• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Limo?

mlaniewski

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know anything about this company? We're thinking of not renting a car this time. Mears shuttle will cost us about $150/round trip. The limo would cost $170. I'm assuming the limo service has a driver waiting at baggage to pick you up, no waiting for the next shuttle, etc. My kids will be 7,6,5 and 1 at the time of the trip. The extra $20 seems well worth it. Any thoughts?

Michelle

We've used Tiffany Town Car and thought about using Happy Limo on a recent trip, but ultimately we had to decide not to use Happy Limo and stuck with Tiffany. WIth Tiffany, things have always been very smooth; if our connecting flight was delayed, for instance, we'd simply cell phone to Tiffany and there would be no problem and they'd be waiting and happy when we did show up. Happy Limo, on the other hand, has an amazing amount of "rules," and ultimately, that is why we decided not to use them. There were hidden charges and surcharges, plus lots of rules that could add on the amount. Rules that you will have to pay extra if your flight is delayed and you are late. Rules that you will have to pay extra if you have more than the allotted baggage. Rules that you will have to pay extra if your grocery stop is longer than the allotted 20 minutes. This is just from memory, there was more to it than that. It just seemed really complicated, compared to the ease that Tiffany always was, and that is what you want from a towncar really, just being easy and hassle free. I don't want to deal with a bunch of hassles and surcharges. TIffany has large vans as well as town cars that can handle large groups, and round trip is only $95, which is much more economical than mears or happy limo. Look here:

You should take a look at Happy limo and tiffany town car and read the fine print -
http://www.tiffanytowncar.com

I honestly think you'll end up being a lot happier if you choose tiffany than happy; we've always had really good experiences with tiffany.

DR

OH yeah there is a $5 coupon on the tiffany site so it would only be $90 for a van for your family.

I've used Happy Limo in 2000 and Your Ride in 2002. Both had very good service . . .I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

We just got back from our Disney cruise this past weekend and used Happy Limo (we use them quite a bit). As always, the service was great, even though we were running late getting off the ship due to heightened security. You aren't allowed to use your cell phone once you get off the ship, so I couldn't call to let them know, but they were waiting there when we FINALLY managed to get out of the terminal.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We have used Happy Limo several times. The only problem I have found was that you are automatically charged 20% gratuity on your credit card ahead of time. This is fine with us b/c we would normally tip that much but one time the driver actually asked for a tip. When my husband mentioned that he thought the tip was already included the driver said he was aware of that but thought he deserved more. I don't think I am being cheap thinking that 20% is enough since my husband helped load the bags into the car and we only had two bags. I did complain to Happy Limo and have not had that happen since. BTW we do tip more if we think the driver deserves it, this one did not.

Fl Tours is the official transportation company of the DIS, they help support these boards and keep all this great information flowing.

You can click on the link above to go to the Fl Tours website.

I have used Happy Limo in the past and will not use them again when we go back this year. We had two different drivers in two different cars. On the trip back to the airport we were in a towncar that looked to be on it's last legs. There were cracks in the seat, the windows were cracked somehow which made the trip very noisy and when we got to the airport he held out his hand for a tip. I suppose we COULD have given him a bit more (to replace the car maybe) but he was rude when I asked him to roll up the window that was cracked by saying "it's broken, you can just ignore it".

I have heard excellent things about happy limo and had decided to use them this trip. I was going to hire a limo from midnight limo, they only charge 150 round trip but I have not talked to anyone that has ever heard of them, much less used them and could offer their opinion. Alot of people recommend Happy Limo so I had decided to go with them but after what I am hearing here, now Im not sure.
Kim

Kim, if I were you, I would still give them a try. We visit Florida almost every other month and use them for all of our Disney cruises, and they have always been VERY reliable. We are Disney cruising again on March 13, and our return flight is at 11 a.m., so you can tell I really trust them to be on time! We've always been in really nice towncars, and a couple of times they have upgraded us to a limo (I have limo pics. on my website).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I think I will stick with them. I am also going to take advantage of the grocery stop, rent a fridge for our hotel and eat breakfast and lunch cheap at the hotel. Then I can afford to eat a good dinner in the resorts everynight. My parents are coming with me and my girls and this is my dads first trip to disney. I want him to have fun without having to worry about spending money on food. My kids are going to be so surprised when they find out I am getting us a limo. They have no idea.
Kim
:bounce:

I was on the edge of making a reservation with Happy Limo but decided against it after reading some comments. I'll look into others, including Yourride.net.
Thanks

We used Tiffany for the very first time 2 weeks ago.. it DEFINATELY won't be our last.. we had a great experience with them.. they really took good care of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter