Happy Or Unhappy That You Joined Dvc?

Are you happy or unhappy that you joined the Disney Vacation Club?

• I am happy that I joined DVC.

• I am unhappy that I joined DVC.

Results are only viewable after voting.

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
So many people agonize over their purchase of DVC points. I thought it might be helpful to show the level of satisfaction of DVC members with this simple question, " Are you happy or unhappy that you joined the Disney Vacation Club?"

It also might be helpful to read replies that answer this question and explain why.

I joined DVC in March 2002 and I am glad I did. Just wish I had joined when I first looked at DVC in 1997. The facilities are great and the planning of "the next trip" is fun for the whole family.

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas

Next Trip Home: Old Key West (July 12-19 2003)

Why am I happy.

- Instead of staying in the All Stars/moderate resorts (which are nice but still hotel rooms) are not the same as staying in a 1BR unit with full kitchen and a jacuzzi.

- Privacy - Is is soooo nice to be able to change clothes somewhere other than the bathroom. (I am the only female in my family - event the cat is male)

- No maid service - When DS was a toddler it was impossible to schedule a nap and still have housekeeping clean the room. Seems like we always got back to the hotel room just as housekeeping wanted to clean.

- Not getting ready for breakfast. Before DVC it was get up, get shower, get everyone ready, then head out grab expensive breakfast and still make it to the park before opening. NOW - put bowls, milk and cereal box on table. Let everyone fix breakfast (CHEAP). Save 1/2 hour in get ready time.

That is my top 4 reasons.

Too many people answering this question in the negative, for many reasons, a couple of which are:

1) If you are unhappy, the points are too easy to sell, if you want to get out of it; and

2) If someone is not happy about their DVC purchase, they are not likely to be drawn to a message board filled with Disneyholic DVC MANIACS! ;)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

By the Way - as you may have guessed, we are VERY happy about our purchase, and our add on, and....look forward to future add-ons with a smile on my face.... :)

I agree, you won't get many unhappy responses from this board. Yet almost every day new resales are listed with people who are selling their interest. Maybe they aren't "unhappy" - I suspect many times circumstances have changed that make DVC a financial burden, or frequent Disney trips unworkable or undesirable.

Its something that people who come here looking for advice do need to realize though - we don't exactly present a balanced view, although we do definately try. We don't recommend DVC if you are planning on using it extensively for non-DVC stays, if you aren't going to Disney every year or every other year, are happy staying offsite, or if it will strain you financially.

Yes, we're happy. In fact, two add-ons later, we're ecstatic! I can't imagine going to WDW any other way.
There are too many reasons to mention, but they are the obvious ones.
We haven't regretted this for a second.

I voted happy. Still making payments, but happy.

The only thing I am unhappy about is that I can't buy more points yet.

Of course we are Disneyphiles. Of course people who are on these boards are generally positive about the DVC, but I think this poll would be somewhat different for any other timeshare.

Never in a zillion years did I ever think I could afford DVC or even go on a cruise. Now a few years later, we are going on our second 7 day cruise, have stayed at all the DVC properties and enjoying life to the fullest!

If I could do it over again? Yes! You truly make your own vacation. You arrive to a "welcome home", have luxurious villas and forget all your troubles. You don't ever have to worry about if your accommodations will be nice because they always are.

Yes I pay my loan and maintenance fees every month with a smile because I am truly blessed!

We have owned since 93 and I loved having a one bedroom when the kids were real little, great place form them to nap during the day and ...even better...MOm and Dad got some alone time too vs being in a hotel room with everyone all together. Now the kids are bigger and everyone has some privacy.

Plus the kitchen and W/D... Breakfast, ice cold water bottle, and sandwiches to take with us...
One of our favorite things to do, depending on the location of the room is to sit on the balcony and watch the fire works... kids in their PJ's, Mom and Dad with a beverage...
We could never afford to vacation this nice...
HappyHappy Happy

We're very happy with the purchase. We did an add-on in January. This sure beats staying at the All-Star.

I voted for happy because there wasn't an opiton that said "downright thrilled!":p
We joined last May for our anniversary & the only regret we have is that we didn't do it sooner!

We joined in 1996 and have added points three times. Enough said!

JR

I joined DVC in 92 and have been two cruises using my points, spent time at both VB & OKW. I won't trade being a member for the world. JP

We had been wanting to purchase since 93, but just couldn't afford it. After spending $4500 last August to stay in the Polynesian we decided it was time. Not that the Poly was bad, you all know better, but why spend that kind of money we walked away with lots of great memories, but that was it. At least now we know the memories won't end there. They just keep coming and coming.

We had stayed quite a few times at Orange Lake Country Club right up the street, but off property of course. It's beautiful there, but you left Disney to go home. After staying for 3 nights in All Star, and then 3 nights in another condo right up the street, again very nice, but we found we would have prefered to stay in the small hotel ON the property than in the beautiful 2 bedroom villa off property. That's why I had made the decision to buy this time down. The only mistake I made was not buying before we went. Again we had such an awesome time at the Poly, my guess it was for the best. Next summer we will be going to BWV (I hope) for the first time, and can't wait.

Definately happy! We've been spoiled by the one bedrooms.

Only regret with DVC was that we didn't buy in sooner.

We just recently purchased and I'm happy! As for my husband, well, that's a whole other story that goes along the lines of this:
sad-smiley-043.gif

laughing-smiley-018.gif

As with many, my one regret is not buying when I firdt thought of it in 1993 or 1994, finally fixed that in 2003!

Bought in 1999 at OKW @$65 pt.........do the math.......now DVC is $84 pt and rising..............best purchase we ever made.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter