Happy Limo or Southern Elegance

njsoccermom

Earning My Ears
Please help me decide between these 2. I think I used Happy a few years ago but I have been reading some not so good reviews of them on these boards. Southern seems to be getting good reviews. I checked prices and they are basically the same. Any help would be great.
Thank you.

We just came back from our very first cruise. We had happy Limo booked months ago and then I began reading these boards. I too was nervous. But they were terrific! They texted right before they arrived at MCO- early too! On the way back they called because they were running late. We had a 9:00 pick up and apparently a family using them earlier was late for them causing a 10 minute delay for us. We had the stretch limo booked but they showed up in a stretched hummer! They were great! Movies playing and drinks for us!

We have used Southern Elegance a few times - on WDW trips and WDW/DCL trips. We have always had an exceleent experience: always on time and in touch, friendly and courteous drivers (well-informed, too!), pristine vehicles, DVDs, water etc etc. Highly recommend them!

We just got back yesterday and used Happy Limo. We had a very good experience with them. Both drivers texted me the morning of the pick-up, and they were professional and helpful...hope that helps!

We just came back from our very first cruise. We had happy Limo booked months ago and then I began reading these boards. I too was nervous. But they were terrific! They texted right before they arrived at MCO- early too! On the way back they called because they were running late. We had a 9:00 pick up and apparently a family using them earlier was late for them causing a 10 minute delay for us. We had the stretch limo booked but they showed up in a stretched hummer!

A stretch Hummer is the way to go,we booked one for our wedding and what a difference from a regular limo its the way to go.:)

-JH

We've used Happy Limo 10+ times and never had a problem! I will continue using them in the future.

We have used Southern Elegance a few times - on WDW trips and WDW/DCL trips. We have always had an exceleent experience: always on time and in touch, friendly and courteous drivers (well-informed, too!), pristine vehicles, DVDs, water etc etc. Highly recommend them!

Same here. I'd hire Southern again in a heartbeat. They've always been so nice, and can't do more to help you. The limo's are spotless, too. Definitely a very professional operation!!

We have used HL probably around 7x and never had the slightest problem until our recent spring break cruise. Our driver drove like a lunatic speed demon. My friend & I were exchanging glances the whole trip. I don't mind passing a few cars but when we flew up behind a p/u truck and came within inches of his bumper while going over the bridge into PC, we screamed. The driver simply said, "I wasn't going to hit that car."
All of this even after we canceled our grocery stop at the time he picked us up so no reason to rush at all. I couldn't see him directly most of the ride but my friend said his hands were moving in super slow motion & appeared "itching & twitching". I don't know if he was on something or maybe some medical problem. Even after we arrived at PC and I noticed the new toll booth I could see the display said $5 but still our driver asked how much he owed. Really? Is this your 1st time? I would think all their drivers know by now. It was so creepy, I was never so eager to get out of a vehicle. I know he's not their only driver but still.
We'll use DCL transfers for Nov. :thumbsup2
I did write HL as soon as we got home.

We had a good experience with Happy Limo last June. They picked us (9 of us) up at Hyatt MCO on time and they were friendly. I would book them again.

We have used Happy Limo several times in the past with no problems but that all changed this last trip. From the resort to port there were no issues at all, we were actually assigned the same driver from a previous trip, without asking, and he remembered us. However from the port to airport was another story. The driver we were assigned to never contacted us that morning. The porter helping us with our luggage actually found another Happy Limo driver and had him place a call to find out info about our ride. The lady at Happy Limo was shocked that we had not been contacted and said she would get ahold of the driver to find out what was going on. Long story short, we are pretty sure that Happy Limo may have outsourced our trip to an independent driver just by looking back at our completed trips on their website and comparing how their drivers are listed and such. Who we ended up with knew nothing - he had no idea we were going back to the airport or anything. The car was not clean and we weren't too happy in the end. If this would have been our first experience with Happy Limo it def. would have been the last.

Thanks so much for all the comments. We have never done this before but thinking about it for our November 2013 cruise. I know it is along way off, but I was wonder the cost of each company. We will have about 10 people attending our 5 Year Anniversary Party at Disney and then we are all going on a 4 night cruise. I would love it if we could all head over to PC together.

Is it a per person charge - each way. We would be going from Disney to PC. Not sure about heading home - some might be going back to Disney and some might be going to the airport.

Thanks,
Linda

We have always used Tiffanytowncars.com and they have limos. We usually just get a towncar because it is just the 4 of us (2 kids). Great service and the price is equal to going on the Disney bus.

Thanks so much for all the comments. We have never done this before but thinking about it for our November 2013 cruise. I know it is along way off, but I was wonder the cost of each company. We will have about 10 people attending our 5 Year Anniversary Party at Disney and then we are all going on a 4 night cruise. I would love it if we could all head over to PC together.

Is it a per person charge - each way. We would be going from Disney to PC. Not sure about heading home - some might be going back to Disney and some might be going to the airport.

Thanks,
Linda

If you use the DCL bus transfers it's $35 pp each way. If you hire a private car/limo service, the price is based on vehicle size. Be sure to get a quote that includes any/all fees and taxes. Also a gratuity is expected, 20% is customary. Find out if they automatically add it to your total vs. tip driver directly so that you don't accidentally pay twice for tips.

I like DCL bus transfers mostly for returning to MCO post cruise. Then we qualify for Onboard Check In which is a very convenient service. Boarding passes & luggage tags are delivered to our cabin the last day of the cruise. Once we put our bags outside our door the last night, we don't see/touch them til we arrive at our home airport. In the a.m. just hop on the bus and hop off with boarding passes in hand, no need to wait in line to check bags.

I was planning on taking Disney transportation but have been reading lately that you get to the ship late and a lot of people miss lunch on the ship. We have lots of time to decide.

Linda

I was planning on taking Disney transportation but have been reading lately that you get to the ship late and a lot of people miss lunch on the ship. We have lots of time to decide.

Linda

DCL buses start picking up at resorts after they've completed most airport transfers. This is why resort guests arrive later. If staying at WDW precruise, we only get DCL transfers one way for PC-MCO post cruise. We have always used HL from MCO/Hyatt to PC. (Once or twice we rented a car for quickie cruises with very little luggage.)

We will be paying $260 with 20% gradtuity for a towncar for 4 to the port from a Disney hotel or wherever we want to be picked up (and then from the port to MCO after the cruise) . We get dropped off to the port when we want to and picked up in the early hours from the port and then to the airport.

If the Disney bus is $35 per person for 4 that would equal $140 to the port and $140 from the port. ($280 in total) Don't they tip the drivers?

Doing the math -we pay $312 to have customized service, a stop at a grocery store on the way, and then we are picked up the minute we get through customs with no waiting and back to MCO.

So this is way better (to us) then waiting for a bus.

Difference in cost = $32.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this. Sorry if I am not. Mousesavers website has a code for happy limo. We paid $338 total round trip. Stretch limo on the way and stretch hummer( pixie dust) on the way back. Included 'grocery' store stop!

We also used Happy Limo and were very happy with the service. I would definitely use them again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter