• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Limo

kokomom

Earning My Ears
We just returned and used Happy Limo to transport us to/from the airport to the Polynesian. They were wonderful---on time and courteous. I would highly recommend them. The cars were clean and drivers were nice (we had 2 different drivers).

kokomom - Thanks for posting your opinion of Happy Limo. I've been debating about whom to use for our transportation.... I have a strange question for you... Did you have young kids with you on your trip? My reason for asking is that I saw on their website that they will rent an umbrella stroller too (unlimited use). My dauughter is 4, and I'm thinking having a stroller available to us at WDW might not be a bad idea, and I don't think I want to bring one with me, and don't know that I want to rent one there either.... Anyway, was just wondering if you had any experience with the stroller thing through them!!

Thanks!

I have a 6 1/2 and 8 year old so we didn't need the strollers. If they do offer them it might be easier than dealing with renting at the park each day.

Have a nice trip!

They offer them and I am wondering if they are big enough to bear the weight and length of older children. Even though my daughter's petite and lightweight. She is 5 years old.

I've been trying to find out more about these strollers.

The personnel at Happy Limo mentioned that they get the Walmart type, whatever that means, that they tend to be mostly Graco or something else (I forgot). I'm not too sure what that all means.

I'm not too sure, but I wonder about their substantiality. We use a MacClaren at home which is indestructible and fairly comfortable for her, too.

Does anyone have any experience with Happy Limo's strollers.

KIS

I posted a response for you too in the Families section about the stroller thing. I don't know at all what an umbrella stroller from Walmart would look like, but I would think if it's a very basic one, that it might be too small for my 4 year old at 34 lbs. I'm very unsure about what to do with stollers etc. I really think it would be nice to have one "just in case". Have you looked at Murray Hill transporation's website? (www.transportation2disney.com) They seem (from their customer statements and advertisements) to be very customer friendly. You can get an umbrella stroller from them for $5 - and they show a picture and state a 40 lb. weight limit. PLUS, you can get a car seat /booster seat free from them. Happy Limo charges $5 per seat each way.....

Someone also gave a website to rent strollers (either here or in the Families section!) that are delivered to your hotel. I will check that out too! When will you be there???

Dear scoggs,

We are going in April. And you?

I will be able to approximate my daughter's weight better after her well visit this next month.

We have already committed to Happy Limo. I'd like to try them because the Mousesaver.com site spoke favorably about them during the summer when I had made most of these arrangements.

This service you found looks quite reasonable. I don't know much about how they compare.

I looked at one of the rental sites and as I recall it did not have a an umbrella stroller. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

It's a matter of personal choice with the stroller. You know your kid's or kids' patterns best, I'd say. I can let you in on our thinking. My daughter gets tired with the physical exertion, especially when the day is long. We have taken a stroller to Sesame Place and to the Zoo, for instance, and used it everytime. During such adventures, we want her to pace herself, but she doesn't always succeed. We are going to want her to conserve her energy at WDW. We will plan those naps and down times on the grounds, back at the resort, etc. Still, initially, she might not cooperate. She can get very cranky and unreasonable without a rest. She may run herself ragged at first. So, with the stroller, she can conk out.

We are staying at the Dolphin and will be able to walk back from some parks and plan to use the stroller for her if the walk gets too long.

I am considering bringing our own stroller or renting this sort of basic one and attaching our mesh bag for storage to it.

I hope sharing helps.

KIS

I have always used Happy Limo in hte past and love them! They are wonderful!

KIS -

Here I am double posting in 2 places again about this stroller thing. I totally agree with you about the pacing with my daughter too. We also are staying at the Dolphin, and I'm thinking with walks to Epcot etc. I am going to want something and I just don't think I want to take one with me on the plane!!! Just one less thing to worry about and cart around!

There are many transportation sites that do not offer strollers - you are correct! Happy and the other one I mentioned previously definitely do. These are the only two I've found. I trust mousesavers, and I've heard other comments about Happy Limo being good, so now I just have to make some phone calls and decide. I will try to post after our trip at Thanksgiving so others can know/learn about what worked etc for us!

Have fun planning!!

scoggs,

I look forward to hearing your report. Let me know before then which limo/stroller service you opt for. Then, of course, I'd be delighted to hear about the trip and about the actual stroller.

Thanksgiving must be such a lovely time to be in WDW>

KIS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter