• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Hour

Just got off the Fantasy on Saturday, and they did have happy hour in the evenings, however, it was only at the same three bars. The Merdian, Ooh La La and O'Gills, and normally between 9-11pm. The drink of the day was listed on the app each day, but there were no 2 for 1 mimosas or bloody marys offered. We did find that the drink prices were very favorable compared to other cruise lines, so that was definitely a pleasant surprise.

In January, we had happy hour on the Magic at 5pm at Signals (adult area pool bar). It was 30% off the drinks on their menu and I'm pretty sure it applied to their beers on tap. I think it was every night.

Is there still a DVC gathering onboard? If so there are free drinks at that meeting.
As eva said they have not restarted. There also used to be free drinks at the DVC sales presentation, but on our last pre-covid cruise that had changed to a bottle of water.

In the past, the gold/platinum reception had free drinks. This has not restarted.

And, on longer cruises, the Captain's Gala night had an officer meet and greet and servers moved through the atrium with free drinks. This has not restarted.

Last edited:

Any recent experiences here with Happy Hour events, specifically on the Dream or on Castaway Cay? We have 10 adults doing a Disney Cruise (many first timers) so we are looking to maximize the adult experience for everybody. I'm hoping to hit a few happy hours that also might have some nice food options.

Since cruising restarted last Fall, I've seen Happy Hours listed on the app on the Dream, Magic, & Fantasy. I haven't been on the Wonder since restart, and there were no happy hours listed during our 4-night Wish cruise. The happy hours varied across the ship's bars & in length, from 1-2 hours. No idea of there are happy hours on CC, we are usually on the water.

Attachments

• 1664894057566.jpg
    1664894057566.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 41
The happy hours are in the app, like an activity. I wasn't able to get a happy hour discount on the drink of the day.

Yes I've seen them listed on some of the sites that show the daily activities scroll for the Dream. Just wondering how many people have attended any of them and their opinion of the experience (food options, drink prices).

We were on the Sept. 19th Dream 4-day. Happy hours were listed every day in the app. We went to the 6-7pm Pink HH a couple of times where all champagne cocktails were 8 bucks instead of $12.50. There was also another one at 9pm which we skipped since we had late dinner seating. The sports bar also had HH which we missed but when we were there later for 70's music trivia, the guy next to us ordered wings which he said were good.

On Castaway Cay day, they had Mimosas for 5 bucks in the morning. Also had a special on Bloody Marys and screwdrivers but don't remember price.

There was one other bar on board that had HH each day, maybe Currents. Didn't go there.

We were on the Sept. 19th Dream 4-day. Happy hours were listed every day in the app. We went to the 6-7pm Pink HH a couple of times where all champagne cocktails were 8 bucks instead of $12.50. There was also another one at 9pm which we skipped since we had late dinner seating. The sports bar also had HH which we missed but when we were there later for 70's music trivia, the guy next to us ordered wings which he said were good.

On Castaway Cay day, they had Mimosas for 5 bucks in the morning. Also had a special on Bloody Marys and screwdrivers but don't remember price.

There was one other bar on board that had HH each day, maybe Currents. Didn't go there.

Excellent...thank you for the information. I don't expect to hit all of them. I do think the food you order in the bars is extra...unless they have some kind of buffet available...but I have heard good things about the wings. May have to order them from room service for free then take them with us to wherever we choose to hang out.

We were on the Wonder at the end of July and there were happy hours every day listed in the app, usually rotating between a couple of bars each night. And every day between 4:30 and 5:30pm at Signals at the adult only pool area....don't ask me how I know that ;-)

My DD (mid-20's) always seemed to find happy hours. She also got straws that had the paper twisted into a heart (this was prior to COVID). I never seemed to hit any happy hours.

Pretty much every bar in the District and the pool bars have happy hour on the Dream and it tells you exactly what it is like half off beer/wine/select cocktails. Even includes the beer mug. $3.25 for beer mug of Jai Alai? Yes please.

It explicitly shows the times and bars and discounts in the app….if you miss it you must be missing a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter