• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harbor Blvd security

I guess what I was imagining the strap was removable (my wife had had something similar). So if they are separated they can be placed in the little basket you put your belongings in before walking through the metal detector. I have to put my wallet in there as it ends up setting off the alarm.

Anyway, just a thought.

Two weeks ago, we were there Wed through Sunday and got in line (or lack thereof) for security around 7:25 each day. We were in the parks and heading to rides by 7:45-7:48 every morning and that's with all 7 of us having to take pics daily for tickets!

Sorry - newbie here and reading this I am confused. Is there a bagless security line for DCA? If yes, it it always a specific dedicated lane? I wear a flipbelt (spandex band around my waist) where I stuff my phone and credit card in. Can I use a bagless line?

Sorry - newbie here and reading this I am confused. Is there a bagless security line for DCA? If yes, it it always a specific dedicated lane? I wear a flipbelt (spandex band around my waist) where I stuff my phone and credit card in. Can I use a bagless line?
There is no bagless line. If it's not a bag, there's nothing for the bag checker to look in, but you'll still take it out and put it on the table as you go through x-ray scanner

You all seem like experts so I have a question .This is a off subject. I you stay on Harbor which hotels are closest to entrance to park?

thanks in advance

To clarify, security is to enter the resort area, not specific parks. If you are entering DCA or DTD from the Grand, there is never a "No Bag" line. Entering from Harbor or the West side, there is sometimes a no bag line when security is available. They will be announcing it. No bags means no bags. If your wallet has a zipper, they will want you to open it, making it a bag. If you have a fanny pack, that is a bag. The flip belt is not, but like pockets you will have to take your phone and credit card/wallet out and put them in the tray or hold them out in front of you. If you have a stroller or use a scooter, you are a bag.

If you have bags, have everything open BEFORE you hit the table. (Yes, unzip ALL zippers. Make life easier for the people behind you.) Have your purse/bag off your shoulders. Have everything ready to pull out from under the stroller. It all has to be checked.

You all seem like experts so I have a question .This is a off subject. I you stay on Harbor which hotels are closest to entrance to park?

thanks in advance
Best Western Park Place Inn and Park Vue Inn are the very closest. From there north there are Tropicana and Camelot. From there south, there are Desert Inn, del Sol, Legacy Grand.

There's more than that, but those are the 7 closest to the pedestrian entrance.

thanks in advance
Best Western Park Place Inn and Park Vue Inn are the very closest. From there north there are Tropicana and Camelot. From there south, there are Desert Inn, del Sol, Legacy Grand.

There's more than that, but those are the 7 closest to the pedestrian entrance.
We stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn Mini Suites this summer which is right across the street from the entrance
along with Park Vue Inn. BW rooms were in pretty good condition, but it's very much no frills. Pool is small, but kids have fun and enjoy it for a break.

We really liked being back at our hotel as soon as we left the park at night and to take a little break.

If you have a stroller or use a scooter, you are a bag.

If you have bags, have everything open BEFORE you hit the table. (Yes, unzip ALL zippers. Make life easier for the people behind you.) Have your purse/bag off your shoulders. Have everything ready to pull out from under the stroller. It all has to be checked.
Would a large bag around entire stroller and person on scooter have to be opened? 😂 jk

Thank you for the tips!! Lines would go so much faster if everyone actually listened to security when they loudly say (over and over again) to open ALL bags.

We were there last week. Arrived pretty consistently around 7. There was always a long line at security, but by the time we got through the gates and to where they hold you on Main Street, we weren't far back at all. (We were always in the Fantasyland waiting area.) We weren't right in front, but we were maybe 3 rows back. Not close enough if for riding PP without a line, but perfect for doing just about anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter