HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Status
Not open for further replies.
russy said:
:crazy: have booked 2 night stay in october 2005 just want to know as i have heard on other sites that you can use you r room key on the day you book in and the day you check out if so how can this be when you hand in your key on leaving and what time can you check in i only want the key not bothered what time you get the room :moped:

Yes, you can use your room key from check in till midnight the day you check out. You can check in early in the AM, they will give you "a" key to use at the parks till your room is ready. Check in is 4P.

virginflyer, told you that there is no need to return the key.

i called for info on my room for my trip in october and was just informed even though there are black out dates on the loews card the first two nights i am there, i get the upgrade to a deluxe on my third night.

woo hoo...............

when i originally booked i was told it was black out nights for loew members for the extras. so glad i called back and found one of the dates lifted.

get the free welcome gift and free upgrade.
life can't get any sweeter....... :bounce:

Trying to make a last minute reservation at HRH, but of course I'm looking for a discount! The only thing available is a garden room for $264.00. I am a loews member but there are no upgrades or discounted rooms available at any of the universal hotels for arrival in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Tried online travel sites and they are showing no availability either. Am I just out of luck?

have you tried orangevacations. com and hotelkingdom.com?

these two places book in large amounts then sell to the public.

last summer, one of them undercut the price i could have received at hrh.

AAA gives you a discount, fan club card holders and annual pass holders also.

do you own any of them?

We are planning a Universal/WDW vacation next summer and I have some question. Would you go WDW first? How are the crowds mid August ( 23-27 I think)? How are the room rates? Are there discounts? Any thing you think might be heklpful would be great....The trip wiill be my husband, myself & kids 14,12,9,7,4,3!!! :crazy:

I would go to WDW first because once the family experiences hotel express they may never want to stand in line again.

dennisnlisab96 said:
We are planning a Universal/WDW vacation next summer and I have some question. Would you go WDW first? How are the crowds mid August ( 23-27 I think)? How are the room rates? Are there discounts? Any thing you think might be heklpful would be great....The trip wiill be my husband, myself & kids 14,12,9,7,4,3!!! :crazy:

for discounts, loews hotel accept the fan club card, annual pass, AAA, they no longer accept the entertainment card.

i believe rates are lower in august when you plan to go. check the thread on the rates people are booking at this year.

i did not find august time period you mentioned to be unbearable. like the other poster stated, the front of the line (fotl) pass is a blessing. no standing in long lines. yes, do disney first then universal. it is a unique experience that can not be compared to disney. you will be spoiled by the fotl for sure.
for my last 7 trips, i did disney first then moved over to universal.

get the loew card for discounts on hotels.
get the orlandomagic card also for discounts on merch and food.
both cards are free. go to their websites to obtain them.

the universal fan club card can be obtained through employment and organizations. discounts for merch, food and hotels and city walk with it.
but not all people qualify for the card.

if you have AAA, you get discounts on tickets, food, merch and hotels
same with the annual pass.
with the entertainment book, you can still get discounts on the tickets and universal money to spend in the park.
city walk honors AAA, fan club card, ap, orlandomagic card for discounts.

if you do not stay on site, use the express pass. it is free.
the express pass plus costs about $15 at the time of year you mentioned.

any more questions??
raven

hard rock hotel is my favorite at universal.

i have stayed there 6 times and going back again in october.
i can't bear to try the other two places (unless free like last year) as i feel so much at home at hrh.

the shortcut to the park from by the pool /bar area really cuts back on time if you are in a rush. it was closed last year due to hurricane repairs and hoping it has reopened now.
does anyone know if guests can use that shortcut now?

woops......yikes.............forgot to list one more way to get discounts.....

universal master card................how could i have forgotten to list that one.
i got mine two years ago and use it everywhere. i had it before i received the AAA membership.

use the mc anywhere in the park, hotel, city walk and get discounts off of purchases. also receive points for each dollar spent. with my points, i am going for the vacation package.......only 45,000 more points to go......

specials are often frequently on the website if you use the universal mc.

We're thinking of going to HR the Wed before Thanksgiving and staying until Sunday. Can anyone direct me to where I might find pictures of the Kids Suites?

Thanks!

Macraven,

Just returned from a week at HRH and the shortcut from the pool to US is open.Just under a ten minute walk by my watch.

firestorm, thanks for the great news.

so now the exit by the bar area is open.........fantastic, only a five minute or less walk to universal

macraven said:
firestorm, thanks for the great news.

so now the exit by the bar area is open.........fantastic, only a five minute or less walk to universal

We used this entrance/exit a few times in June. Only once was it closed.

You could always take the short cut at the back of the water slide. It's a bit off the beaten track and you have to be careful you dont get smacked in the head by the revolving guitar, but it's only a 3 minute walk to the US entrance!

You mean to tell me that the exit behind the slide has reopened? I walked through that area earlier this month and thought that it was closed off as a means to get to the parks. Please confirm. I ended up using the exit that was on the other side of the pool.

i am getting confused on this now.

the shortcut i have always used is on the south side of hrh.
you cut thru the bar area, make a sharp right (away from the pool)
you walk about 20 feet and in front of you is the iron gate where you use your hotel key when you are reentering.

once you pass thru this gate, you enter the parking lot or can walk the half circle to the left of it on the sidewalk. it empties out to the area after the busses.
then the entrance to the studios is straight ahead. it is only a 4 minute walk tops.

the other way to walk over to the studios is around the left side of the pool and take the sidewalk stroll along the waterway.
that walk is about 10 minutes.

the exit by the bar area was closed last year due to repairs from the hurricane. i was there the first week or so in october and could not use it.

I apologise.I was talking about the one that is left of the pool area.I didn't even know there was one by the bar! I wish I knew about that last week when it was 95 plus!

I think Pauldents said he used this one in June.Three minute walk is better than ten.

thats ok firestorm, you werent aware of the shortcut.

last october it was closed due to repairs from the last hurricane. they said it should be opened about two weeks after i left. i just wanted to make sure it was now operating.

four years ago, my son and i walked all the way, the long way as we missed the boat shuttle to the park. it was hot in june and a long walk.........

for three years we did not know about the shortcut.
we found out by accident. it was late and we were so tired and followed a couple that used their hotel key to use the shortcut. thats how we found out about it.

Are there any rooms at the HR that have patios/balconies? I can't remember seeing any & I just looked thru 14 pages & didnt' see anyone mention one - Hmmmmmmmm?
Anyone ever stay in one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter