Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

SATURDAY OCTOBER 2ND

Another lovely sleep was behind us and it looked another beautiful day outside when we pulled back the drapes. When we are in the other tower, I tend to like the drapes open during the night as I can see the lights of the park, but there wasn`t much out this window, although we could see the Orlando Eye and Funspot which had some lovely lights that kept lit up all night, but not as pretty as the parks.

Breakfast we took our time with this morning, I tried some of the little pastries this morning and they were very nice, some were strawberry and some peach ones too, they went well with the fruit and meat for a change.

The options are nice for breakfast, we never look for a cooked or hot option so it`s ideal for us, having a cooked breakfast is something we have once in a blue moon, so there are lots of choices for us in the morning.

Chatting takes up a lot of our time most days, and in the mornings we always enjoyed chatting to staff and other guests too, some were really lovely and it was nice getting to know them.

Eventually we headed out and decided we`d get the boat and make our way to the Studios and enjoy some time there today. The boat was only a few minutes away and it was nice standing in the shade as it felt lovely and warm outside again. Today was going to be a warm one.

It`s a lovely short ride to the centre of Citywalk and the boats were busy this morning, at peak times they put on extra boats to cover everyone, so you never really wait long.

Citywalk was busy with folks streaming into the park this morning, and there were some filks already leaving.....we did wonder how long we had been talking as we thought it was later than it was with so many folks heading out.

We did stop to get some photo`s from the Photopass guy, something we don`t usually do, he asked to do a couple of things....and one thing I absolutely loathe in a picture......that silly V for peace sign that folks do with their fingers........not quite sure what it is that makes my teeth itch, but I won`t do it. We did get a couple we liked though, even though the sun was in the worst place possible.

i-9VcCbb3-L.jpg

We did plan to do Minions this morning, but it was another where the EP line was merged into the regular line. Not the norm and we weren`t going to wait in that line, Minions since they changed it is not worth the wait.

Tom did go on RRR, thankfully he managed to get the front row and it`s never as bad as further back in the cars, he enjoyed it, but wished I`d gone on it with him. It just knocks me a little too much now for it to be fun which is such a shame as it`s a ride I did enjoy a lot. I think Kyle will want to ride it in May for sure so I will probably go on it then, once.

i-MqdmLXk-X2.jpg

i-QqMPK9M-X2.jpg

It`s always nice seeing the booths for HHN during the day, they are always well designed but usually there are so many people you can`t get to see them properly, and in daylight you do get to appreciate them. They really had done a good job on the designs this year.

i-Dfq3vJT-X2.jpg

i-b5hdgwq-X2.jpg

Universal are excellent at decorating the windows as if they were real businesses and they had some very amusing names in some and of course some were nods to real folks who had a connection to the parks in one way or another from the past.

This one always reminds me of our very own Keishashadow.......only because of Boris and Natasha....... :rotfl:

i-WMbzpMb-X2.jpg

The Film Vault is a lovely little store that stocks all sorts of memorabilia from movies that have been massive such as Jaws, Psycho, Back to the Future and so on and some of it is quite unusual, but the do of course stock the more common stuff too.

I bought this tee shirt for one of my Goddaughters who is a massive fan of Friends as part of her Christmas gifts.

If you don`t know about "Pivot" you`ve obviously never watched Friends. Always orated in the same voice as Ross of course ::yes::

She loved it!

i-3CZQZZV-X2.jpg

Delancey Street is one of the busiest streets in Universal, usually, but we`ve been lucky enough to see it on many occasions almost deserted if not completely deserted at times. This is where the Blues Brothers perform numerous times a day and there are often street performers that will come out and entertain too, it is a lively little street at times.

i-nDHnHcn-X2.jpg

This has to be one of the nicest pictures to go on a bathroom entrance anywhere.

i-M7RNPDq-X2.jpg

One of the things we do like about Universal, in both parks, there are plenty of places to stop and sit down for a break and catch some water or just rest your legs for 10 minutes. There are seating options everywhere.

i-3J9Wxc5-X2.jpg

i-8W9skZv-X2.jpg

Apart from Jimmy Fallon, Fast & Furious ride has to be the biggest disappointment in years to come from UOR. Whoever decided this would be their best option I hope redeemed themselves in some way!! Has to be the worst ride anywhere......

i-Xqv6MNL-X2.jpg

i-QnHx4F6-X2.jpg

The lagoon is very pretty, they do the light and water show from here most nights excluding events like HHN and it is a show worth seeing, they do it very well and it`s nice to see how the incorporate some of their classic movies from every age.

i-bC3rJW3-X2.jpg

We do like a picture with Bruce and a drink from Chez Alcatraz now and again, it was a little early of course, but this is a very popular little bar and it can get very busy, we thought we`d pop back round later after it opened, we did like a couple of their drinks.

i-5hMf42R-X2.jpg

We wandered round the back of Lombards and had another look at their pop up bar only for HHN`s of course, and it did look very cool. I hoped it had got busier since the manager had first mentioned it to us and acknowledged not too many folks knew about it.

It was a lovely area to enjoy sitting for a while enjoying a drink or two or just getting a break from the HHN crowds.

i-hqhTHNX-X2.jpg

i-3mvfjhq-X2.jpg

More to come......:)

Love the little minion on the construction wall.

Riding the maybe 5 minute portion of the Fast and Furious segment of the tram tour at USH confirmed that I will never ride supercharged at UOR. So boring. And I hate saying that but it’s true.

Oh it’s definitely both texture and taste for me sadly!

Yep, it`s usually one or the other.....or both!

I ended up enjoying it after I tried guacamole for the first time, then discovered I preferred it on it`s own or with other things like shrimp in a salad.

Love the little minion on the construction wall.

Riding the maybe 5 minute portion of the Fast and Furious segment of the tram tour at USH confirmed that I will never ride supercharged at UOR. So boring. And I hate saying that but it’s true.

Yes, that wall was nicely done.

It is an incredibly bad ride.....I think someone was having a late Friday decision and signed off on the wrong thing seeing those plans! They do know it sucks and is not popular, but I do feel for the TM who have to work there knowing most are quite apathetic about it.

although they did sell the Dole Whip, so might give that a bash sometime......
No way!!! Is it just the soft serve or do they offer it as a float with pineapple juice (and rum :))?
I`d hope anyone would let a TM know a child seemingly on their own.
what could go wrong…7 y.o. unattended in an amusement park:oops:

I get it if the child, unbeknownst to the parental unit, wandered away. Probably happens more than one would expect in the excitement and crowds. However, the parks do have protocols for that as long as it’s reported. A shame to think the TMs have to also looking out for errant kids as part to their daily duties. no idea what they make, decidedly underpaid.
I used to love the ice-cream van coming around.
We would call it the goodie bar truck :). Only place I still see it in the US is as a stationary food truck or drive up at the beach parking areas
This should have been finished long ago.....but with one thing and another, it`s been delayed by a long time! It was a wonderful trip, I don`t think we`ll stay 33 nights again in one trip, so we absolutely made the most of it.
Oh, IDK, I’m all for s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out a wonderful thing to savor it. :thumbsup2
Well I just have to mention — Mr. Worfie has seen Alice Cooper over 30 times in concert, and eaten at his restaurant. He is a massive fan! ☺️
Welcome to my nightmare, Kindred spirit. hasn’t come thru our town in a couple of years but, he puts on a heckofa show
she began cursing like a sailor to her mother and ranting about everything....it was disgusting
Ah, the un-happiest place on earth phenom strikes at U too. Why is it that the adults are ugliest in the parks during their meltdowns. No excuse for the actions in that scenario you painted, by the adult or ’the child’.
Bula Bar is one of the most consistently good pool bars around, never had anything less than perfect from here and if you haven`t had their Nachos, you have to try them. Much nicer than M`ville`s nachos which has shrunk a lot over the years....it`s still big, but not as big as it used to be.
It is solid, I’m told the food from jakes kitchen??? However, the burgers always taste better when eaten poolside for some reason to me. Do wish they’d sell a half portion of that nacho platter. Just too much for two people, let alone one.
Oh it’s definitely both texture and taste for me sadly!
Same, mostly textural for me Along with not being a fan of most Mexican food as generally full of soap (cilantro).

No way!!! Is it just the soft serve or do they offer it as a float with pineapple juice (and rum :))?

what could go wrong…7 y.o. unattended in an amusement park:oops:

I get it if the child, unbeknownst to the parental unit, wandered away. Probably happens more than one would expect in the excitement and crowds. However, the parks do have protocols for that as long as it’s reported. A shame to think the TMs have to also looking out for errant kids as part to their daily duties. no idea what they make, decidedly underpaid.

We would call it the goodie bar truck :). Only place I still see it in the US is as a stationary food truck or drive up at the beach parking areas

Oh, IDK, I’m all for s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out a wonderful thing to savor it. :thumbsup2

Welcome to my nightmare, Kindred spirit. hasn’t come thru our town in a couple of years but, he puts on a heckofa show

Ah, the un-happiest place on earth phenom strikes at U too. Why is it that the adults are ugliest in the parks during their meltdowns. No excuse for the actions in that scenario you painted, by the adult or ’the child’.

It is solid, I’m told the food from jakes kitchen??? However, the burgers always taste better when eaten poolside for some reason to me. Do wish they’d sell a half portion of that nacho platter. Just too much for two people, let alone one.

Same, mostly textural for me Along with not being a fan of most Mexican food as generally full of soap (cilantro).

Sadly no rum....I did ask lol........and it is sorbet which I`d prefer ice cream but it`s nice enough, Schwabs Pharmacy in Studios sells it too, but to be honest, the caramel ice cream Tom had was nicer!

yes, it`s quite disconcerting seeing a child alone, always makes me very unsettled to think their parents might be absolutely beside themselves with worry. I do remember a child once in Hogsmeade that had got seperated from her parents, someone had alerted a TM and within a few seconds there were five people in shirts appeared as if by magic and they did get the girl back with her parents within a few moments......

A goodie truck...like it! Sadly, becoming a relic now unless at a venue.

It`s never nice to see screaming matches anywhere, but it just seems so out of place in a place that should be filled with happiness. Sometimes folks bickering can be highly amusing though, I will admit to eavesdropping a couple of times......made me blush!!!

Bula Bar has their own kitchen, if you`re looking at the actual bar, it`s to the left more towards the walking path aside the pool area, just a square little building. Yes their burgers are weirdly superior to Jake`s, which is surprising as I assume it`s the same meat, but I don`t know that for sure. I agree, a half portion of the nachos would be nice, we always get the chicken and no beans with extra jalapeno......I`m sure the chef will love us!!! Nothing worse than someone changing everything in a dish.....lol....

We both hate cilantro too....yep, tastes like soap! Cafe La Bamba is opening up for lunches soon to the general public but it`s going to be Mexican apparently.....I won`t be visiting.

Thank you for the lovely compliment ☺️ ........I do need to get it finsished though!!

I never know what to do when people are making a scene misbehaving. It just seems best to keep myself to myself but also listen. You both did an admirable job ignoring the spoiled young woman, As a parent, I would have been mortified.

You really did get some lovely photos! It’s nice to have some with you both 🥰

The mark of a truly relaxing trip is when you are talking so much you don’t even notice time passing. You guys are champs! 🎉🎉🎉

We generally don’t go over weekends to avoid the crowds. It seems like you handled it very well and knew just when to leave.

I hear so much about the weekend brunch at the Hard Rock — have you ever done it?

lol.....yes, we didn`t really have any choice but to listen, but yes, she really showed herself up.

I think it was busier due to the hurricane being over, and a Saturday too, it was fine in the morning, you can see by the pictures, but yes, when it got too busy we took to the hills.

We did like those photopass pictures, Matt was brilliant at sending them all to us.

It`s been so long since we went to do that brunch, I`m not the best person to give an opinion on it. But, it wasn`t our favourite of all the hotels offerings. Our friends that stay for a month over christmas went twice I think as her husband loves The Kitchen, her not so much, but I`ll ask them what they thought about it, haven`t seen them yet.

We actually don't mind Jimmy Fallon's.

Fast & Furious however......wow.....my wife and son were actually angry when they got off the ride it's so bad. :laughing:
They were carrying on for about an hour how someone should be fired for thinking that ride was a good idea. 🤣

We actually don't mind Jimmy Fallon's.

Fast & Furious however......wow.....my wife and son were actually angry when they got off the ride it's so bad. :laughing:
They were carrying on for about an hour how someone should be fired for thinking that ride was a good idea. 🤣

Oh god, we were the same......lol.....I pouted for ages when I came off because it was so rubbish :rotfl: Told Tom "I told you so" he didn`t believe it was as bad as I had told him!!

I think the folks that designed that ride did end up somewhere else.......:rolleyes1

I`m going to go back on JF in May.....Kyle wants to ride every single ride in both parks....even that spinny ride beside The Hulk....he`s on his own there!!! So yes, maybe I`ll have a changed opinion on it then. I quite like when I think something is going to be awful, but isn`t as bad as I remembered it.

Oh god, we were the same......lol.....I pouted for ages when I came off because it was so rubbish :rotfl: Told Tom "I told you so" he didn`t believe it was as bad as I had told him!!

I think the folks that designed that ride did end up somewhere else.......:rolleyes1

I`m going to go back on JF in May.....Kyle wants to ride every single ride in both parks....even that spinny ride beside The Hulk....he`s on his own there!!! So yes, maybe I`ll have a changed opinion on it then. I quite like when I think something is going to be awful, but isn`t as bad as I remembered it.
A couple of years ago my kids, husband, and their "Popsie" went on F&F while grandma and I chilled in Hogsmeade and they were equally irate. I did make sure to say "I TOLD YOU SO" because it is notoriously awful. We finally braved Jimmy Fallon this last trip because my son absolutely adores pandas and our neighbor (whose daughter equally adores pandas) told us it was fun plus there is a panda gift shop at the end so we bit the bullet and it actually WAS pretty fun. The only truly awful part is Jimmy Fallon. Can't stand him. (Also it broke right after the pizza scene and they restarted it lol...) Is it the best ride? No, but if there's nothing better to do I'm happy enough to do it.

A couple of years ago my kids, husband, and their "Popsie" went on F&F while grandma and I chilled in Hogsmeade and they were equally irate. I did make sure to say "I TOLD YOU SO" because it is notoriously awful. We finally braved Jimmy Fallon this last trip because my son absolutely adores pandas and our neighbor (whose daughter equally adores pandas) told us it was fun plus there is a panda gift shop at the end so we bit the bullet and it actually WAS pretty fun. The only truly awful part is Jimmy Fallon. Can't stand him. (Also it broke right after the pizza scene and they restarted it lol...) Is it the best ride? No, but if there's nothing better to do I'm happy enough to do it.

lol......I told you so comes with a dance in our house...... :rotfl:

i-JQKszDb-Th.gif

I cannot abide JF either.....I don`t find him funny at all, don`t get him or his supposed humour, I do like the panda guy though, he gave me a really good scare a few visits back.

I`m glad you enjoyed it though and the kids too, we will do it in May...once!

Hi, Carole! I noticed your signature excludes a Fall trip this year and adds in a holiday trip, which I'm sure will be quite fun. Any particular reason you're not going in the Fall as you have for many years? *signed a Nosey Rosey

Hi, Carole! I noticed your signature excludes a Fall trip this year and adds in a holiday trip, which I'm sure will be quite fun. Any particular reason you're not going in the Fall as you have for many years? *signed a Nosey Rosey

lol....nosey rosey.......

We were so disillusioned with HHN this year, the crowds were a big part of that but we didn`t enjoy it overall as much as we used to. We do still love September though, but fancied a change.

And as we love all the Holiday offerings we thought, this year we`ll do that instead as we missed last year. This will be our fifth time visiting for the Holidays. Following year....who knows.....we might not even go to Orlando at all.......there`s a lot of America we`d like to see, but something for us to think about.

Hope you`re doing good Cara........:wave2:

Carole, we're doing very well. And I totally understand. We've spent many years visiting the same powder-white beaches of the Gulf of Northwest Florida. We still love it (it is a peaceful place for my soul), but we've decided to pause it for now. There's just still much we want to see and prolonged good health to travel is not a guarantee. A short trip to New Orleans and a trip to Maine are on our list for 2023. Along with a short visit to St. Augustine with my daughter to celebrate our birthdays in March.

Carole, we're doing very well. And I totally understand. We've spent many years visiting the same powder-white beaches of the Gulf of Northwest Florida. We still love it (it is a peaceful place for my soul), but we've decided to pause it for now. There's just still much we want to see and prolonged good health to travel is not a guarantee. A short trip to New Orleans and a trip to Maine are on our list for 2023. Along with a short visit to St. Augustine with my daughter to celebrate our birthdays in March.

Glad to hear it Cara.

I think the trouble for us is really people. We have a lot of friends we love to see in Orlando, and missing a year would be quite hard, but you`re right there`s so many other places to see.

You have some lovely places to visit there, Maine is on our list, but we have a darn long list and I doubt we`ll see them all. I`m sure there will also come a time we get fed up with the long haul flights....but not yet.....maybe when I`m 90:flower:

St Augustine will be a lovely visit for you and your daughter, that`s a lovely way to celebrate your birthdays.

Of course we could end up in Orlando next September instead of venturing further......lol......

Glad to hear it Cara.

I think the trouble for us is really people. We have a lot of friends we love to see in Orlando, and missing a year would be quite hard, but you`re right there`s so many other places to see.

You have some lovely places to visit there, Maine is on our list, but we have a darn long list and I doubt we`ll see them all. I`m sure there will also come a time we get fed up with the long haul flights....but not yet.....maybe when I`m 90:flower:

St Augustine will be a lovely visit for you and your daughter, that`s a lovely way to celebrate your birthdays.

Of course we could end up in Orlando next September instead of venturing further......lol......
It would be hard to pass on Orlando with all the relationships you have developed there over the years. I would probably feel guilty if I didn't go see them.

We will most likely be there in early December this year. Maybe we'll meet having a Carole's punch! 🍹

I love this bookstore window, it has all sorts of wonderful titles including lots of Disney books too, some real classics and interesting to see them in this window of all places. I was delighted to see one of these when the park was built as one of my passions is reading and classic bookstores are always a delight to spend time in......such a shame this one isn`t real but only a facade.

i-6mtMsCj-X2.jpg

We tend to visit in quieter times, no such thing as a quiet time anymore, but even so, we haven`t been able to get a picture at this cute little door without seemingly thousands of folks on there too....so we took full advantage while there was a gap, but I will honestly say, all around us and behind Tom were just wall to wall people today.

i-7D8QKZf-X2.jpg

i-KhnnjqD-X2.jpg

I think we would be hightailing it out of here before long today, it was heaving and just bodies everywhere which isn`t fun in Diagon Alley.

We don`t often go into the store that sells wands except during HHN as it often a lot quieter, but we did today and headed through the back and we were reminded of this beautiful antique writing bureau, I`m sure it`s not really an antique from the Olde Worlde days, but it reminds me of one my uncle`s who was a writer and had a similar one in his study. This was back in the early 1970`s and I remember him typing on a real typewriter and he`d let me change the ribbon, I got into trouble for being covered in ink by my mum!! But, he was in another world as he was one of these clever genius type people who probably couldn`t boil a kettle, but wrote thousands of books. The smell in that study was of coffee, pencil shavings and whatever aftershave it was he wore. Given it was the 1970`s, goodness knows!!

But, I used to love playing with all the little drawers in it, not identical to this one of course, this one is smaller but it just gives me that memory.

i-3zDJQjZ-X2.jpg

We head into Knockturn Alley, it can be quieter in here, but some days.....wow....you can`t move either. Tom goes around to get some pictures and I head into the store and get chatting to a couple who we had seen in the Lounge, they were laughing as they heard a woman say her family had been to UOR twice before, both times went into Potter places and did not know Knockturn Alley existed till this visit.....I`m always amazed at the things folks don`t know coming to a theme park like this one.

i-rFCVS3F-X2.jpg

We didn`t go on Gringotts today, the regular line was huge, I forget what it was, so we didn`t fancy even the EP line today and going by the crowds, it was only getting busier, so we left Potter and wandered round to Chez Alcatraz and it was open, although someone was sitting on the seats at the bar, they do have tables but the ones with parasols were all taken and we weren`t going to sit in the blazing sun as it was boiling hot now.

One of them said we could have the chair that was spare, then the guy came back and he said it was ok, he`d stand, nice of him, but we wouldn`t be here long and he could get it back.

I ordered the Bay Breeze which has Malibu Coconut Rum, Cranberry and Pineapple Juice and it`s nice because it`s very fruity and has a good kick....except the kick was more of a piffle today. It wasn`t the usual barmen we know, and think he had a poor pour......not the usual standard of cocktail. Tom had a beer which, you can`t really go wrong with a beer.

i-5nPVDQ2-X2.jpg

If I`m going to have a cocktail or any kind of alcohol, I want to enjoy it, so if I don`t like something I trash it, and that`s what I did with this one.....all I could taste was ice and some pineapple juice......so we left the bar and headed round to see how large the line for The Mummy was....it was too large, must have been over an hour looking at the line. We`d pass.

We loved having all day to do nothing and wandering around the parks are always something we love to do, and we also love a good cocktail, so as we were there, we popped into Finnegans.

Finnegans is somewhere we really don`t like very much, food doesn`t appeal and neither does the theme, but....there`s always a but 8-).....we do like the bar and they do some classic cocktails not on the menu anymore.

It wasn`t too busy so we got a seat at the bar and the staff here are always good at what they do......it does have a pub atmosphere we like and if you can get a seat at the bar, it`s always entertaining.

i-VRvtZ3L-X2.jpg

Before the famous "Jim" retired from here, he worked here forever and was what you would describe as a real old fashioned barman, knew his stuff......he introduced us to the famous Rum Neuralyser, as I said, it`s not on the menu anymore and I hoped the ladies behind the bar knew the drink, I was sure they would......

When we asked for two of them she smiled and said we were classic old school guests.....she loved when folks knew the older drinks and especially if they had come from Jim.

And they do pack a punch!!! No bad pours in here and this cocktail was still as fruity as I like them, but you can taste the alcohol in them. We should have come straight here.

i-jF982dp-X2.jpg

It`s nice sitting here and watching the world go by, and we hadn`t been seated long before the bar was completely full. During HHN you never get near the bar usually like this, and the staff are very friendly of course.

She asks if we want food, and initially we said no as the food here is not for us at all, we`ve tried several times, but we choose to eat elsewhere normally, but I had to admit I was getting a little peckish.

We asked for the Cobb salad minus the blue cheese and she told us they don`t do honey mustard dressing, but she said their own dressing was very similar, so we said we`d give it a try and she was right, it was similar and it was lovely. We also got some wedges.

i-XvgFgvn-X2.jpg

i-KG5wFgD-X2.jpg

It`s hard to go wrong with a salad, and it was ok....the dressing was the star of this dish, the wedges were again, ok, they look dry, but at the bottom of the dish there was a lot of grease which is what I associate with Finnegans dishes usually. But, it filled a hole and the salad was fresh.

We did have a second neuralyser and this one I swear was stronger, well worth the extra tip!! We thanked the ladies for their service and headed back out into that glorious sunshine and both of us had an extra glow thanks to those gorgeous cocktails......😁

i-LGrXxRv-Th.gif

This is one of our favourite streets in The Studios, but it is quiet again, not a complaint as we prefer it that way as there are so many things to see and admire in all the windows, each deceptively hiding a nod to someone who had something to do with Universal in one way or another.

i-HSc3PZT-X2.jpg

i-JP28HCw-X2.jpg

i-6cfKFZ2-X2.jpg

We dawdled our way out of the park, but I was pleasantly accosted by a familiar face.......he is a very chatty Charlie indeed, but we always think the characters at Universal are incredible, they always have been like that from our very first visit.

i-XcqTMc6-X2.jpg

i-wMJTnWh-X2.jpg

We waited a few moments for the boat back home and we almost had it to ourselves and it was Capt Rob who sailed us home.....he is a classic!! Very funny and guests young and old love him.....not the corny jokes he`s been using for years though, but I think I`d be disappointed if he ever leaves, which I`m sure he will one day.

i-pXpksLc-X2.jpg

Stopping off to say hello to a friend of ours we passed half an hour or so chatting to her, then headed to our room, had a quick freshen up and headed over to the Club Lounge......some of our favourite staff were working tonight........Alex, Daniel, Tory and Trisha were on tonight. Such lovely, lovely people.

Alex we really wanted to bring home with us, she is such a special person who cares so much for other people, I`m so glad she has since got a promotion in the lounge to supervisor, she deserves it.

i-P4SQkp7-X2.jpg

And of course, we had to get one with Tom too. There were no other guests in at that point, we do enjoy spending time with them when they can chat away as it is quiet.

i-sTbqHrv-X2.jpg

We had a card for Tory as she was getting married at the end of October, and she very kindly shared her whole wedding album with us once she had it, beautiful pictures and such a unique set of pictures, so many I`d never have thought of doing and she looked so beautiful on her wedding day, lovely couple. And she very kindly presented us with an invitation to her full wedding.....that was so kind of her as it was a beautiful invitation, she knew of course we wouldn`t be there, but said they would have been thrilled if we turned up to surprise them.....if only.

But, we chatted the next couple of hours away, and thought about where we wanted to go for dinner later.......so many choices.

We had a couple of glasses of wine, and passed the time mostly laughing away evening service, they do look after everyone so well and work very hard to keep the lounge at a high standard for guests. It is one of the nicest lounges out of the three hotels in our eyes and consistently gets the best reviews.

i-r6nQVBj-X2.jpg

I love the entrance to RP......especially with unusually empty view we had tonight......

i-MLGm5Hf-X2.jpg

It was a beautiful evening and again, we did consider going to Citywalk, but in the end we called an Uber that was there in around 12 seconds, and we headed over to the Ale House on Kirkman.

This is a place you get good food and good service, can`t go wrong with any dish there in our experience and we always hope to get a seat at the bar if it`s just the two of us, anymore and we get a booth. Again, it`s a busy place and it`s just your luck if there are any free.

i-r2Fhkwf-X2.jpg

i-phvzfFb-X2.jpg

i-qv7NcHL-X2.jpg

We did manage to get seats at the bar, it was very quiet tonight, but it did fill up and we had a lovely lady who sat beside us who was in Orlando through her business and she chatted away merrily with us throughout the evening. She did enjoy the sports that was on of which we had no clue. She asked what we thought of what she called soccer.....football to us, told her we haven`t the slightest interest in any football, especially football from the UK. Just not fans, completely bores us rigid. So it was interesting chatting to someone who did enjoy it and most other sports imaginable!!! Sports for us have to involve cars, that`s about it.....:car:

Tom and I both ordered red wine tonight, we`d had some in the lounge so we stuck to that.

The menu is large.....so many choices, it does take us a time to decide here. I ordered the Filet with fries and asked for a pot of their third hottest sauce on the side, Tom went with the ribs and we shared a side salad too.

i-MgnZNKs-X2.jpg

I really shouldn`t be allowed to take food pictures anymore!!!

But, this is the filet, despite it being so dark it was a decent size and cooked to perfection, I asked for it rare, and it was lovely. And the sauce was hotter than I wanted it to be.......

i-TcpSKFJ-S.gif

They had given me the hottest one in error.......lol.....soon got it changed, it was nice, but maybe not for steak!!

i-Xxm2z96-X2.jpg

These ribs are good.......Tom voted them as among the best he has eaten. They were very fall off the bone tender!

i-2NZvvMs-X2.jpg

The food was lovely, and very filling, so much so we never get dessert here, I think the only time we ever did was when Kyle was with us...they do a nice chocolate one he did enjoy. But not for us and we`d enjoyed a few glasses of wine which we prefer.

We said goodnight to the lady from I think, Texas maybe? I do forget where she said now, but she was there for the night I think. We ordered our Uber and waited a few moments for it to arrive and we were home before we knew it.

Straight to our room, we switched on the tv and I don`t think we even saw whatever movie was on. We were looking forward to another sneaky park day tomorrow......our last full day!

It would be hard to pass on Orlando with all the relationships you have developed there over the years. I would probably feel guilty if I didn't go see them.

We will most likely be there in early December this year. Maybe we'll meet having a Carole's punch! 🍹

Yes, we have made some lovely genuine friendships over the years with many folks there and the thought of not seeing them might make a difference in our decision. So many choices.

Oh absolutely......that would be lovely!!! We would enjoy meeting up for a drink or two......:-)

Omg 😱 pivot is such a funny episode! It had me laughing after I saw your picture! :rotfl:

Nice day in the park! I agree about the Fast and Furious awful!
Jimmy Fallon is okay but not a must for us!

It is one of the funniest episodes they did....the amount of times we use that quote is quite scary....lol.....and the infamous line......... "I will give you store credit in the amount of $4.......I will take it" :laughing:

Hopefully once Epic Universe is up and running they might look to replace F&F, definitely their worst choice of ride ever for us and many others.

Hope you`re doing well Caroline :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter