Harbor House???

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by taben, May 13, 2010.

1. taben

taben Mouseketeer

We are going on the keys tour and this place will be our lunch which is included. You like??? What do you suggest to get there? : )

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ReneeA

ReneeA DIS Veteran

It's our favorite CS meal in MK. Personally, I like the Anchor's Aweigh sandwich (tuna) and DH likes the fish and shrimp combo. They have a newer fried shrimp platter that looks interesting.

4. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

Yup. Good place to eat. their fish is not bad and it's a little less crowded than many QS place

5. devonsmommy

devonsmommy DIS Veteran

One of my favorites too. I love the Anchors Aweigh sandwich and the apple dessert is GOOD!

6. VAN

VAN DIS Veteran

Yes, it is my favorite CS at the MK because they have something other than burgers and it is quieter. I never even knew it was a counter service place for many years ... always walked by thinking it was a TS. LOL!

Have fun on the tour!

7. JackandSally79

JackandSally79 Growing old but not up

Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich :thumbsup2

8. HsvTeacher

HsvTeacher DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of CHH fans! :thumbsup2

I like the shrimp platter which is the same one they have at Mara. The fish/chicken combo is pretty good, too.

9. ElizabethG

ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

I like the Lighthouse Sandwich. I must get there at least once per trip.

10. jdisnut

jdisnut DIS Veteran

Columbia Harbour House is probably my favorite counter service location on property. I particularly enjoy the Lighthouse sandwich, which includes hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw.

11. beroh2253

beroh2253 Love Dixie Landings(POR)

They save a nice area on the 2nd floor of Harbor House reserved for the tour people and you order ahead and the food is ready when you get there. I got the fish basket and DW got the Anchors Aweigh tuna Sandwich which is think the best tuna sandwich I have evrer eaten, Here are some other meals offered at Coulmbia House.

Lighthouse Sandwich

Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish

Fried Shrimp Basket

Chicken Breast Nuggets

BLT Salad

Garden Harvest Salad

Strawberry Yogurt
    Chocolate Cake
    Apple Crisp

12. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I'm a huge fan of tuna sandwiches, and the Anchors Aweigh is one of my favorites.

13. runskyhy

runskyhy It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!

We took the tour in February - it was excellent. When you check in for the tour, a CM will take your lunch order then (so it will be ready when you get there int he afternoon.) I don't recall if they gave us the whole menu to choose from or not. (The tuna sandwich was on it though.) Have a great trip!

14. CrAnK33

CrAnK33 Earning My Ears

Clam Chowder is good.

15. Luv4Disney

Luv4Disney DIS Veteran

I usually just get the chicken tenders. DH loves the fried fish there and our friend really like the tuna sandwich.

16. TillyMarigold

TillyMarigold DIS Veteran

I have read some reports where people on the KTTK tour picked from the whole menu (that was how it was for our tour in September 2009) and others where there were limited options (even from other people who went around the same time as we did).

17. beroh2253

beroh2253 Love Dixie Landings(POR)

All the portions are of a good size, you could split with someone getting something else, the tuna sand is 2 pretty big halfs I split that with DW gave her one of the fish from the fish basket.

18. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

I have never had the tuna sandwich at CHH but after all the positive reviews here on the DIS I'm definitely going to be getting one during our upcoming trip. I can't wait to try it!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

19. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

The BLT salad is one of our favorites! It is a fresh salad with fried chicken strips (all white meat) on top with cheese, crumbled bacon and onions and some other salad items. Choose your own dressing for it, and it is a great change from the same old.

One day when we go back, the Lighthouse sandwich is on the top of my list!:)

20. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

CHH is pretty much the only CS we do at WDW. It was once better, but we still include it on some of our trips. :earsboy:

21. hkeller27

hkeller27 DIS Veteran

Love the clam chowder. Sometimes even when it's hot outside :)