• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harmony Barber Shop and blonde hair

dimndgal1

One little spark...
I have read a few things here and there about Harmony not doing color on kids with blonde hair... is this true? Has anyone had trouble with color not washing out?

Also, do any of the resort hair salons offer the color and sparkle for kids? I've seen kid priced packages but was wondering if they offer the same as the park?

TIA!!!

My blonde 9 year daugther has done this twice. She always picks red as one of her colors. There is a bit of staining, but it comes out after a few washes. She also left the color in for two days and it was during the summer.

I have read a few things here and there about Harmony not doing color on kids with blonde hair... is this true? Has anyone had trouble with color not washing out?

Also, do any of the resort hair salons offer the color and sparkle for kids? I've seen kid priced packages but was wondering if they offer the same as the park?

TIA!!!

My DD has done the Harmony Barber Shop twice with the colour and sparkles (it's so cute), and she has really really blonde hair. She did pink and purple, and the pink and blue I think. We had no problems washing it out!

I think the Harmony Barber Shop is one of the best things to do at Disney!!

TIA!!!

Our Blond 13 year old had almost shoulder length hair. He agreed to cut it AT Disney World. He left there with a pink mohawk ( you know, to shock Gramma ) and it washed right out that night no problem.

Good to get first hand accounts! I'm not to stressed about some risidual color but one of my friends said she had heard of it staining for awhile. I figured that was an exaggeration - i would imagine a lot of grumpy parents if that was the case - but figured I would ask the experts. ;) Having had pink and blue and purple hair at various times in my teens, a few color streaks that will wash or fade out is no biggie.... just didn't want it to be something more permenant.

We have an appt set up for our last afternoon so I am super excited! We'll be doing PM EMH at MK so DD will end her trip with a bang!

Thanks again!

Good to get first hand accounts! I'm not to stressed about some risidual color but one of my friends said she had heard of it staining for awhile. I figured that was an exaggeration - i would imagine a lot of grumpy parents if that was the case - but figured I would ask the experts. ;) Having had pink and blue and purple hair at various times in my teens, a few color streaks that will wash or fade out is no biggie.... just didn't want it to be something more permenant.

We have an appt set up for our last afternoon so I am super excited! We'll be doing PM EMH at MK so DD will end her trip with a bang!

Thanks again!

Since you know the stuff, they don't use Manic Panic or Punky Colors or anything. It's a comb-in thick color gel that washes right out.

all 7 of my kids either are blond or were blond in their younger days. They've all done the barber shop colors many times. I've also a son that just had to get pink because his father always said he was so crazy he expected him to come home with pink hair one day! Never had any problems with the colors staining. We usually go in Sept, when it's hot and humid, and I worried more about the kids touching the colors before they dried and getting it on their clothes then I did about it staining their hair. It's always washed out of their clothes too.

My Barbie-blonde daughter never has any trouble getting the color out of her hair. Even Halloween spray-in colors are more prone to cause staining than the colored gels they use at the barber shop.

My daughter has very blond hair and the colors washed out fairly easily, I had more trouble getting all the glittery junk out. She had pink and purple, and the purple did require 2 shampoo applications to get out, but it took 3 or 4 to get all the glitter out, so the color wasn't an issue.

My very blonde son didn't have any trouble with the color used to spike his hair on top, but they also put a hidden mickey on the back of his head. I guess it was too much color gel concentrated in one spot because he had remenants of that mickey for about a month afterwards until his hair grew long enough to clip it out. :rotfl: We still visit the barber shop every trip, but no more hidden mickey's.

Can anyone please elaborate on the Harmony Barbershop Services? When I called to make reservations 2 different people told me that it was a barbershop ONLY and they could only cut hair. No styling at all. I know my daughter would LOVE to get some sparkle and color in her hair- we are already scheduled for BBB for both of them, but this could be really fun. Thanks!

we had red put in my sons hair and it stayed in till after we were home. it took to washings to get the bulk of it out but it stained his hair for a while. I am not uptight about that sort of thing so it didn't bother me but it did stain for about 5 washings. the blue and the green came right out.

my husband is blond and had a blue mickey drawn with that dye goop on the back of his head. came out right away in the shower.

yes, you can get dye without the glitter. hubs would definitely not have gone for the glitter! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter