• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Limousine - anyone use them?

Griffith6

Mouseketeer
We just booked transfers from MCO to Port with them - limo for our family of 6. On arrival day we have them picking up at 9:15 for 10:15 arrival at the ship (excited and want to arrive early for first cruise!). On the way home, our flight is at 11:30am (later times were way late) so we have them arriving at 9am for 10am ETA at MCO airport. We don't want to leave the ship too early and have tons of time at the airport. But curious if anyone has feedback on timeliness of limo company and/or other feedback. I don't want to use them if they are notoriously late! Hoping to get good feedback! Thanks

In fact, we have them booked for our trip in November. We have used them several times. One time, several years ago, they were late picking us up at the airport; but, they have been right on time all of the other times.
Barbara

I have the Hummerzine booked for our trip in January, but we have never used them previously. Would like to hear others opinions of them as well!

We used them all the time when we came to FL from Chicago, and we still use them for our longer cruises. We've always had great service. :thumbsup2

We hired the 14-person Sprinter van in March 2009 to get us between Orlando and the port - the service was excellent!

We used them in March of this year and plan to use them again for our November cruise. Very friendly. We had scheduled a "grocery" stop on the way to the ship at a liquor store which was not open yet. Our driver called the owner of the store to find out where he was. The owner arrived seconds later and opened the store. I'm sure they have a deal regarding which store they stop at but we were very pleased with our especially helpful driver. :thumbsup2

We went on our first cruise in July 09 and stayed at POFQ the day before. It was cheaper to use Happy Limo to go to Port Canaveral. We had reserved a sedan and got an unexpected surprise when the driver pulled up in a shiny black stretch limo. My kids were thrilled. They were on time and professional.
I'm excited for you to go on your cruise.:wizard:

We love Happy Limo--and even have a favorite driver, Robert! We have used them at least 3 times (round trips) and have them booked again for our Christmas trip. We always fly into Sanford Airport and have been very happy with the service to and from WDW. I also have a friend that has used them and was also happy. She was lucky enough to get a special upgrade to a stretch limo too! Guess their name fits! :)

I had booked Happy Limo back in 2007 when we went from MCO to port and back. MouseSavers liked them, but our Travel Agent did not. Our TA used them and ran into issues and changed to a new company. I risked it anyway. They were perfect. They picked us up on time from both the airport to the port and back. We are trying to book another cruise and plan to use Happy Limo again. :thumbsup2

We have used Happy a few times and they were terrific.

Our daughter was arriving at MCO late one night for our most recent vacation and they were right there to greet her and take her to our hotel. We also had them pick up our party of 12 in one of their 14 person vans for our trip to the port in February. We arranged for a short stop at the liquor store near the port and picked up wine and beer at no additional charge. We have them reserved for our December cruise as well.

My family (DH and 2 DS -14 & 12) and I just did the 4-day Wonder on 8/30 and I have to say I was VERY dissapointed with Happy Limo and would never use them again. I booked the limo about 6 months in advance as a birthday surprise for one of our sons - I clearly specified when I booked that the limo was a surprise and they were to be at the port to pick us up at 9:30 AM. I also asked them to have a placard/sign with our family name, so the boys would know that the limo was how we were getting back to Disney after our cruise.

We arrived at the taxi/limo/rental car transport area about 9:20 AM and there was no limo. We told our kids that we were going to get a rental car so they were not too suspicious at this point and I gave the limo company the benefit of the doubt, since we did book a 9:30 pick-up. Well, 9:30 came and went...now our boys were starting to wonder why we weren't getting on the rental car bus. I called Happy Limo and the woman who answered said "He's on his way." I explained that this was to be a surprise and I had clearly indicated that the limo was to be there at 9:30, but the woman I was speaking with clearly didn't care.

On to the limo -- it finally arrived at 9:45 and I saw it entering the loop for pick-ups. I was waiting for the driver to get out with our names on a sign (as you frequently see in airports, etc.) so the boys would see. The driver just sat there in the limo. I finally walked up to him and asked if he was there for our family to which he said "yes." No getting out with a sign and the surprise was ruined.

We had rented a Lincoln Navigator stretch ($305 one way from Port to Beach Club) and the limo was quite a dissapointment. The driver was not dressed professionally and the limo was in poor condition. The stereo did not work, there were lots of scuff/dirt marks on the interior walls and ceiling and one section of the door panel was coming apart and you could see the nails. At no point did the driver apologize for being late - even when I reminded him that this was supposed to be a surprise. They did absolutely nothing for our son's birthday (all I was looking for was a "happy birthday" comment or maybe a sign - nothing major).

When I booked the limo, I indicated that we wanted to make one stop along the way. There was a section for this on the online order form and Happy Limo states online that one stop is allowed free of charge. When we asked to stop at a drive-through restaurant, the driver said he could not do that because he had another pick-up scheduled and he was running late (apparently he was more concerned about being on time for the next pick-up).

Sorry for the long rant - I just wanted to give my impression, since many people have reported being satisfied with Happy Limo. I am not a person who is easy disassatisfied or who only finds the negative in things, but this limo rental was a total WASTE. I would never use this company again. I hope you have a better experience than we did.

We just booked transfers from MCO to Port with them - limo for our family of 6. On arrival day we have them picking up at 9:15 for 10:15 arrival at the ship (excited and want to arrive early for first cruise!). On the way home, our flight is at 11:30am (later times were way late) so we have them arriving at 9am for 10am ETA at MCO airport. We don't want to leave the ship too early and have tons of time at the airport. But curious if anyone has feedback on timeliness of limo company and/or other feedback. I don't want to use them if they are notoriously late! Hoping to get good feedback! Thanks

Personally I feel your pick up time from the port to MCO is cutting it close. I'd much rather sit in the airport waiting for my flight than worry about the driver being late (see previous poster), a back up on the road or anything else that can go wrong on the drive. Not sure how easy it would be for the airline to rebook your family on a later flight if you miss your original flight.

I just wanted to give my 2 cents on Happy Limo. We were very, very disappointed and will never waste our money again! We went on a Disney cruise this past August and thought we'd spoil ourselves with a limo to take us back to the Disney resort. We had a pick-up time for 9:20. They showed up almost 25 minutes later. The limo driver was very unprofessional in his appearance and attitude toward us. We should have been the ones with the attitude since we waited so long for him. Anyways, the inside of the limo was not in good shape (dirty, smudges, rips,). There was a tv, but no movies to play in it. Also, the only drinks that were provided was cherry coke and diet coke. I thought that they might have had juice or at least sprite and classic coke. At least they could have provided some kind of drink without caffeine! Needless to say, we didn't drink anything. Also, there were no snacks either.

I booked Happy Limo due to the great recommendations on this board, but we did not have a good experience at all.

I just wanted to give an update.. with the comments on this board, I decided to check out Happy Limo again. I was not impressed with the person who answered the phone; he did not sound professional at all. When I last used Happy Limo, the price I was quoted (and paid) included gratuity. Now, the guy says it does not. I have found other Limo companies that include gratutiy and are near the same price as Happy Limo minus gratuity. I have decided to go with someone else -- via my travel agent.

We love Happy Limo--and even have a favorite driver, Robert! We have used them at least 3 times (round trips) and have them booked again for our Christmas trip. We always fly into Sanford Airport and have been very happy with the service to and from WDW. I also have a friend that has used them and was also happy. She was lucky enough to get a special upgrade to a stretch limo too! Guess their name fits! :)

Oh we had Robert last summer on one of our pickups! He was great! We used them from MCO to WDW and then from WDW to the port! We just reserved a town car for each leg but ended up in some big SUV (an Escalade maybe) on the port trip which was a fun surprise. They were excellent!! Very prompt! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 WE would use them again.

Just an FYI that Orlando airport wants you there a minimum of two hours before your flight, and my experience has been that generally that's how long you need. Especially on a weekend travel day, the airport is pretty packed. If the limo runs even fifteen minutes late, or hits traffic on the way to the airport, you're likely to miss your flight. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

We used Happy Limo on 09/12/09 to get us from Animal Kingdom to the port. They arrived early and everything was clean and in working order. We again used them on 09/19/09 to get from the ship back to Bay Lake Tower with a stop at the airport and the free grocery stop-we had a 8:30am pick up, the driveer called at 8:15am to let us know he would be early. We he arrived we were upgraded to a LIMO and once again it was spotless and in great working order.

I would have no issues with using them again!

Kudos to Happy Limo!

Dan

Wow - all of the negative reports really surprise me. We've used, and loved, Happy Limo for almost 7 years.

We, too, have a favorite driver - George. We've always had excellent service, pristine vehicles, snacks, movies, and no delays.

Sorry to hear that others have not had the same.

with happy limo...used many, many times,..

only one time was there an issue...my cell phone was entered incorrectly...all turned out okay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter