Happy Limo is unreliable for Port-MCO Transfers

Whirl said:
Thanks, that was helpful!!!....as I wondered if we would have to lug our bags a long way once we arrived at the cruise port, but you confirmed with the "curbside baggage" availability that it would not be a problem.

we are thinking alike, because at this point, I have booked the exact same itinerary...treating everyone to a stretch and coming in the night before and booked to leave the hotel at 9:30!

thanks....But, sounds like you did Disney transpo back, so I would be curious if those that take private transpo back have any thought to add!

Sorry if I confused you...no, we did the limo both ways. Even if you have your own transportation, Disney picks them up and sends them to a room where you pick them up right before going through customs. I requested a pickup time of 9:30 because we were heading to MK and I was so afraid of long lines at customs that we skipped breakfast and bolted off the ship. We flew through customs (although I KNOW it backs up horribly sometimes) and ended up waiting around for about 45 minutes outside the port. It really was fantastic doing it this way, just set your pickup time according to whatever you're doing after. We have late breakfast on this trip, so I'm asking for 10am so that we're not late for the limo. They do charge extra for being late.

mom2jcg said:
Sorry if I confused you...no, we did the limo both ways. I requested a pickup time of 9:30 because we were heading to MK and I was so afraid of long lines at customs that we skipped breakfast and bolted off the ship. We flew through customs (although I KNOW it backs up horribly sometimes) and ended up waiting around for about 45 minutes outside the port. It really was fantastic doing it this way, just set your pickup time according to whatever you're doing after. We have late breakfast on this trip, so I'm asking for 10am so that we're not late for the limo. They do charge extra for being late.

oh! great. thanks again! there were some really insightful little tidbits in there that I didn't key into previously, like the customs getting backed up potentially and the benefits of just getting off the boat early....We do have PLENTY of time since our outbound flight is not until 2:30...

I also didnt know there was an early or lat breakfast shift...or is that for just some cruises?.... we are on a 3 night Dream in bahamas...so its a quick one and therfore convenience and efficiency are a priority.

Whirl said:
oh! great. thanks again! there were some really insightful little tidbits in there that I didn't key into previously, like the customs getting backed up potentially and the benefits of just getting off the boat early....We do have PLENTY of time since our outbound flight is not until 2:30...

I also didnt know there was an early or lat breakfast shift...or is that for just some cruises?.... we are on a 3 night Dream in bahamas...so its a quick one and therfore convenience and efficiency are a priority.

If you have the early dinner seating, you have early breakfast, late dinner, late breakfast. This refers to sit down breakfast...if you want off quickly, you can grab and go at Cabanas. Like you, our flight is at 2:45, so we're in no hurry and want to enjoy. You will be asked to leave the ship at 9:00 so they can prepare for the next cruise.
Glad this is helping:)

mom2jcg said:
If you have the early dinner seating, you have early breakfast, late dinner, late breakfast. This refers to sit down breakfast...if you want off quickly, you can grab and go at Cabanas. Like you, our flight is at 2:45, so we're in no hurry and want to enjoy. You will be asked to leave the ship at 9:00 so they can prepare for the next cruise.
Glad this is helping:)

definitely helping!
thanks again....great little nuggets of info. I have been trying to put the pieces together in my head for a while and its been difficult to fill in the details even after reading the boards over and over.

Hi Everyone –

I just wanted to share an experience for anyone researching private transfers from Orlando Airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral.

The following Saturday, Happy Limo knew we were scheduled for late breakfast (8am) and suggested a 9:30am pickup for our return transfer. Fine. We ate breakfast as scheduled and got in line to get off the ship just before 9am and were met by a huge backlog line up to get off the ship. This being our first cruise, we didn’t think this was unusual, and expected to be through the line quickly, given the suggestion from Happy Limo. We reached the luggage/customs area around 9:25 and didn’t get cleared to leave until just after 10am. We went to our appointed meeting place and I called Happy Limo to pick us up.

The dispatcher who answered the phone was not very friendly. When he retrieved our reservation he asked me if I “realise I had a 9:30am pick up time.” I told him yes, but we had been delayed in customs. He then put me on hold for what seemed like a long time. When he came back he told me that the car had left and that another one could pick us up in 45 mins. I politely told him that didn’t work for me, and that I needed to get to the airport asap for our 1pm flight. Again, I was put on hold for a while and was then told that I had the option to take a refund rather than wait the 45 mins. I asked him to process the refund, and he said he couldn’t until Monday because the guy who does that doesn’t work weekends!?! I bet the guy who processes payments does…

Anyway – In the end it wasn’t a big deal – we caught a cab right away that had us to the airport on time (for $110 + tip), but I was uncomfortable the whole ride because the kids didn’t have carseats. I was just floored by how unreliable Happy Limo was, and how inflexible/unhelpful they were in our situation. If you are looking for a reliable Port Transfer company, I would look elsewhere.

If the limo left and went back to Orlando, it would take them 45 minutes to get back to you. I don't see that they really had another option to give you as they don't have limos just waiting in PC. You expected them, the limo company, to know that if you went to breakfast at 8 you wouldn't be off the boat until 10? They didn't know you were going to eat for 1 hour and then try to get off with the biggest group of departers.

Did you have your phone on? When we got off, both my daughter and I thought we didn't have service and it was just that we'd left our phones on airplane mode.

I think your only beef is with the rude customer service. Otherwise, Happy did what they promised. If you'd arranged any other transportation and were 30 minutes later than you'd arranged, that transportation would have left too. If they were 30 minutes late, you would have given up on them too. They probably had other bookings for that day and needed to get the limo back on schedule.

A driver can't wait indefinitely, especially without contact. The ship wasn't delayed..the customer was. The driver had no way of knowing, why the customer didn't arrive, within the allotted time frame. The procedure for port pick up is spelled out in the contract.

I think, OP's accusation is unfair. The company offered alternate transportation or a refund. The OP did not adhere to the contract, but was offered compensation, above and beyond, what was required.

Ive never used Happy Limo, and since I rent a vehicle for our cruises, I dont plan to so I have no bias here.

The company knows a person is coming off the cruise, they know there is absolutely no way for the customer to time thir departure to within a few minutes. If they didnt come out, the driver could have asked a DCL employee if there is any delay in the customs clearance.

There was no way for the customer to call Happy Limo, and no way to take a call from the driver.

Was the customer just giong to forget that they paid for a trip to the airport? No, so they were most liekly caught up in ther terminal trying to get out. Its not Happy Limos first trip to a port to get a passenger off a cruise ship. Delays in debarkation happen. Half an hour trying to get out of the terminal isnt a huge amount of time. If Happy Limo is scheduling to that tight of a timeframe, Id suggest not using them.

Here is why the customer was out of touch and could not contact them:

escalator.jpg

Whirl said:
This is a related, but slight side bar, but it seems I have the right audience for my question since those tuned in here are all experienced using a car service.. I asked on a another forum, but it seems folks there were Disney transpo advocates, so hard to get viewpoints from both sides...We just booked with Happy Limo for our party of 7 (including young children and grandparents) for an upcoming first cruise, so this headline got my attention ( oh no!)....

Anyway, I only booked them going TO the port and not the return ( which was actually an accident) but I am debating whether it is better to go ahead and take Disney transpo coming back to the airport or correct my reservation for the return.

For those who prefer the car service rather than the Disney transpo, what are your reasons and what are the pros and cons each way?

I like the idea of having your bags whisked away and not having to deal with them, BUT I want to make sure I get to the port early and I really dont like lines. WE have taken Disney transpo before to the hotels and it was fine, but you are definitely on their schedule....

For departure, I dont like the idea of having to be all packed up and ready by 9 pm the night before...seems like a pain to have to do that before dinner or a show and then have to still lug a rolling suitase for everyone's pajamas and any clothes worn after 9 pm and toiletries needed in the pm or am....which now have to be packed to TSA standards since the checked bags are gone.

Thanks for your help and experienced insights.

Happy Limo is overpriced call around and u will see what I mean. They overprice because they know they r one of the popular ones. I have always used them and actually never had a problem but on this next trip I am traveling with larger party so I was forced to call around and compare prices and services. I found a good car service excellent price and friendly... La dolce vita luxury limo

To answer your question car service is usually more cost effective and more personal then dcl transportation

Ive never used Happy Limo, and since I rent a vehicle for our cruises, I dont plan to so I have no bias here.

The company knows a person is coming off the cruise, they know there is absolutely no way for the customer to time thir departure to within a few minutes. If they didnt come out, the driver could have asked a DCL employee if there is any delay in the customs clearance.

There was no way for the customer to call Happy Limo, and no way to take a call from the driver.

Was the customer just giong to forget that they paid for a trip to the airport? No, so they were most liekly caught up in ther terminal trying to get out. Its not Happy Limos first trip to a port to get a passenger off a cruise ship. Delays in debarkation happen. Half an hour trying to get out of the terminal isnt a huge amount of time. If Happy Limo is scheduling to that tight of a timeframe, Id suggest not using them.

Here is why the customer was out of touch and could not contact them:

escalator.jpg

It's in the contract, regarding wait times. And, believe it or not, some folks pay for services they don't use..i.e. plane tickets, limo service, etc. It's sounds crazy, but it happens. No phones in customs, but you can call or shoot a text, before you reach that area. Again, Happy offered a reasonable remedy. OP didn't or couldn't wait 45 minutes and opted for a refund.

We have used Tiffany many times and they are just okay. I don't like the fact, they may hire out my fare. That did happen the last two trips and the vehicles were sub par. While Florida Tours is a few $$ less, we really need a stretch and they hire that service out. Happy does have their own limos and I have no problem with the contract. We have them scheduled for our next two cruises.

Happy Limo is overpriced call around and u will see what I mean. They overprice because they know they r one of the popular ones. I have always used them and actually never had a problem but on this next trip I am traveling with larger party so I was forced to call around and compare prices and services. I found a good car service excellent price and friendly... La dolce vita luxury limo

To answer your question car service is usually more cost effective and more personal then dcl transportation

agreed- i've used car services but never happy limo, and did so by calling or checking the websites of about a dozen car services to get rates....never had a problem....

LimoFam5 said:

Thanks. We are booked for a car round trip. I really just like to be on my own schedule. Your feedback was helpful. I do understand why so many folks like the dcl transpiration and we have used it from mco last time we stayed at Disney. It was easy, but I just was not a huge fan of the mass transit. I think a car will work better for us ( Well me...the kids don't care).

Zeppelin said:
agreed- i've used car services but never happy limo, and did so by calling or checking the websites of about a dozen car services to get rates....never had a problem....

Well we did reserve with them and I am not sure what the cancellation policy is. I guess if I can find some time, sounds like some research and calling would payoff. Thanks again.

My 2 cents- we used Happy Limo last year for round trip to Port Canaveral. The to port transfer was great. The driver showed up on time at Pop Century, was polite (and even cute! lol) and everything went smoothly. Happy Limo originally advised us to take a late pick-up time at the port. I believe they suggested 10 or 11am. However, while on the ship, it became obvious that we were going to be kicked off the boat much earlier (by 8 at the latest). So I went online and e-mailed them about 2 days before we disembarked asking to change our pick-up time to later. I also tried to call when we arrived in port. It made me mad that in two days they never even responded to my e-mail, not even to say it wasn't possible to change. They never returned my phone message. I would have understood it was not possible to change our time, but it really erked me that after they had our money, they didn't even respond to my request. It ended up working out, we just had to wait a good long time. I don't think I will be using them again because I think there are better prices out there and I didn't appreciate not getting an answer.

Please use full URL of any website you post.

http://www.ladolcevitaluxurylimo.com/

MJ

And yet you took a picture of the sign that says it is illegal to take a picture or use a phone.

Nancy

1.) It is not illegal. Is is a policy they set.

2.) Photographing in public places cannot be made illegal. TSA tried to stop people from photgraphing in checkpoints, and that failed.

3.) Their policy is set for you not to photograph IN THAT AREA, however if you would take a look, the photo was taken BEFORE THAT AREA.

1.) It is not illegal. Is is a policy they set.

2.) Photographing in public places cannot be made illegal. TSA tried to stop people from photgraphing in checkpoints, and that failed.

3.) Their policy is set for you not to photograph IN THAT AREA, however if you would take a look, the photo was taken BEFORE THAT AREA.

Perhaps it is not considered a public place. Photography in government areas is prohibited all the time. Federal Court houses, prisons, library areas. It is allowed in some other areas by permission, such as the floor of the senate or house, but only by those who have permission.

I do not want to get into an argument with a CBP or ICE agent, or even a TSA agent, over this. I've seen people's phones and cameras taken away. Maybe they got them back, but I don't want to be in that position.

Nancy

Perhaps it is not considered a public place. Photography in government areas is prohibited all the time. Federal Court houses, prisons, library areas. It is allowed in some other areas by permission, such as the floor of the senate or house, but only by those who have permission.

I do not want to get into an argument with a CBP or ICE agent, or even a TSA agent, over this. I've seen people's phones and cameras taken away. Maybe they got them back, but I don't want to be in that position.

Nancy

All I can think of is the "Godfather" movie when the son grabs the camera, opens the film and then slams it on the ground breaking it in a million pieces. Then another gives the camera owner a few bucks. Now THAT would be funny in one of those "restricted" areas to watch.....to happen to...not so much.:rotfl2:

The TSA tried to ban photos of the area when they started frisking down the passengers.

They put up signs, etc, and they removed them after they found ou that they could not prohibit photography there.

As for photography in govt places, generally there is no prohibition there. Inside classified areas, yes.

From the TSA:

We don’t prohibit public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping, or filming at screening locations. You can take pictures at our checkpoints as long as you’re not interfering with the screening process or slowing things down. We also ask that you do not film or take pictures of our monitors.

The CBP does not have anything listed stating it is prohibited.

Nancy

If an agent of the government seizes my property, I hope he has enough insurance to pay for the violation of civil rights suit coming his way.

They have to follow the rules imposed on them by the constitution as well.

If an agent of the government seizes my property, I hope he has enough insurance to pay for the violation of civil rights suit coming his way.

They have to follow the rules imposed on them by the constitution as well.

They have all the money in the world....YOURS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter