• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Mickey-versary for 15 yrs! An Oct. 2011 PTR NEW: 11/13 Pretend Disney? & TRlink

I can't wait to do the Mickey meet and greet too! His new location looks so beautiful!
If I had had a map like that the first time I went to the MNSSHP I might have actually enjoyed it, lol. I really didn't know what to do with myself. Meeting the villains would be awesome!

I am so behind on my Disney news that I didn't realize Mickey had a new Meet and Greet at the theater. How cute!

it's his new "home"...he has to work for his stay know in the MK being a Magcian apparently after they evicted him form his home ;)

I can't wait to do the Mickey meet and greet too! His new location looks so beautiful!
If I had had a map like that the first time I went to the MNSSHP I might have actually enjoyed it, lol. I really didn't know what to do with myself. Meeting the villains would be awesome!

I'm hoping to have a workable plan so we're not trying to figure it out in the moent being our first party...but don't want to be too rigid w/ it...hoping for a great party night :goodvibes

Sept. 15th 31 days till Disney

Ride IASW

100_7375.jpg

Sing it w/ me now :music:… you may be thinking why go on this when you don’t have children w/ you? But not us…I love this ride; it’s actually one of my very favorites rides in all of WDW! There is just something about floating along in the boat, singing along and looking at all the little vignettes of the countries…brings me back to my first trip as a child. I remember holding back a tear when we rode this for the first time w/ the kids on their first trip in ‘05.

Sorry I haven't had time to comment on most of your recent updates, but I'm loving all of your to 40 countdown!! :thumbsup2 And I love IASW too!

Hi Julie- i've been MIA again, but back checking through all my subscribed PTRs today!

Yeah for being on the DIS meet list- can't wait to meet up with you and your DH!!!

I LOVE the bouquet, what a great idea to splatter with blood and use the ax. So creative. :thumbsup2

Loving all of your daily updates too. The drawing class is something i'd love to do, but not so sure how that would go with a 3yo in tow. My DH might really love trying it, since he used to love to draw. We might just have to attempt it and I can always let DH draw while I keep track of Will in the back or something? I loved the new Star Tours at DL- so can't wait to do it at WDW too!

lol at you already mapping out your character visits for the party. ;) I need to do that. I know we definitely want to visit the main mouse and princesses that night. We will skip the ever popular 7 dwarves line. But will try and catch anyone else that we can. I need to make a better plan for that night like you are doing. I did print out the maps! I saw the candy looks to be decent this year too- yeah!

...it's a small, small world...:grouphug: Now, I'd blame you for getting that entirely stuck in my head, but strangely, I woke up with it ALREADY stuck in my head! :rotfl:

Sept. 15th 31 days till Disney

Ride IASW
Sing it w/ me now :music:… you may be thinking why go on this when you don’t have children w/ you? But not us…I love this ride; it’s actually one of my very favorites rides in all of WDW! There is just something about floating along in the boat, singing along and looking at all the little vignettes of the countries…brings me back to my first trip as a child. I remember holding back a tear when we rode this for the first time w/ the kids on their first trip in ‘05.

The farthest thing from my mind! I ride it every time and have never gone with kids! It has a very special meaning to me and it really just is Disney World. Funny enough, I was just visiting my parents and my dad was whistling the tune, so I already had it in my head before reading this! :goodvibes

Exactly how many can sit in a row on Soarin'? There are 6 of us, and Matt and Julie make 8...How many of you are there? I think that woud be so much fun. We might even take up 2 rows! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

:rotfl: party of 12 please

I tried searching for the info but could only find people saying things like, "I think it's 8 in a row." or "Each row holds about 10." :rotfl: Still waiting in line together would be fun. Are you planning a ride as soon as the park opens?

I tried searching for the info but could only find people saying things like, "I think it's 8 in a row." or "Each row holds about 10." :rotfl: Still waiting in line together would be fun. Are you planning a ride as soon as the park opens?

I did some research and it appears that each theater holds 87 guests, and each theater has 3 rows of seats, so that would be 29 seats in each row! Seems like a lot, but then again 87 per "show" isn't really a lot!

Our plan is to meet for rope drop (or at the ride as a Plan B) and ride first thing! It would be great if your family could join us!!! :cool1:

Sorry I haven't had time to comment on most of your recent updates, but I'm loving all of your to 40 countdown!! :thumbsup2 And I love IASW too!

no worries I know how busy things can get :goodvibes

Hi Julie- i've been MIA again, but back checking through all my subscribed PTRs today!

Yeah for being on the DIS meet list- can't wait to meet up with you and your DH!!!

me too!

I LOVE the bouquet, what a great idea to splatter with blood and use the ax. So creative. :thumbsup2

I am happy w/ it...My Mom asked me today ..."you did use a fake ax?" :laughing:

Loving all of your daily updates too. The drawing class is something i'd love to do, but not so sure how that would go with a 3yo in tow. My DH might really love trying it, since he used to love to draw. We might just have to attempt it and I can always let DH draw while I keep track of Will in the back or something? I loved the new Star Tours at DL- so can't wait to do it at WDW too!

if the drawing isn't too full he can color on a sheet too! just sit toward back and near exit if you need to leave :thumbsup2

lol at you already mapping out your character visits for the party. ;) I need to do that. I know we definitely want to visit the main mouse and princesses that night. We will skip the ever popular 7 dwarves line. But will try and catch anyone else that we can. I need to make a better plan for that night like you are doing. I did print out the maps! I saw the candy looks to be decent this year too- yeah!

read that too about the candy...am looking forward to the characters

...it's a small, small world...:grouphug: Now, I'd blame you for getting that entirely stuck in my head, but strangely, I woke up with it ALREADY stuck in my head! :rotfl:

The farthest thing from my mind! I ride it every time and have never gone with kids! It has a very special meaning to me and it really just is Disney World. Funny enough, I was just visiting my parents and my dad was whistling the tune, so I already had it in my head before reading this! :goodvibes

:rotfl: how funny you both had this song already in heads that morning

I don't think you overplan. I swear. I don't think I plan enough.....:rolleyes1

that is currently the plan...i know you said you may make RD that morning...we'll have to chat and figure out a plan :thumbsup2

:lmao: Poor Mickey!

I love IASW, too. It was one of my mom's favorite rides, so when I was little we went on it every time we went to the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland. :goodvibes

thanks for sharing...it will be that more special when you go back :hug:

Sept. 16th 30 days till Disney

See African drummers at AK

africandrummers.jpg

I have only caught a glimpse of them or heard their music while passing by…this time I hope it will work, w/ a slower pace of touring AK we can watch them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s 30 days till DISNEY :woohoo:

Time for a PARTY!!!! YAY! :cool1: Lots going on today…

The Countdown is “officially” underway! I created a fun and simple (and reusable) 30 day countdown a week back using my Cricut, stickers and some cardstock/paper. I think it turned out pretty cute!

100_1085.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1061.jpg

100_1062.jpg

100_1063.jpg

I can’t wait to take the little Mickey hats off each day as we wind down these next 30 days…

Speaking of PARTIES…tonight is our first (of 4) fun Disney themed Family Countdown nights…even though the kids aren’t going they will have some fun w/ us. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post and pictures of what we did!

For a hint...Jackie would approve :rolleyes1

As well always on the 30 day mark I get out these:

100_1088.jpg

YAY! Time to pack…I love packing. We will probably be taking one more bag… I know crazy 3 bags-2 people-5 days…but w/ the costumes and a few other extra things plus knowing the amount of souvies we’ll be coming home w/ we need the space…

Stay tuned next week I will go over my packing list! How many ziplock bags will I use? ;)

LOVE your countdown! That reminds me, we have NO luggage, I threw out some old (like REALLY old, no roller kind) ones we had and now I need to get some before January!

Hooray for Thirty Days!! :banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2::dogdance:

I can certainly see needing more than one bag each... the wedding dress for your costume, alone, must take up an enormous amount of room!

Kathy

Phew, all caught up (again)....:rolleyes1

Loving the countdown. Dole Whip float - yumm! :thumbsup2

Another IASW lover here too! I would definitely ride it without kids.

The bouquet/ax are totally cool and amazingly creative. The fake blood just makes it!

Love the countdown calendar and even better that it's reusable.

Congrats on 30 days! Can't wait to read all about the party. :)

Woo hoo for 30 days!!! :dance3::yay::dance3::yay::dance3:

(Ok it must be 29 now... why am I always late these days??? :confused3)

I love the countdown - great that it's reuseable!! That will be handy when you get to pull it out again in December. :thumbsup2

And another woo hoo for luggage!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter