HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad are the obstructed view rooms? The customer service rep I spoke to said they are usually palm trees, view of a lower floor roof or parking lot. Anything worse? I booked an obstructed view at $183/night in January, standard room at RPR is $171.

I have stayed many times at the HRH and if anyone wants to know if the club level is worth the extra say $100.00 a day i would say YES YES YES.I have 3 kids and if you put together the breakfast,drinks all day and the evening food and adult drinks you will be saving $50 to $75 dollars a day over the $100.00.The food is top notch from the reasurants downstairs.I will stay concierge every time because it is well worth the extra money and on the top of the concierge resort list.The HRH concierge is better then Disney except the polynesian which has now put the price tag to high.

Our last two stays we only went to a resturant just one time because my daughter wanted to eat at the hard Rock.You will be surprised how much food they put out every day breakfast and dinner.

tiggerguy :thumbsup2

This sounds great. We are booked in HRH from 9 to 13 December. We have already made full payment. Will they entertain our request to change our standard room to club level? How much more do you recken we will have to pay for the change if we are still allowed to do so?

Hi! I just booked two rooms through the AAA website for next August. I have a Loews number but dont have the card (can I get another?) and also need the rooms to be connecting. Both rooms are reserved in my name but AAA does not let you do both at the same time....you first book one room and then go back and book the second room. Do I just call the HRH directly or Loews to request these things? There are six of us and I would like us to be together. Also...are we going to be upgraded to the next level (what is that) if it is available? I currently have garden/pool view. Should I request close to elevator or high floor? I feel at a total loss when it comes to a Universal Hotel and need help - lol. (I have read this whole thread already) I also dont see that they took any deposit from my credit card.....I thought I read that they do but it is almost a week already and nothings been taken.

I am also considering changing the dates from the first three days of our trip to the last three due to comments about being spoiled by FOTL.....that sounds like a good idea and the rates are the same but I am hoping Disney will come out with the free dining that week....decisions decisions!!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Anyone have club deluxe pics to share? I would love to see some. Esp. king rooms. tx!

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the Dive in theatre? We haven't been to US/IA in years and we are spending thanksgiving weekend there so I am brushing up. Thanks:cheer2:

I admit I have not read this whole thread---I've read the last few pages.

Really, $12/day for self parking at HRH? How much is valet? Is there a AAA (or other) discount for parking?

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the Dive in theatre? We haven't been to US/IA in years and we are spending thanksgiving weekend there so I am brushing up. Thanks:cheer2:

Dive in theatre is where they show a movie at the pool, so instead of dRive in, it's dive in!

Sorry, bengalbelle...I don't know the answer to your question.

Anyone have club deluxe pics to share? I would love to see some. Esp. king rooms. tx!

i had a king suite this month
i could post those pics if you want.

about the parking fee, i heard it was increasing to $15 soon.
my charge was $12 for a car, self parking and valet was $16 this month at hrh.

that what was on my ressie but i used car service this time.

this was what was listed for parking for early october. I copied it from my recent ressie:

Deposit 1 night room rate, plus tax
Cancellation 5 days prior to arrival
Check-in time 4:00 PM
Check-out time 11:00 AM
Room Tax 12.5%
Self Parking $12 per night

valet must have increased after i left.

that is close to the time period i was there.
oct 4- 9.

i booked months ago so maybe my rate was before the increase.
i heard people talking in the lobby about a parking increase that was going to be implemented.

Thanks thinking of trying to grab a room in January. Stayed at Portofino prior so might try this one. This should be good information:banana:

We've stayed at both in the past (HRH in 2003 and PBH in 2005) on club levels. What we remember about HRH's lounge was that it was better stocked than PBH's lounge. When things ran out at PBH they sometimes just said "that's all there is," and didn't refill the items, but this would be when it was still far from closing time. Can anyone tell me their experiences with both if you've been to both? Also, does anyone have any updated pics of HRH's food offerings in the lounge. TIA!

hello

has anyone noticed if you can get soy milk at hrh? we are going to be on club level in january and wondered if you could get it there or in a shop on property. thanks much.

Are there laundry facilities at HRH? Cost and location?

There are laundry facilites at HRH. I think there is only one, or perhaps two, laundry rooms for the hotel. It seems like the facilities are limited, with only a few washers and dryers.

EDIT: Earlier when I posted I thought the more detailed information was on the HRH website, however it is not. I located the specific information in my book by Kelly Monaghan titled Universal Orlando 2008, which I would highly recommend purchasing if you don't have a copy. There's great information, such as the following. . . . . there are small laundry rooms located on the second and fourth floors near the elevators. They only have 2 washers and dryers each and the cost is $2.50 to wash and $2.50 to dry. I would suppose the prices can change anytime.

My husband and I would like to take our two kids (ages 13 and 16) and 2 of their friends to HRH in March. I see that the rooms say maximum occupancy of 5. Will they let you have 6 in there and just pay extra, or will I have to get a suite? I can't afford a suite!!!!

My husband and I would like to take our two kids (ages 13 and 16) and 2 of their friends to HRH in March. I see that the rooms say maximum occupancy of 5. Will they let you have 6 in there and just pay extra, or will I have to get a suite? I can't afford a suite!!!!

First, welcome to the DIS!!!!

I believe the Florida law states no more than 5 to a hotel room.....unless it's a "mini condo" or something like that...but, no, you will be limited to 5....sorry... :guilty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter