• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Or Unhappy That You Joined Dvc?

Are you happy or unhappy that you joined the Disney Vacation Club?

• I am happy that I joined DVC.

• I am unhappy that I joined DVC.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am happy. As to why people sell, I am sure some people are not happy or just wind up not using it enough to justify. I think if you don't buy DVC with the intention of staying AT Disney it is not as good a deal. I do know the resale I purchased was triggered by a death of one of the owners.

I too voted happy. :D

I'm curious though, two people so far voted unhappy. Generally people on this board seem to be happy with thier purchase. If I were unhappy with my purchase I don't think I would be on one of these boards.

To that end, to those who voted unhappy, if you don't mind, I'd like to know what about your purchase you are unhappy with?:confused:

Thanks JP :) I knew it would be awesome, but just the thought of bringing my mom, and dad with us to share in the most awesome experience any vacation can offer. My mom has never been there, my dad came as shaparone back in 75 with my high school band. We are just so excited, I love wathcing the countdown clock in my sig. Seems like a long time, but it's easy to see time winding down.

I am so happy I found these boards, as they add to my excitement.

Happy Happy Happy !!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with all 4 reasons that TNRobin said in the 3rd post. The privacy issue is not as big a concern but Im sure my DW and DD really will appreciate it when we try a 2 bed for the first time.

Only regret, same ol story, I wish I would have bought sooner.

Happy Beyond Words:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Glad we bought in 1991. I can not imagine what we would have paid out for our vacations which include about 10-14 days a year at WDW since 1992. 7 DCL trips, DLP, Disneyland, Hawaii, and the Safari in Tanzania. Before the nephews were in school we would take them to WDW for a Christmas present.

I just did the numbers on our Dec trip and the room would cost about $5755. I am happy again.

VERY happy! We purchased in 1997, and it still seems so fresh and new to us. I know we wont tire of this soon!

We're happy. We're so happy that we just added 125 BWV pts to make 350 there and would like to add to the 225 BCV pts before they sell out.

Definitely STILL happy!!! I can't imagine ever not being thrilled with the accomodations unless they don't keep them up to par.

The only thing I wish is they still offered the FREE passes to the parks! :( I'm still amazed that we had those for 5 years! What a great savings there!

Originally posted by DVCGirl49
...I'm curious though, two people so far voted unhappy....

To that end, to those who voted unhappy, if you don't mind, I'd like to know what about your purchase you are unhappy with?:confused:

Agreed. Why unhappy?

I could write several pages about why I am happy with DVC, but I won't. I will sum it up by saying that I'm happy with all aspects of DVC, and liking it more every day!....:cool:

We bought our DVC points in 1997 and have added on 3 times. We love to vacation at WDW and we're taking our first Disney Cruise this summer. We could never afford to vacation like this without DVC. It's one of the best investments we have every made! :D :D :D :D

We originally bought 150 pts at BWV and have added on twice at HH, first 100 pt and just recently added 74 pts. We have only stayed at OKW and BWV, but this year in exactly 13 days we are doing our first cruise on pts (which I think will unleash a new monster in me, I am expecting to love the cruise.) We love the fact that we can bring family and friends to enjoy Disney with us.

Agree that this poll is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If someone didn't like DVC, they would just sell. And they probably wouldn't hang around this board!

Looking forward to our third DVC trip in 5 more weeks......home to VWL!! :)

Yes Im still hanging around this board. Im hoping as time goes by that my negative answer will change to positive. Hopefully we just had a rough 2yr start and this will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter