Hardest ADRs to get?

There are even availabilities for 6, but not 5. :rolleyes2
You probably already know this, but for the benefit of someone reading this thread who doesn't know, there's no penalty for booking for 6 and showing up with only 5. It's well known that Disney's ADR system doesn't like odd-numbered parties - sometimes guests traveling solo have to book a table for 4 because the system says there aren't any for 1, 2, or 3!

Couldn't get anything for Space 220 Lounge and Garden Grill for 60+6 this morning (annoying as I have a 15 night split stay over 3 resorts and 6 nights is my longest stretch). No decent times at Yak and Yeti either (10.30am or 3pm) for the day I wanted (60+3). I had to do some quick switching around to get a decent Homecomin' time for 60+7 (none for 60+1 or my back-up of 60+3).

I managed to get the times I wanted last week for Sci Fi (60+4), Topolino's Breakfast (60+6), Beaches and Cream (60+6) and Teppan Edo, but availability is very low/not there for other days so I can't move B&C and Teppan Edo around if I need to. Teppan has a little better availability than B&C. Times weren't great for Rainforest Cafe at AKL when I booked (none for dinner), but weirdly a bunch of times were released later in the week so I was able to move my lunch to dinner. Oga's didn't give me any problems but because it's not food, I wasn't looking for a specific time so took whatever on the day I wanted. Neither did San Angel Inn, but availability seems low at 60 days.

I want a T-Rex lunch for our last day (60+4) so I've been keeping an eye on that, which also seems quite hard to get, but maybe lunch will be better.

In my experience, Space 220 Lounge is hardest to get, then Space 220. Then Topolino's. After that: Sci-Fi, Beaches & Cream, and Artist Point. Plus sometimes 'Ohana dinner. T-Rex, Homecomin', and Yak & Yeti can also be hard, but you can sometimes get reservations for those by calling the restaurant directly. Aside from those, you should be able to get most of what you want at 60+2 or +3.

That's unusual. They probably just haven't loaded ADRs in the system for GG for your dates yet. I would keep checking back!
Thanks, I will!

I actually just decided to chance checking Space 220 Lounge for 2 people instead and got a 11.40am time! I'll keep checking for 3, otherwise I'm hoping they'll be OK that the 3rd person is my 6 year old!

You probably already know this, but for the benefit of someone reading this thread who doesn't know, there's no penalty for booking for 6 and showing up with only 5. It's well known that Disney's ADR system doesn't like odd-numbered parties - sometimes guests traveling solo have to book a table for 4 because the system says there aren't any for 1, 2, or 3!
Totally agree!

I go solo as well and some places… I’m looking at you Garden Grill… won’t book for less than 4. Interestingly, I am always able to modify to 1… yes, even GG… so my ressie reflects just me.

As pointed out never search odd numbers. Always even and make them more than your party number. If you are 3, search 4. Showing up with less will not be an issue. If you try to add people when you arrive you may be turned away. They can’t seat 3 people if they have allocated your party to a 2 top. You may be fine, but it is a risk.

Totally agree!

I go solo as well and some places… I’m looking at you Garden Grill… won’t book for less than 4. Interestingly, I am always able to modify to 1… yes, even GG… so my ressie reflects just me.

As pointed out never search odd numbers. Always even and make them more than your party number. If you are 3, search 4. Showing up with less will not be an issue. If you try to add people when you arrive you may be turned away. They can’t seat 3 people if they have allocated your party to a 2 top. You may be fine, but it is a risk.
This is crazy! I've been checking for GG all morning for 3 and nothing (my window opened today). Just checked for 4 and there is tons of availability for the dates I wanted, what the heck!

This is crazy! I've been checking for GG all morning for 3 and nothing (my window opened today). Just checked for 4 and there is tons of availability for the dates I wanted, what the heck!

Amazing, right?!

Book for 4... when you get the ressie, you can then select modify and search it for 3. You should see the same time available so you can update the number of guest from 4 to 3. I am always able to do this, even modifying 4 down to 1 if I'm solo.

Honestly, if you keep it at 4 you will be fine. Just mention you are a party of 3 when you arrive.

I was able to get everything I wanted this morning except Space 220 Lounge. I checked every date of my vacation and a no go. I will keep trying. :surfweb:

Couldn't get anything for Space 220 Lounge and Garden Grill for 60+6 this morning (annoying as I have a 15 night split stay over 3 resorts and 6 nights is my longest stretch). No decent times at Yak and Yeti either (10.30am or 3pm) for the day I wanted (60+3). I had to do some quick switching around to get a decent Homecomin' time for 60+7 (none for 60+1 or my back-up of 60+3).

I managed to get the times I wanted last week for Sci Fi (60+4), Topolino's Breakfast (60+6), Beaches and Cream (60+6) and Teppan Edo, but availability is very low/not there for other days so I can't move B&C and Teppan Edo around if I need to. Teppan has a little better availability than B&C. Times weren't great for Rainforest Cafe at AKL when I booked (none for dinner), but weirdly a bunch of times were released later in the week so I was able to move my lunch to dinner. Oga's didn't give me any problems but because it's not food, I wasn't looking for a specific time so took whatever on the day I wanted. Neither did San Angel Inn, but availability seems low at 60 days.

I want a T-Rex lunch for our last day (60+4) so I've been keeping an eye on that, which also seems quite hard to get, but maybe lunch will be better.
T-Rex, Rainforest and Yak & Yeti are all Landry’s restaurants, so you might consider applying for the Landry’s Select card. It costs $25, but you get a $25 credit on your first bill, so it’s a wash. It allows you to call them and make a reservation directly, bypassing Disney’s ADR system. Also, you can walk up, show your card, and go to the front of the line, although at extremely busy times this doesn’t always work, so I’d call for a reservation.

PS it asks for your birthday month - if you don’t have Landry’s restaurants near home, put the month you’re most likely to visit WDW. You’ll get a $25 birthday credit that month, and they will not check your ID!

Thanks, I will!

I actually just decided to chance checking Space 220 Lounge for 2 people instead and got a 11.40am time! I'll keep checking for 3, otherwise I'm hoping they'll be OK that the 3rd person is my 6 year old!
The 6 year old needs to be included in the reservation if you want him/her to come in with you. They very well may not allow someone who isn’t on the reservation to enter.

The 6 year old needs to be included in the reservation if you want him/her to come in with you. They very well may not allow someone who isn’t on the reservation to enter.
I think this is especially true for going from 2-3 because you're asking for a bigger table size than you are booked for. The system only has this ADR allocated for a two-top, presumably.

Thanks, I will!

Many restaurants seat parties of 2 at tables for 4, so that works for those locations. But the Space 220 lounge has a lot of tables for 2, which won't accommodate 3, and you're taking a chance that they may not be able to seat you. I'd keep checking for a table for 4, because there's no problem if you show up with only 3 in your party.

However, as I learned today, sometimes one of those hard to book restaurants is available at the last minute. So don't give up. Today, I happened to check last minute availability for tomorrow. Yeah, I was thinking of WDW and I was bored. Both Sci-Fi and Beaches and Cream, 2 "hard to get" ADR's, were both available. And one time I got Narcoose's on the day of.

I also just learned that if you search for lunch, you may get some really bad times, but search for a specific time and other times show up.

My window (60+10) opened last Tuesday and my priority was Space 220 lounge. I managed to get 12.40, but I wanted 11.30am so kept looking and within 10 minutes it was available, someone must have been holding it and let it go. Managed to book all my other choices, which may not have been as popular so available: Lunch at Sci-Fi diner and Chefs de France, dinner at the Boathouse and Grand Floridian Cafe. Narcoosee's is our must-do each trip but it'll be closed in August sadly. Garden Grill breakfast is not an option either, but I'll keep checking just in case.

This! I travel solo and ALWAYS bump to 2. I'd be at a 2-top anyway, and there's no penalty for the "ghost". If you've got an odd numbered party, bump it up to the next even number (1 to 2, 3 to 4, 5 to 6, etc.) since the system sometimes has "issues" with odd-numbered parties.

I also put 2 in for walk-up wait-list even if it's just me. The system would want to add at minimum 45 minutes for a party of 1 (as in estimated wait for 2 was 5 minutes, but if I changed it to 1 it was 50 minutes - and it was not more people putting their names on as when I bumped it back to 2 it was still 5 minutes). Yeah, the person at the host stand may look a little funny, but they'll seat you. (And in the case of Three Bridges even say "That is so stupid the system does that. You're at the exact same table."

This! I travel solo and ALWAYS bump to 2. I'd be at a 2-top anyway, and there's no penalty for the "ghost". If you've got an odd numbered party, bump it up to the next even number (1 to 2, 3 to 4, 5 to 6, etc.) since the system sometimes has "issues" with odd-numbered parties.

I also put 2 in for walk-up wait-list even if it's just me. The system would want to add at minimum 45 minutes for a party of 1 (as in estimated wait for 2 was 5 minutes, but if I changed it to 1 it was 50 minutes - and it was not more people putting their names on as when I bumped it back to 2 it was still 5 minutes). Yeah, the person at the host stand may look a little funny, but they'll seat you. (And in the case of Three Bridges even say "That is so stupid the system does that. You're at the exact same table."
I always book for 2 also when I'm solo. I figure it's [remotely] possible thatI'll meet another solo beforehand, that I'll want to continue chatting with over a meal. Granted, it's never actually happened in over 25 solo trips, but it's still nice to leave the option open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter