Harmony Barber Shop Question

Illybell

Earning My Ears
Hello all you lovely DIS-ers! Just a couple quick questions about Harmony...

I'm going to WDW in a few weeks for my 10th time and I've never done Harmony. I'll be going with 2 girls (6 and 8) and a boy (8) and I was looking for something for the 3 of us to do. I don't have anywhere near the money for BBB and the Pirates, but I just recently saw something about how the barber shop does hair gel and glitter for boys and girls for a much smaller cost.

Since I've never done this, I was just wondering: 1) if they still do this period. 2) do I need to call for a reservation? 3) Do you know how much this costs? 4) How long does it take? 5) And will they do it for adults too? The kids would be so super excited if at least I (27) did it with them.

And cause I know its a suggestion, and in case this isn't an option, I've been practicing doing the BBB updo for the girls and got glitter hairspray to go with the dresses the girls already have so they don't feel left out with all the girls at MK that are made up. My poor friend is so over my abuse of her hair already :rotfl2:

Thank you all so much!

A haircut is around $20 for adults, few dollars cheaper for kids. If you want the glitter, i believe it's included. Not sure if you can just walk in to get glittered or if there is a cost. I would make a reservation if the 3 of you are going to do it. We didn't our last trip and 2 of our boys wanted hair cuts and we waited 45 minutes for the first and about 30 minutes after that for the second. Now they did tell us a time to come back, they work the walk ins around the appointments. Everyone there was very nice and I have to say the best haircuts the boys have had. My youngest has had 3 there and I still can't find someone that does so good with his hair around where I live. My oldest got his cut last trip and he said he was going to wait to get his hair cut there each time since they did such a good job. Margaret and Mike did their hair last time, we've had Norma too (she did my youngest's first haircut) and was wonderful too.

I would call....we asked about the colored Mickey gel we saw online and were told they no longer do them- I am not sure about hair color in general. We were there for 2 weeks this summer and were in the barbershop on 2 different occasions and never saw the hair color (but maybe we just didn't see it?)

Also, they get very busy and the place is small- definitely want ressies if you can get them. But we did get our son's cut with a walk-in. We went first thing and had to wait about 20 minutes. They gave all my kids glitter whether they had cuts or not. I also saw a couple of people just walk in and ask for glitter and they were able to get it.

Also- they can only accept cash tips! You can't tip on cc or with magic band so make sure you have some cash!

I would call....we asked about the colored Mickey gel we saw online and were told they no longer do them- I am not sure about hair color in general. We were there for 2 weeks this summer and were in the barbershop on 2 different occasions and never saw the hair color (but maybe we just didn't see it?)

Also, they get very busy and the place is small- definitely want ressies if you can get them. But we did get our son's cut with a walk-in. We went first thing and had to wait about 20 minutes. They gave all my kids glitter whether they had cuts or not. I also saw a couple of people just walk in and ask for glitter and they were able to get it.

Also- they can only accept cash tips! You can't tip on cc or with magic band so make sure you have some cash!
Thanks for the tipping info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter