Hard Rock All Access Question

Purseval

DIS Veteran
I read in the HRH thread that Hard Rock all Access was now free, but all I see on their website is a $24.95 offer. Is there a different link for the free card or is it back to being a paid membership only?

Also, one of the bennies listed is late checkout. How late is late?

I went ahead and paid the $27 or whatever it was (they also charge S&H) I looked at the 2 links and the free one doesn't mention free room upgrades, late checkout, etc. I gave my stepdaughter and her husband a night at HRH so I'll give them the card to go with it, maybe they'll get a better room out of it. At the very least they'll be able to stop over at the Hard rock store and get a T-shirt. Thanks for the help, loperella :)

i bought the all access card online quite a few years ago.

there are more perks with that one than the free one.

when i bought mine, i received 2 cards.
one had $20 credit on it, received the HRC back pack, 2 HRC pins, and something else.

if i can find the thread that was around a few months back, i'll pull the link up for you here.

How late is the late check out? Is it very common to be able to get with the All access card?

it depends on how booked the hotel is the day you check out.

i have done a 2:00 checkout w/o issues.

i have heard some guests have only been given a one or two hour extension.

I have the free card & according to the person at HRH I checked our reservation with the other day if there is an upgrade available I can get it with the free card.

Sorry for the double post but I'd love input as we are in the midst of re-booking both portions of our trip (having decided to forgo the possibility of free dining in exchange for non-peak rates at HRH).

Right now we are booked for garden view 8/12-8/15. Looking at changing that to 8/19-8/22 as it brings the room cost down quite a bit. Bummer is I will lose my $99 tickets but since we won't be at the parks more than 2.5 days, and I don't see the need for 2 park tickets, the room savings outweighs it by quite a lot.

here is my question.

Package prices are equal between the Harry Potter (three broomsticks breakfast) standard view room OR garden view no HP package. Reservation is for 2 rooms.

What would you choose? Garden view with hope for an upgrade to Pool view or Breakfast with hope of an upgrade to Garden or keep the garden as the chances for a real upgrade at check-in are laughable. How bad is standard? Is pool noisy? I know it's beautiful!!!!!!

I have the paid version of the card. Which, even if I don't get an upgrade seems worth it to me but an upgrade would be really good!

thanks!
_______

I have the free card & according to the person at HRH I checked our reservation with the other day if there is an upgrade available I can get it with the free card.

I was told this as well.

Also wondering about standard room.

Sorry for the double post but I'd love input as we are in the midst of re-booking both portions of our trip (having decided to forgo the possibility of free dining in exchange for non-peak rates at HRH).

Right now we are booked for garden view 8/12-8/15. Looking at changing that to 8/19-8/22 as it brings the room cost down quite a bit. Bummer is I will lose my $99 tickets but since we won't be at the parks more than 2.5 days, and I don't see the need for 2 park tickets, the room savings outweighs it by quite a lot.

here is my question.

Package prices are equal between the Harry Potter (three broomsticks breakfast) standard view room OR garden view no HP package. Reservation is for 2 rooms.

What would you choose? Garden view with hope for an upgrade to Pool view or Breakfast with hope of an upgrade to Garden or keep the garden as the chances for a real upgrade at check-in are laughable. How bad is standard? Is pool noisy? I know it's beautiful!!!!!!

I have the paid version of the card. Which, even if I don't get an upgrade seems worth it to me but an upgrade would be really good!

thanks!
_______

I have the All Access card and always book a standard room. Both times I have stayed at HRH we got an upgrade to pool view. The pool isn't loud in the room at all. I have never once heard any noise from the pool. The hallways can be a little loud during the summer...especially at night when you are trying to sleep! I really enjoy the pool view rooms...it is such a nice view in the morning when we are having coffee!

We bought the paid access card and are thinking of staying club. Are there any upgrades for club? Maybe a deluxe?

My parents decided to join us for our Universal trip in September (10 - 14). Our room reservations are separate, but linked. I am going to assume, if we have a card, an available upgrade would only apply to our room?

I have the All Access card and always book a standard room. Both times I have stayed at HRH we got an upgrade to pool view. The pool isn't loud in the room at all. I have never once heard any noise from the pool. The hallways can be a little loud during the summer...especially at night when you are trying to sleep! I really enjoy the pool view rooms...it is such a nice view in the morning when we are having coffee!

What do you think the chances of getting an upgrade would be at the end of Aug?

My company stayed over this past saturday. We got upgraded from garden to pool view and I was told that sleeping in late depends on how early they will need the room again. In their case they were told they could check out at 12:30. When they went to the souvenir shop to buy a shirt they also discovered that $10 had been added on to the card as a birthday present for my wife :) So it was well worth it.

Probably going to stay at HRH 2 nights April 2011... but will likely hit the parks on day of arrival(thursday), Friday and Saturday before heading to Port Canaveral for an evening before a cruise. Is the front of the line pass good all three days or just two... and if it is two, which two??? tks.

Probably going to stay at HRH 2 nights April 2011... but will likely hit the parks on day of arrival(thursday), Friday and Saturday before heading to Port Canaveral for an evening before a cruise. Is the front of the line pass good all three days or just two... and if it is two, which two??? tks.

It will be from the day you check in until the day you check out, so three days! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter