• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harambe Market opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom

I think we'll drop by in a couple of weeks-waiting for some reviews.

Thanks for sharing! The watermelon lemonade sounds yummy and refreshing! I'm looking forward to hearing more about this dining area! :goodvibes

Not a single vegetarian option so not much use to my family, unfortunately
THANK YOU!!! Up until now I thought I was the only one who noticed. It seems strange that in a park that celebrates animals they don't have more options for people who don't want to eat them. I will be writing and asking why that is.

We ate there twice today. We were so excited that it opened in time for our trip! We went for lunch and had the ribs, carrot slaw and garbanzo bean salad. They were all delicious! The ribs were very tender and full of flavor, and both salads were so fresh and tasty. We loved it so much we decided to Go back for dinner. This time we got the beef flatbread. It was several layers of tender sliced beef, some veggies and a great sauce. The flavors were just so good. It came with the roasted broccoli and tomato salad that we liked, but loved the other salads. There are 4 separate windows, one for the ribs, one for the corn dog type sausages, one for the flatbreads, and one for alcoholic drinks. The whole area is very themed (of course), and mostly shaded under many umbrellas. Loved it!!!!

@ciera321 did you feel it was enough food? I was looking at some pictures and some dishes (maybe besides the ribs) look more like a snack than a filling meal. What was your opinion?

Absolutely, the meals are generous! My DH and I shared both meals, and we're plenty full. The ribs come with 2 salads, and the flatbread was way more than I could possibly eat at a meal. So good!!!!!

I cannot figure out where this are is located. Can anyone point me to a map that would show it?

I don't have a map, but if you're walking from Asia to Africa, right as you come into Africa, there will be a place on the left that kids can play a bunch of drums. Turn right at the drums, and Harambe Market is probably 20 ft. away on your right. Hope that makes sense!

I don't have a map, but if you're walking from Asia to Africa, right as you come into Africa, there will be a place on the left that kids can play a bunch of drums. Turn right at the drums, and Harambe Market is probably 20 ft. away on your right. Hope that makes sense!

Got it. Thanks a bunch. We were there in April, walls were up in that area. But they keep talking about the new FOTLK theatre, and I was confused.

Thanks for this. I'd assumed that the Harambe Market was down by the new FoLK location. Good thing I saw the map!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter