HAPPY to do a review of Jikos - 3/22/08

I must report though that the K-Man AGAIN skipped the greens due to his inability to find strech pants for his fat belly....errrr...:eek: :eek:

correction he skipped the greens in order to manage calories and space for dessert.:thumbsup2

Speaking of Miner Persuasion, note there are no table clothes tonight!
:rotfl: :rotfl:
After the thrills and spills at the Yachtsman, word got out and they skipped the fine linens.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

:laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

[/CENTER]

Ahem ... listen you little BLUE PUDGE PUFF.... there's another trip coming up soon and I hear the airlines are charging EXTRA for BAGGAGE over 50 pounds!

Ostrich? Did someone say Ostrich?

Moving right along we continued on our gluttonous trek with the

Pokanoket Farm Ostrich Schnitzel
jiko-032208-004.JPG

Crisp Ostrich Filet, Marinated Slaw and Lemon Caper Aioli

The Ostrich was prefecto! Crispy...not the least bit gamey....and the caper aioli was a great compliment to the Filet.

The Marinated Slaw? PUCKER UP BABY.....quite tangy!

Nassier brought over a very crisp nice Reisling, Klein Constantia 2005 :drinking1 :drinking1

Is this an appetizer or an entree? I can't keep up with the menu changes at Jiko! It looks divine!

Ostrich … ok Happy … are you going to fess up about the Ostrich Feathers, or am I going to have to DRAG it OUT of you?

Ostrich … ok Happy … are you going to fess up about the Ostrich Feathers, or am I going to have to DRAG it OUT of you?

OK … K-Man … I’ll tell it so that it comes OUT right! You see we were sitting there watching the Magic of Nassier’s Food and Wine serving when he brought out the Ostrich! “OSTRICH”, I burst. “OMG … Ostrich is Our Lady of the Manor’s FAVORITE” … “favorite feather … Boa”. So I couldn’t help myself but ask what they did with the feathers after they plucked the long necked bird.

Nassier, the total professional that he is, simply smiled and explained to us all that the bird came pre-plucked.

And here I was thinking I’d be able to grab a bag of the feathers and have Snow White sew up a 10 ft blue boa for OLM!

OK ... how many more courses do are there before DESSERT ... it's coming up on that HOUR here at the Manor ... and I'm hearing OLM clinking her glass already.

It seems she's polished off the Sutter 2004 Chardonnay :-)eek: yes, the cheap stuff :eek: ) and someone had best get to the Whine Cellar before OLM bites her 22oz Crate & Barrel Tumbler ... AGAIN!

I am guessing this is a celebrity review???:rotfl:

Yes Madam, this is a celebrity review.....my contract allows for a summer haitus of up to 30 days. This being the 31st day, I am back with keyboard at hand and it is time to wake the boys up and finish this review.

I've spent the last 30 days tooling around with my friend Guy Fieri, you may recognize him....as we were doing a new little show for the FOOD TV Network....
Trolling for Canapes, Tapas, and Petit Fours

guy1.jpg

Yes Madam, this is a celebrity review.....my contract allows for a summer haitus of up to 30 days. This being the 31st day, I am back with keyboard at hand and it is time to wake the boys up and finish this review.

I've spent the last 30 days tooling around with my friend Guy Fieri, you may recognize him....as we were doing a new little show for the FOOD TV Network....
Trolling for Canapes, Tapas, and Petit Fours

guy1.jpg

Yo ... Little One ... checking the calendar, wasn't Guy on haitus at the same time? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Guy, a word to the wise, our Little Friend likes to ply people with alcohol and take advantage of situations. No ... not like that ... I'm just warning you that he has this burning desire to have his own show and will do whatever he as to to get on FOOD TV. :happytv: :happytv:

Moving on to our Fish Course, we partook of

Maize-crusted and Seared Halibut
jiko-032208-024.jpg

with vegetables of the moment, Tomatoe butter sauce and Crispy Sweet Potatoes

Light, flakey (a bit like the K-Man :lmao: ) and perfectly seasoned. The sweet potatoe crisps were outrageous....give me a PLATE FULL!

One could not ask for more.....except that Nassier brought a perfect wine for this course...

A glass of Rustenberg Five Soldiers, Stellenbosch 2005
Rustenberg5sold.gif

Moving on.....our final protien of this delightful meal was

Kenyan Coffee BBQ-Braised Beef Sort Rib
jiko-032208-025.jpg

with Crushed Idaho and Sweet Potatoes, Onion Garlic Sauce

delectible....tender....spicey (a little like Mister Disney :lmao: ) and DINASAUR sized portion!

Nassier, being ever attentful brought a glass of Kanonkop Stellenbosch 2005, a perfect compliment to the beef....this was a large, robust and flavorful wine....

[SIZE="5

Light, flakey (a bit like the K-Man :lmao: ) and perfectly seasoned. The sweet potatoe crisps were outrageous....give me a PLATE FULL!

One could not ask for more.....except that Nassier brought a perfect wine for this course...

[COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OH HAPPY ... you say the nicest things ... "perfectly seasoned" ... that's the kind way of segwaying into my 50th Birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter