Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package 2016 -- Reviews Needed Please

monique5

DVC - BLT & VGF
We are headed to MNSSHP in October. There are a few posts regarding the Dessert Party, mostly negative comments, which are okay, but only a few actual reviews. So the comments outweigh the reviews. But I need to verify some information from actual participants . It would be great if I could get answers to these questions. Reviews greatly appreciated too. TIA!

Is check-in @ Tomorrowland Terrance?

Are the tables assigned or first come, first-serve?

Is the flagpole a good parade viewing area (i.e. Headless Horseman, Zootopia Party Patrol) floats and characters turning in the circle? What time did you arrive before the parade started?

Descent fireworks viewing? Did you go straight to TT after the parade or make a detour?
The plaza garden viewing (the one on the terrace side) was this available for people who reserved the HHDPP?

Were there tables with not so good views? Were many people standing @ rails or were tables right @ the rails?

What were the party favors/goodies? Ghirardelli chocolates? No, candy mugs this year?

:maleficen

@Ruth B - I thought posting here on the correct forum would help, especially with all of the negative comments. I don't mind negative reviews, just don't comment -- don't go, it's a waste, if you haven't actually attended. :sad2:

And that thread kept getting moved back sooooo many pages. Lol! Glad there were some more reviews.

Can you also see Hocus Pocus Villan Show at 7:45pm from reserved area at Tomorrowland Terrace with the Happy Hallowishes Dessert Premium Package?

I was able to get a reservation for 4 today but we actually have 5 people? What are my chances of being able to add one more person when I check in?

Can you also see Hocus Pocus Villan Show at 7:45pm from reserved area at Tomorrowland Terrace with the Happy Hallowishes Dessert Premium Package?

I was able to get a reservation for 4 today but we actually have 5 people? What are my chances of being able to add one more person when I check in?

It's hard to see Caste Stage from TT, like looking @ ants (maybe not that small) so to speak, people very different from fireworks and Castle Projections which are enlarged. I was able to add a 4th person by calling on the phone even though online said no reservations available (or whatever the verbiage states). :thumbsup2 So anything is possible. :tink:

so overall are you glad you did the Happy hallowishes dessert party or no? I could card less about eating desserts but I do like the idea of not waiting a long time to get good spot for parade and fireworks, and for having a place to sit at the end of a long day. However, from some of the reviews it seems you have to show up just as early to get a spot even with the VIP event for parade and fireworks and the parade spot is not the best view of parade and TT is not best view of fireworks. ???

so overall are you glad you did the Happy hallowishes dessert party or no? I could card less about eating desserts but I do like the idea of not waiting a long time to get good spot for parade and fireworks, and for having a place to sit at the end of a long day. However, from some of the reviews it seems you have to show up just as early to get a spot even with the VIP event for parade and fireworks and the parade spot is not the best view of parade and TT is not best view of fireworks. ???

I haven't done it yet. Only for MVMCP when it was only fireworks viewing, so that's why I created this thread to see about parade viewing and if any changes for fireworks. If you go to link RuthB posted, there are been more recent comments that have been positive for the parade viewing.

I'm going on Halloween, numerous PP who have gone on Halloween have advised me to keep my reservation for the parade alone for that night on Main Street and they've added the Zootopia Crew (DD loves Zootopia)which is only on Main Street and others mention the HH coming down Main Street and going around the flagpole circle is great coverage, so I'll be keeping my reservation. And this way I only have to show up 30-45 minutes early, more party time, October parades starts at 8:15 not 8:30. :goodvibes

I enjoyed the view for the fireworks from TT, I've done the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party 3 times (including the one during MVMCP in 2014). I love seeing Tink from TT. So maybe I'm missing what others get from the whole 360 view. Because PP pushing and kids on shoulders and finding spot hours early has no appeal for me either. To each their own.

Last edited:
We have the dessert party booked for one week from today (October 16th). I will try and remember to come back with a full review of our experience for you.

we will be there 10/17 and there's a 5 day cancellation policy on dessert parties that i just found out about! have fun!

We are headed to MNSSHP in October. There are a few posts regarding the Dessert Party, mostly negative comments, which are okay, but only a few actual reviews. So the comments outweigh the reviews. But I need to verify some information from actual participants . It would be great if I could get answers to these questions. Reviews greatly appreciated too. TIA!

Is the flagpole a good parade viewing area (i.e. Headless Horseman, Zootopia Party Patrol) floats and characters turning in the circle? What time did you arrive before the parade started?

Descent fireworks viewing? Did you go straight to TT after the parade or make a detour?
The plaza garden viewing (the one on the terrace side) was this available for people who reserved the HHDPP?

Were there tables with not so good views? Were many people standing @ rails or were tables right @ the rails?

What were the party favors/goodies? Ghirardelli chocolates? No, candy mugs this year?

I am currently holding ADRs for MVMCP and am still trying to decide if I want to keep them or not.... but have been checking MNSSHP reviews to help decide... and this is what seems universally accepted.

Tables are first come-first serve, yes. This may be a problem if you have small children/slow walkers after the parade because you won't be able to make up for that by showing up early unless you miss the parade.

the flagpole is PRIMO parade viewing spot. IMO it's the best thing about the whole package and I am considering it for parade viewing alone.

The fireworks viewing is decent at best due to the 360 fireworks - being undercover you will miss everything to the side and behind you. I think most people go straight to TT because that is when you line up to enter and claim your seats. You don't HAVE to but you would not get good seats. The plaza garden viewing is NOT reserved for people who are part of the dessert party, it is open to the public. However I am seriously considering grabbing my desserts in a to-go container I stash in my backpack and camping outside there anyway even though it is not reserved.

Yes there are tables with not so good views. the further back you are from the railing, the more that will be obstructed by the overhang. I have seen mixed reports of whether people are able to stand at the rails but the most recent reports indicate the rails are packed with tables so this would not be possible.

no candy mugs this year, a little packet of ghirardelli squares. I would not do it for the favors in either case.

We did it 9/29 and loved it!

Yes. I checked in at 4 and got the credentials for everyone in my party even though they weren't with me.

Appeared to be first come but they sat us... Didn't appear to be pre-assigned though.

Yes, we loved this area. We were on the back side facing the train station. We had a great shot of the parade coming down Main Street (if we turned around) and the parade as it turned and went by us. Same with headless horseman and the creepa crew dancing. We arrived at 8:20 and it was pretty full for front row spots but we were able to find a spot for our stroller. We stood behind it while leaning on the fence. This was perfect for us.

We went out to get the headless horseman magic shot and then went to TT. We were one of the last to show up (or so it seemed)

We didn't even look.

It seemed like there were two rows of tables and none seemed to have a bad view. No one stood at the rails by us but could have gone to the sides to do so if needed. First row of tables was at the rails.

Ghirardelli chocolates. No mugs.

Answered each question in the quoted post. We loved our party!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Yep! Keeping our reservations!
I hope you have fun!! While there is some down time that could be used for other party things, I felt like not having to get a spot for the parade at 7:30 or 8 saved me some time. My son and husband were able to leave TT during the party and go ride Buzz and trick or treat in Tommorland some. I didn't have to stress about saving their spots and I got to sit in a chair while I waited. Win win for me. I didn't want the rush rush rush pace of trying to squeeze stuff in between the parade and the fireworks because we missed getting a good spot for the fireworks at the Christmas party three years ago. we got caught in a character line longer than we anticipated and we watched them from the very end of the Tomorrowland bridge. Not a good spot at all.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Yep! Keeping our reservations!
initial reports were awful but all of the recent reports have been quite good. so either Disney ironed out the wrinkles or... I don't know. I am seriously on the fence about my MVMCP one though.

Thanks to those that reported back. We are definitely keeping our reservations! 11D until I'm home! :maleficen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter