• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hard Rock King Deluxe

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
I booked a garden view king room for our upcoming stay. Since I am Loews Gold, I asked for an upgrade when booking. She told me that the upgrade would be a deluxe room, but there were not deluxes with two queens (we are two adults and two children), so she booked me in a deluxe king and said to call and try to change it to 2 queens, because most likely there would be one available and she also noted on my reservation that we are requesting two queens.

I told her that we had two kids and would really need the two queens and I didn't want to get stuck with one king bed. She said that it is better to take the deluxe that is available and try to switch, because pretty soon all the deluxes will be gone and it will be too late.

I made it clear that we had two kids (website says king deluxe will only accomodate 3), and she said "We will definately be able to accomodate you - you are Loews Gold, we will definately have a room for you".

Does this sound right? I am nervous about it - I don't want to show up and be told that they only have king rooms left. I actually don't even know if I care that much about a deluxe. We were in a queen deluxe before and it didn't seem that much bigger than a regular room. Are the king deluxes the same as the queens? Should I just switch back to the garden view? HELP!!

i would play it safe and switch back to the garden view

i just wouldn't want to take a "gamble" and end up with the king deluxe and no where for the kids to sleep:grouphug: it would be one squishy bed (lol)

i know myself from reading previous posts that problems do occur, especially when one agent promises something and another agent can't deliver on it

have a great trip:wave:

I switched back to the garden view standard. I am really hoping for an upgrade being a Loews Gold, but I feel like I will be disappointed because the hotel seems pretty booked. Our trip will be fabulous either way, though.:wave:

i think that the couch in the deluxe rooms fold out into a bed.

Only the 2 queen deluxe rooms have a pullout couch. The king bed deluxes do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter