• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Together

silverhaze269

DIS Veteran
Once upon a time, they lived happily ever after...

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

68337_4831322422392_144269563_n.jpg

And then went to Disney World!!! :banana: :dance3: :woohoo: :banana:

41151090016.jpg

41151090029.jpg

41151090038.jpg

41151090052.jpg

This is their story...

Well, our story more like it.

Hi! :wave2: I'm Amy, and welcome to my Trip Report (I'm the one with tattoos and not so curly hair) It's been a little less than a month since we've been home from our honeymoon, and it's taken me this long to get over the post-Disney blahs. :sad1:

Before I get started into the "good stuff", you might want to know a little more about me, if you haven't followed me over from my PTR.

I live in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, with my wonderful wife! Heather, and our menagerie of pets (2 cats, 2 snakes, and a crested gecko). I graduated from university back in May, and have been working full-time ever since at a local drug store. It may not be the most glamorous job in the world, but the people I work with are awesome, which makes it fun. :goodvibes

I've been to Disney 7 times now, and stayed on-site 4 of those times. My first visit was almost 11 years ago now, which is hard to believe.

This time, we stayed at the Pop Century resort for 2 whole weeks, from October 28th until November 11th. We had park hopper tickets for 10 of those days, and ended up going to Blizzard Beach (a first for me) and Disney Quest as well (also a first). It was a fantastic trip despite a little sickness, and by the end of the two weeks, I still wasn't ready to leave! People kept asking us what else we were doing, Universal, Sea World, etc., and were floored when we told them we were doing "just Disney". I don't see what's wrong with that :confused3

Before we're able to arrive in Disney World :-)woohoo:), I have to give a little back story about how we got there. After all, it's best to start from the beginning. So, if you'd rather skip to "the Disney part", I don't fault you, but you may be waiting a few posts. Consider yourself warned.

Up next: Friday October 26th, 1 day till the wedding.

*I also apologize for the size of the photos, I'm not sure how to make them smaller!*

Congrats on the wedding. Looks like it was beautiful. We were up in Halifax about 3-4 years ago. Loved it there. Best part was the Alexander Keiths Pale Ale.YUM! Can't wait to read about the trip.

Hey! Glad to see you've started your trip report. I've been MIA because life has been super busy for the past 2 months but it's starting to stabilize so I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip. Love the wedding pics :) You two look very happy.

Congratulations! and Welcome back! You both look beautiful in your wedding pictures. Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip.

Congrats on the wedding. Looks like it was beautiful. We were up in Halifax about 3-4 years ago. Loved it there. Best part was the Alexander Keiths Pale Ale.YUM! Can't wait to read about the trip.

:welcome: And thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! :thumbsup2

Congrats!!!!
I can't wait to hear all about it

Congrats! Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Hey! Glad to see you've started your trip report. I've been MIA because life has been super busy for the past 2 months but it's starting to stabilize so I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip. Love the wedding pics :) You two look very happy.

Congratulations! and Welcome back! You both look beautiful in your wedding pictures. Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip.

:welcome: back guys! It's awesome to see all of you :goodvibes :grouphug:

What beautiful brides! I'm in, I love a disneymoon and our dates overlapped a tad at the end! Can't wait to hear about the wedding

Friday October 26, 2012. 1 Day Till the Wedding.

I woke up, turned over, and opened my eyes. The sun was shining, but unfortunately, I was not. This was the fifth morning I had woken up feeling no more rested than I did when I went to bed the previous night. My head was still congested, and I still had a cough. I did not feel well at all. Of course, it would figure that I would get sick on Monday. Now was not the time to be sick though, there was so much to do! At least I had the day off!

We were also keeping an eye on a big storm that was headed our way. Hurricane Sandy was predicted to be around New York on Monday, roughly the same time that we were supposed to fly out for our honeymoon and make our connecting flight in New York's La Guardia airport. It was just a little added undue stress that I wanted to try and alleviate if at all possible. Since my brother booked our flights for us, I called him to see if he knew what their policies were regarding changing flights. He totally understood where I was coming from, but unfortunately, wasn't much help. So what did I do next? :confused3

Yep, that's right, I Googled it. :rotfl: I ended up on the Delta website, where I started playing around with stuff and looking at the site map. Just for the heck of it, I put in the booking number to see what options were available to me, and "change flight" was one of them. So, going forward as if this was what I was about to do, I found a flight that would have been great and clicked on it. :scared1: That's the face I made when the page loaded. Total price for the trip: $1400. :eek: :eek: Uh, NO!

So, satisfied that things were out of my hands, I went on with my day.

The hall had to be decorated, we needed to get some songs for the dance at the wedding, and we also had pack and make sure our house sitters knew what theyre doing before we left on Monday. Shouldnt be too bad, right? popcorn::

So my big adventure for the day was to get to my mani/pedi appointment. I don't have a drivers licence and rely on the bus to get around, so while it might not sound like much, the total travel time was 2 hours, on top of how long the appointment was and any other errands I had to run. It was the first time I'd ever had a manicure, but I'd had a pedicure before on a cruise ship. While it was nice, it would take another pretty special occasion for me to get one of those again. Not that it was a bad experience, I just found it annoying to have to wait for the polish to dry :laughing:

On my way home, I made a quick stop at a walk-in clinic to get myself checked out. I figured that if I'm going out of the country for 2 weeks I want to be sure that I don't need medication. The doctor at the clinic saw some redness and fluid in my ears, and gave me some antibiotics to take just to be sure it wasnt anything too bad. It's something he wouldnt have normally done but since I was flying and would be out of the country for 2 weeks he made an exception. Once I got home, I got out the luggage and started packing. :cool1:

Having travelled quite a bit before, it wasn't long before I was pretty much ready to go, with the exception of a few things here and there. That out of the way, I ended up getting songs for the dance for the rest of the day until we had to leave to set up the hall.

It was about 9 pm by the time we got over to the hall, after making a quick stop at my work to get my prescription filled. My co-workers were surprised to see me, but they all wished me well and even surprised me with a very nice card! :goodvibes After some hugs and thank-yous, we were on our way.

When we got to the hall it was plain to see we had our work cut out for us. I was actually a bit worried about how things would turn out, but by the time we left the place had been completely transformed. Heather and I were there along with her dad, step-mother and mother, and my brother and his partner. It looked very festive, with touches of autumn all over. Satisfied, we headed home and climbed into bed, feeling accomplished, excited, and just a touch nervous.

Up next: Saturday October 27, 2012. The Wedding.

I understand wanting to get well before flying.
My niece was starting to pull at her ears when we arrived in Cape Canaveral. My sister was so worried she would have an ear infection on the ship. Luckily our cousing is a pediatrician and she was out at the pharmacy getting something for her son and she wrote a prescription for my niece and picked it right up for us.

I don't blame you for getting checked out before your trip. Being sick on vacation is the worst!

I don't like to paint my nails/toes either. Same probably as you. I mess up the polish before it's had a chance to dry. Have you ever tried the Sally Hansen strips? They go on like stickers and look really cute. No waiting for the polish to dry!

Ok so... this should go without saying but I'll say it anyway. I want to see lots and lots of wedding pictures. I'm in this TR for more than just the Disney portion! :thumbsup2 I do love me a good love-story-happy-ending-pretty-dress-picture-overload.
I don't blame you for getting a check up before you left, it could really suck if it was something worse than you thought and got really bad when you got to Fl!

Well hey there! You both looked beautiful on your wedding day! I need to start my report soon...I'm still feeling the post-Disney blahs and am busy with Christmas ...but soon hopefully! Looking forward to the rest of your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter