Happy Birthday, DIS!

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
:bday:

dis.png

Today the DIS is 17 years old. Pete Werner began this site as a hobby, and since then, has started Dreams Unlimited Travel, and then the DIS Unplugged Podcast. There are thousands of people who come to this site for information about the Disney parks and cruise line, and many have stayed to become part of the forum community.

When Pete started the Disboards, there was only one board, and it was called the Disney Iinformation Station. When I joined, I think there were a handful. Now there are several categories with sub-board communities. By the way, Pete pronounces DIS like diss (not diz).

If you would like to hear how the DIS got started, listen to the show here:

Pete and the Team talk about the DIS and how they got involved

Here is more history about the DIS itself:

DIS Unplugged 5-year anniversary

10-year anniversary

Wow! I didn't realize how long the DISboards have been around. I'm glad though. This board has a wealth of information that has helped us plan two Disney vacations with more to come!

Thanks Pete :thumbsup2 and congratulations party:!

I didn't realize it was that long either. Happy Birthday DIS. Thanks for the years of information, laughs, tears, memories, and everything else you have brought into our lives! :flower3:

:bday:

dis.png

Today the DIS is 17 years old. Pete Werner began this site as a hobby, and since then, has started Dreams Unlimited Travel, and then the DIS Unplugged Podcast. There are thousands of people who come to this site for information about the Disney parks and cruise line, and many have stayed to become part of the forum community.

When Pete started the Disboards, there was only one board, and it was called the Disney Iinformation Station. When I joined, I think there were a handful. Now there are several categories with sub-board communities. By the way, Pete pronounces DIS like diss (not diz).

If you would like to hear how the DIS got started, listen to the show here:

Pete and the Team talk about the DIS and how they got involved

Here is more history about the DIS itself:

DIS Unplugged 5-year anniversary

10-year anniversary

Never felt so young I was turning 12 the year the dis came out now I am about to turn 29

When I found the DIS it was one page and my son was five and in kindergarten.

Today it's a major force of the web and my son is a junior in college!

Man, I have GOT to get a life :coffee:

Wow alot has changed since then! I am sparsely here anymore but I still think about a good many of you guys.:lovestruc

I think I started around 2001, maybe 2, but the dis sure has out lasted most web sites

Happy Birthday DIS, thanks for changing my life. ;) :goodvibes

Wow alot has changed since then! I am sparsely here anymore but I still think about a good many of you guys.:lovestruc

there is a name from that past, I remember you, Pop Daddy here , hope all is good with you

When I found the DIS it was one page and my son was five and in kindergarten.

Today it's a major force of the web and my son is a junior in college!

Man, I have GOT to get a life :coffee:

In 2001 I found out I was pregnant with DS who is now going to be 12 this month :eek: and DH and I were only married for 2 years (now going on 15 this year) :lovestruc

Learned something new today: Diss, not Diz. Will continue to say Dizzzzzzz. ::yes::

Happy Birthday DIS! party:

I stumbled onto the DIS when I was helping my brother plan a Disney trip. This place, even then, was such a wealth of info that I decided to book a trip, myself, and several more in the following years.

My boys were in elementary and my oldest son was off to his Freshmen year of college.

And now, after July 12th all three will be married and hopefully (or better be in my words) starting their families soon!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter