Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

I think a lot of the folks you see running from ride to ride are only there for a couple days. Like you, we are fortunate enough to be able to go for a couple weeks at a time.
It's really nice to take it as it comes instead of rushing around.

The comparison between Universal and Disney seems to be never ending on the forums. We've always enjoyed both places and don't feel a need to decide which is better. We have had lengthy stays at both places and enjoyed them for slightly different reasons.

Are far as the TM's go I feel like Universal really kicked up their game about 5 years ago. We never had a bad experience prior to that, but in 2017 my wife and I both felt there was a difference.
We always had fantastic service at Royal Pacific. We felt that in 2017 the quality of staff at RP had spread to the rest of Universal property. It really felt like their hiring and training process had been kicked up a notch.

I think for some folks yes, it is down to time, but we’ve seen folks on here say that’s the way they like to tour and don’t like to be slowed down. Sounds a nightmare for us…….yes, we are lucky for sure.

I always remember a woman in the Club Lounge years ago, Disney clothes on and had the biggest more organised spread sheet I’ve ever seen!! Bathroom breaks too……wow!

I think we’ve been lucky in all the years we’ve been going, we’ve always found service to be exemplary, but glad to hear you saw a change.

And now your trip is getting much closer too……:)

I loved this post! I know how it is when the giggles start, and you can't stop! This usually happens to me in church or some such quiet respectable place. My husband just shakes his head and rolls his eyes and says, Here she goes again, LOL.
I always open my mouth and say something, too,, if I think what someone is saying is obnoxious. Sometimes I wish I'd used better judgement though! My husband cringes when I do this and gives me the, I don't believe you did that, look.
I have low blood sugar and if I don't eat regularly I get hangry, shaky, and not a fun person to be around. Once I eat I am back to my usual self. My husband knows the signs and gets me some food quickly!
Lombards looks beautiful and old fashioned. I wonder why it looked so empty? Was it an early lunch?
So much enjoying your TR.

lol….fellow low blood sugar person here!! Yes, it’s hard to describe what it’s like to someone who has never experienced it. Tom can go all day without food and never feels up nor down! That shaky feeling is horrible…..and yes, hangry kicks in!

I do speak my mind, and felt she was just being an asp…..Tom is used to me and knows when I won’t keep my yap shut and when I just think meh…..

Huge giggle here too and at inappropriate times too……it was so funny as both D and I just couldn’t stop and every time we looked at each other we went off again…..poor Tom, although when I start laughing he catches it too……lol……thank goodness for wonderful husbands!

Downstairs was busy, upstairs began to fill up after we went in, I think it was around 12.45/1pm we went in for lunch. It is a lovely place.

I‘m so glad you’re still enjoying it……:)

This is the most beautiful road. I've never been on it as far North as you were, but I'm glad to hear it's just as lovely!

I agree with you there! I can't imagine living somewhere all year where you can just go to a nice warm beach anytime..it would be hard to get anything else done!

Love those!! I'm glad you had a good experience at PF Changs. I feel like some of their locations have gone downhill in recent years, but sounds like that one is still great!

It was lovely, I said to Tom we should drive on it again just for the drive as it was stunning. So many folks told us it was, should have listened.

lol….yes, you wouldn’t be wearing bikinis on our beach at home like that! You’d freeze…..it is a lovely lifestyle though.

Oh we have only good things to say about PF Changs. And one of those places we will go back to next trips. Yes, we were pleased we went.

I think they have dealt with everything admirably as they always do. Shame they`ve had to put up with stuff they really shouldn`t be dealing with.

Yes, they do a great job....... :thumbsup2
let’s toss in the onsite hotel employees who seemingly are blessed with the never ending patience required to listen to guests’ very shaggy dog stories.
Who didn`t fall in love with these twins!!
Me, never did see them. Wah. we managed to hit that scarezone at the wrong time every day over two trips lol
I always think it`s such a waste of a building not to be a full service classic and glamorous restaurant.
We did enjoy a character breakfast some time ago, food was decent and I got to cut a rug with Squidward :).
The pizza fries however........no. Not for us.
not to sound like a broken record…

they were better a few seasons ago. woody woodpecker’s tended to be quite fresh then.

no longer the case. Skipped them for first time this year, as i can replicate them better at home in an airfryer lol
everyone suggested we go that way as it is so pretty and they were right......excpet we first had to drive through what was easy to imagine as clear swamp land once upon a time.
It’s one of our favorite drives when in Ormond beach/Daytona area. One year, Dave convinced I was going to land us into the salt pond as I was rubbernecking into trees looking for a glimpse Spanish moss & the many accompanying the hidden mansions.:rolleyes1

let’s toss in the onsite hotel employees who seemingly are blessed with the never ending patience required to listen to guests’ very shaggy dog stories.

Me, never did see them. Wah. we managed to hit that scarezone at the wrong time every day over two trips lol

We did enjoy a character breakfast some time ago, food was decent and I got to cut a rug with Squidward :).

not to sound like a broken record…

they were better a few seasons ago. woody woodpecker’s tended to be quite fresh then.

no longer the case. Skipped them for first time this year, as i can replicate them better at home in an airfryer lol

It’s one of our favorite drives when in Ormond beach/Daytona area. One year, Dave convinced I was going to land us into the salt pond as I was rubbernecking into trees looking for a glimpse Spanish moss & the many accompanying the hidden mansions.:rolleyes1

Yay.....Keisha`s back!!

Oh completely agree......we heard several guests complaining and moaning about the most ridiculous things, very time consuming for hotel staff and no real solutions for folks who are telling staff the weather has ruined their trip.....yes, one of the supervisors had someone yell at her because it was raining!!!! They have the patience of saints!

The twins were stunning and should have been characters of the year if there was such an award!!!

Surprised to see Monsters won best house of the year.....and but, Graveyard did win scare zone of the year, it was amazing.

Oh I understand with the pizza fries...shame they`ve dropped in quality.....won`t be getting them again.

I`m going to guess squidward is part of the sponegbob show......lol....never seen one episode!!

lol....I was a nervous wreck on that part of the road......never been that close to such deep and ominous looking water before....I can imagine though, it is very pretty and loving the sound of the hidden mansions.

Glad you`re all caught up :wave2:

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH

i-DjqqmB5-S.gif

It was indeed my birthday today.

Yes, I still celebrate and enjoy birthdays, I know some folks don`t want to celebrate another one.....but we most certainly do.

I woke bright and early as always and found a load of emails from folks wishing me a Happy Birthday which was lovely, again I had brought some cards from home too from family and friends who had been very organised and gave me them in August when we were up visiting mum or just before we left. It was nice being able to open cards here and the nicest one was from Kyle who we planned to talk to this afternoon.....

We didn`t go overboard on birthday gifts this year as I said my bangle could really cover both, but Tom had already packed some little gifts for me and we had picked up a bottle of my favourite perfume from Bloomingdales, Chanel Chance au Fraiche, we can get it in the UK of course, but they sell a very large bottle over here we can`t get. So, once we were showered and dressed I opened what I had and he had been so thoughtful with the little boxes....and he hadn`t done too bad on the wrapping either.

We headed down for breakfast and Daniel got my grape jelly out of the fridge for me and handed me a glass of birthday sparkly too......yay! Nice way to start a birthday...well, or any day really....😉

I was also given a birthday button.......I do like a button!!

i-Zbt3zhz-X2.jpg

I made my breakfast of white toast, cream cheese and grape jelly and always think of Raphael when I do make this up as it completely bemuses him I think with the mix.....I love it!!

I saw Alex come in and gave her a wave and thought I`ll see her in a minute, give her a chance to get in the door before I go say hello......

But, she beat me too it.....a few minutes later Alex, Daniel and Kiana were walking over to our table with a lovely cake with candles, a beautiful card and gorgeous pink roses!!

i-3fQNq99-X2.jpg

The lovely Alex and lovely Daniel too.......❤️

i-pCtJnrT-X2.jpg

I was very touched with what they had done, and it certainly made my day as they really are so special to us. You do get to know them well in here and we do consider ourselves very lucky to have the chance to do that.

i-b7z47ZQ-X2.jpg

We sat and chatted today and several folks wished me a Happy Birthday in the lounge.....I don`t think anyone missed the cake, it was so lovely.

I joked with the gang about a tiara as I always think I`d like to wear one......and of course on a birthday....why not. Tory, one of the supervisors joked about bringing me in hers to wear, she was getting married soon and I had seen her tiara and it was absolutely gorgeous!!! Actually it looked a million times better on her than it ever would on me! But we did have a good chuckle......Tom and others often say I act like I should be wearing one.......what could they mean, I had no idea... :rolleyes1 😉

I thanked them all again for making it so special and we headed off down to the room......I did wonder what to put the flowers in though! I would come up with something later. I would pop the cake in the fridge and bring it back later and would share with the team.

Today we thought we`d go to Disney Springs and try again to see if we could like it a little more than we did before......it`s just not my favourite place but I did want to like it.

i-BD7JGLw-X2.jpg

Since the last time we were here they had added the security checks and I got the unfriendliest person checking my bag....she wasn`t rude, just incredibly dismissive and did not even acknowledge me in any way. Nice.

But, we headed in and the first thing we see is the huge balloon you can go up in. Many years ago I had thought I`d like to do it, but when I saw what you were actually standing in.....well, there is no way in heck anyone who is scared of heights could go up in that thing!!

This place is like a ghost town again......

i-NzfPP2f-X2.jpg

i-n7Ch7dw-X2.jpg

There are some very pretty areas around Disney Springs, and some very good restaurants although we have only eaten in Boathouse and it was very good. We did think we would eat somewhere here today, but we didn`t want a lot as we were going out for dinner tonight so we thought Jock Lindsey`s Hangar might work, we liked the look of what they offered and would be ideal for lunch.

So, we wandered round, popped in a few shops and bought nothing rather unusually.....then we spotted this place.

I know many folks especially folks that go to Disney a lot know this place well.....but we had never heard of it except seeing the odd reference to it, but when we saw the line we were a little bemused as to what the line was for......

Cookies :confused3

i-2vPrz8G-X2.jpg

The line stretched all the way around and I was genuinely amazed anyone would line up in that heat and sunshine with no shade for cookies. I have of course heard they were apparently very good cookies, and I`m sure they are, but maybe because I`m not a cookie person.....I don`t get it. One of the girls from the hotel told me there is one in Orlando that doesn`t have the lines this one does so that`s where they go.

i-3dB4G2J-X2.jpg

The Amphicars do look a lot of fun, but we`ve never done them, they do seem popular and everytime we`ve been here there have been several of them out.

i-29rD2ws-X2.jpg

To be honest we were a little bored, so we decided not to wait for lunch here and we headed out, but not before spotting the 4Rivers food truck, we got excited for about 2 seconds.......before spotting the it was Mexican themed.......🥴

i-64wvfhQ-S.gif

:rotfl:

i-rfmq9SZ-X2.jpg

We almost had lunch. Never mind.

i-KqbJ8gt-X2.jpg

It was time to leave for us, I don`t know how long we were here, but it wasn`t long.

Tom asked me where I wanted to have lunch, so thought for a minute and said Keke`s......it had been years since we had eaten here so why not try it again.

i-SthG7T2-X2.jpg

We went to the one near the Mall at Millenia and got parked right at the door which is unusual as this place is always packed, moreso at breakfast though.

There were a few tables left, I was surprised at how busy it was to be honest and we found the staff to be as lovely as I remembered.

It is a large menu and so many choices, more so for Tom as he likes breakfast food more than I do as I very rarely eat eggs which is always a large component of these dishes.

Tom was easy, a three meat omelette with toast, he forgot it came with breakfast potatoes and declared it too much, but I was sure I`d eat some of them.....and they were lovely.

i-5TBdd3v-X2.jpg

I opted for the BBQ chicken salad, no croutons and asked for some honey mustard dressing.....perfect mix for me....and it was lovely although they did leave on the croutons of which there were a lot, just picked them off though.

These were the best pictures I had of these dishes.....the others were very blurry and no point in posting a very blurry picture!

i-shcbPPZ-X2.jpg

The food was very good, Tom loved his omelette and my salad was as fresh as can be and the bbq flavour was lovely.

Once we paid, we headed over to Total Wine across the street. We do prefer ABC Wines but now and again we`ll pop in and see what`s new.

i-4Xb4xCZ-X2.jpg

i-kFz2J6T-X2.jpg

They have a fabulous selection of everything in here!!! I`ve never seen so many rums, gins, tequilas and vodkas.....and then there`s everything else. Spoiled for choice.

i-QzH8dKS-X2.jpg

I was intruiged by this Veil Vodka. I had never heard of it and did like the look of the flavours they had created. We love making cokctails with allsorts of flavours and liquors so we`re always looking for something different. But, this brand was ridiculously cheap and we tend to avoid cheap liquor as it tend to give you a nasty headache in the morning, but we did like the sound of the flavours.

i-h4WfTpw-X2.jpg

We didn`t buy any of the Veil in the end, although the Spicy Tamarind did catch my eye more than the others, think we might buy that next time as it`ll make a curious and interesting addition to cocktails.

This is more our type of drinks for vodka based cocktails, Ciroc, Grey Goose and Belvedere are our go to products and we have always managed to get these large bottles home safely. Lots of bubble wrap, wine protectors and lots of clothes wrapped around them.

i-hmbpXf6-X2.jpg

i-ZP9xWTW-X2.jpg

We do tend to prefer Rum cocktails, but.....well, we`ll drink most things as we`re cocktail fiends......and truthfully this is what we think we look like at home shaking our shakers......

i-xdWfSWs-S.gif

We`re really not though 🥴

We bought what we went in for and headed back home, but stopped into the store in the lobby first....and we couldn`t believe the hat that we had spent the last almost 2 weeks looking for, had been hanging there all the time. Typical.

The shop not only stocks merchandise and snacks, but they have a whole range of items for sale from pain relief to sewing kits and everything in between.

i-s8StWXt-X2.jpg

i-kBLfj24-X2.jpg

i-ZZqbvHM-X2.jpg

i-98JvqJZ-X2.jpg

i-HpgndrG-X2.jpg

More to come........

I know I wished you a Happy birthday when this was a PTR, but Happy Birthday again!

The pins must have multiple options for colors as I had a pretty blue green a few years back!

I love that they did that mini celebration for you!

If you do fancy trying something at Disney Springs, Raglan Road might be a really good option for you. I’ve never ate at the Boathouse (where the amphicars are) but I think you might like it there as well. Same for Jock Lindsay’s.

I haven’t tried Gideons so I don’t fully get the hype either (though I really want to try them). I’m also spoiled by Schmackerys in NYC and my own homemade cookies that I feel like I judge everywhere else lololololol.

I love that the liquor store got all in on Halloween!

Loving the report! We're planning to head over to Disney Springs the Saturday morning of our Royal Pacific Resort stay to have brunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'. I've never eaten there but the menu appeals! I'm not the world's biggest fan of Disney Springs (unless we're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and can take the boat over for a quick meal). It's just a lot of trouble to get there and park to only find a place to eat and spend money. World of Disney is a BIG store with lots of merchandise, but it can get really crowded at night, and I can generally find what I want in the parks.

Loving the report! We're planning to head over to Disney Springs the Saturday morning of our Royal Pacific Resort stay to have brunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'. I've never eaten there but the menu appeals! I'm not the world's biggest fan of Disney Springs (unless we're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and can take the boat over for a quick meal). It's just a lot of trouble to get there and park to only find a place to eat and spend money. World of Disney is a BIG store with lots of merchandise, but it can get really crowded at night, and I can generally find what I want in the parks.
Random (and sorry for quickly taking over the thread Carole!): Homecomin is one of the be at restaurants on Disney Property. You will love it. However do note it is a LOT of food so splitting might be a better option.

Last edited:
We picked up a box of Tylenol, usually we buy the huge box in one of the grocery stores, but hadn`t done that yet, so this would see us over and beyond of course. I don`t often take them but they`re handy to have around if one indulges in too much champagne perchance....... not me of course 😘

We get into our suite and we`ve had a bottle of champagne delivered and some chocolate strawberries which we love!!! There were also a couple more personal cards too which was lovely.

I did love the words Alex had written on the card....I knew I needed a crown.......lol.........☺️

i-6kjghVJ-X2.jpg

I called Kyle on Facetime and it was lovely chatting with him, I missed my birthday hug of course from him, but seeing him now was fun. We were chatting away when the door knocked.....Tom opened it and it was Raphael and Trisha both in Superhero/Charlie`s Angels poses.....and were delivering more birthday balloons......how lovely!!!

They came in and both "met" Kyle over FT.....lol......they chatted and then headed down to the lounge where we said we`d be down soon......we finished off chatting with Kyle and took another picture with the extra balloons.

The Champagne was a gift from Bri from the HRH who we had gone over to see and the strawberries were from the Club Lounge.....we devoured them!!!

My makeshift vase for the flowers was an empty fresh orange juice bottle, I washed it out and covered it with white tissues.....looked alright, you couldn`t see the label at all. And those flowers lasted more than a week, they were lovely.

i-pSQBSbv-X2.jpg

They had put up a birthday banner too, but with the light you can`t really see it very well......

i-SmPJ9SP-X2.jpg

We went down for a slice of cake and a couple of glasses of sparkly when it was 5pm before we left to get showered and changed......and as always the lovely Raphael found a cake slicer and we cut into that lovely cake.

i-Jd45NsF-X2.jpg

i-4pKKZS7-X2.jpg

We didn`t have a huge slice, but it was so lovely.....very fresh and light. I do love cake that`s not chocolate cake!!! It`s funny I have a husband and son who adore the richest, thickest, sweetest chocolate cake ever......and I don`t like chocolate cake in any form. They`re quite happy as I never look for any......

i-x2T3d9S-X2.jpg

It was difficult to not eat more, but we told everyone to share it as it wouldn`t be as fresh tomorrow and we`d rather it was enjoyed while still as fresh.

We had a couple of glasses of birthday bubbly, chatted, laughed and then went back to our room to get changed to head out to dinner. We were going back to Eddie V`s tonight again, so once we were ready we went down to the lobby and ordered our Uber....we were loving this!!! It would take 7 minutes tonight.....think that was the longest we`d waited so far but gave us time to wander round and see how deserted it looked tonight.....and rather unusually out front was almost deserted too....

i-hC5vxXp-X2.jpg

i-9k8WH2k-X2.jpg

Our Uber driver barely spoke English tonight, which was fine, as long as he took us to where we were going safely, we were good.

And again, he did.

We were right on time for our reservation tonight, and again they had been informed it was my birthday, so we again got a lovely table by the window and it was decorated with gold sparkly circles tonight with a card already on the table. This is such a lovely restaurant.

i-3kbhFLD-X2.jpg

Our water waiter topped up our glasses and then we had Amy looking after us tonight, we had met her several times before and she is lovely, I think she had worked here a long time and was incredibly professional but so friendly.

We ordered a bottle of Sonoma Cutrer which we both enjoy, Tom asked if I wanted champagne, but white wine would be lovely for dinner tonight. As we waited on the wine, our bread service arrived and this was different from previous trips, it was more like a Foccacia but a little harder. It was nice and the butter is very nice too, it`s hard not to eat too much!

i-jmwRfZF-X2.jpg

i-SHdJxts-X2.jpg

i-qg646f9-X2.jpg

I opted for the Ahi Tartare for my appetiser, but did wonder about getting oysters again......I was torn while Tom was silently praying I didn`t choose oysters. Love that man!!!

Much as though I love the Ahi Tartare, I decided I`d still like a couple of oysters.....well, it is my birthday!!!! So, I still choose my appetiser but also asked for 3 Katama Bay oysters as I hadn`t tried them before......Tom disguised a frown with a huge beaming smile......lol....

i-8VhmzRt-X2.jpg

The Tartare was beautiful, I loved every taste of it and it was balanced well with the avocado, mango, citrus with a tiny hint of curry and a very light misting of sesame oil which I love. I think this was up there as one of my all time favourite appetisers, but there were a good few challenges to that accolade!!

The oysters were sublime. I did offer one to Tom hoping and knowing he would say no.....lol.....being honest I could have eaten a dozen of these! Again I only used the lemon as that was all those little suckers needed!

i-QsdbZMz-X2.jpg

Tom chose his favourite Lobster Bisque again. This is one of his favourites anywhere and this one is his favourite and doesn`t give him grief later the way The Palm one did. I have no idea what they put in different to others, but it`s the only one that bothers him of all the high end restaurants. And there is quite a lot of lobster in that Bisque.

But, clean plates all round for the appetisers.

i-CZzgphd-X2.jpg

i-KkQW44L-X2.jpg

We did enjoy our wine and sipped it as we waited for the next course and we loved that you really aren`t rushed here, that`s our favourite type of dining, relaxed and carefully timed out so you`re not rushed.

Tom went for the 12oz Filet, medium rare and again you can`t really see the size as it is quite large, but looks much smaller in the picture. And this again was cooked to perfection and medium rare all the way through, not just the middle part. They really do know how to prepare and cook steaks here, and they are so tasty without being over salted which some places can do sometimes.

I knew I`d be having a little piece of this steak tonight!!!

i-h5kgDH5-X2.jpg

Tonight, I decided not to get my usual steak, and it was a tough decision as they really are perfect here, but I liked the sound of the Georges Bank Scallops, they were briefly sauteed with citrus fruit, roasted almonds which I omitted as I don`t like nuts in dishes and brown butter....and they were absolutely beautiful. Scallops are notorious for being easy to overcook if you`re not careful, as I had experienced once in the past but not tonight, they were gorgeous.

i-s8zv9fh-X2.jpg

Again, we opted to have the Crab Fried Rice......oh lordy.....I ate far too much of this for someone who doesn`t really like rice!!! Tom had already picked off some crab before getting a picture and again this was the butteriest, tastiest rice I had ever encountered. They should make it a meal and add a few more ingredients as it is beautiful.

i-g6DNBhq-X2.jpg

Everything had been amazing, the steak was beyond what we both love in a Filet and the Scallops with the rice were, yes, I use that word again....perfect.

The manager came over at this point to check everything had been ok for our special evening.......Tom smiled and said well Carole`s special night......lol......

Tom does say this is my tongue in cheek catchphrase....... 😉

i-SRFvks2-S.gif

He might not be altogether wrong!!! :rolleyes1

The manager was lovely, he knew we had been here several times and was so glad we had enjoyed it again, nice man, not the fake corporate nice you get in some places, it was nice to chat to him tonight.

We seriously had no room for dessert......again......but of course we did get their signature celebration dessert which is such a lovely touch as they set it alight tableside and it`s a nice little show too. And Amy had been so sweet, we really couldn`t turn it down......

I ate the ice cream again.......Tom manged the sample size of Bananas Foster, well, some of it as it very rich.

i-mwhkVr7-X2.jpg

We`d had the most wonderful meal here again tonight, everything had been impeccable from the moment we arrived and this is why this place is one of the best around.

We ordered our Uber and it was practically outside when we clicked on it....it showed one minute away......turns out she had been dropping off at Rocco`s Tacos.....ideal.

Back home and we had promised we would come into Strong Water, but we wouldn`t be having any dessert tonight, we were stuffed.

But, we did have room for Carole`s Punch which as Anthony was in tonight it was perfect....they realised what had been missing from his txt of the recipe when he was off. These were gorgeous again.

Anthony also made me a lovely cup of tea as I really wanted one after such a lovely dinner. He really is a star with his creations and I was so proud of what he had come up with for me.

i-nV8JbJX-X2.jpg

Fernando came over to join us for the evening and he brought with him a special bottle of Scottish Rum we had brought over for him.....first time we brought one, no one believed Scotland produced Rum, and very nice it is too.

Because it was my birthday he was opening it, he wanted to wait for us to join them, we had told him he didn`t need to do that, but it was going to be nice tasting it together along with Anthony and I think Magge had a taste too, she also knows rums amazingly well.

i-4XC898W-X2.jpg

We must have sat for the longest time, not that we sat drinking that bottle, that`s going to be savoured......but we chatted again and time passed so quickly. We adore Fernando and spending anytime with him is always so lovely. It`s always lovely how all the staff come over to say hello or give a wave, it is such a friendly and welcoming place for everyone.

From memory I think Anthony made a couple of cocktails for some reason..but we didn`t take pictures and I don`t remember what they were....sometimes if I don`t write it down........:upsidedow

We said our goodnights to everyone and headed back over to RP.....that walk does seem longer after wine and cocktails.....but soon we were tucked up in bed and ready for our next day.

And we were looking forward to the next day as our friends Matt and Rob were arriving at RP!!!! We were so excited for them to arrive!!!

I know I wished you a Happy birthday when this was a PTR, but Happy Birthday again!

The pins must have multiple options for colors as I had a pretty blue green a few years back!

I love that they did that mini celebration for you!

If you do fancy trying something at Disney Springs, Raglan Road might be a really good option for you. I’ve never ate at the Boathouse (where the amphicars are) but I think you might like it there as well. Same for Jock Lindsay’s.

I haven’t tried Gideons so I don’t fully get the hype either (though I really want to try them). I’m also spoiled by Schmackerys in NYC and my own homemade cookies that I feel like I judge everywhere else lololololol.

I love that the liquor store got all in on Halloween!

Thank you :flower3:

Raglan Road is not a place we`ll go, don`t like it at all, but we will try Jock Lindsays someday too.

I can`t see why anyone would get so excited over a cookie.....but, they do seem very popular. I`ll never know.

That store gets into the spirit of most Holidays I think, it is a fabulous store with amamzing stock.

Random (and sorry for quickly taking over the thread Carole!): Homecomin is one of the be at restaurants on Disney Property. You will love it. However do note it is a LOT of food so splitting might be a better option.

No worries BH......I do like the sound of Homecomin too.

I wish we did like DS a little more....yes, I think we always visit when it`s quiet, but it just doesn`t appeal enough to go at night. I hope you like Homecomin, let us know what it`s like.....

P.S. Have you ever had brunch at Toothsome? That's on my list for Sunday!

I`m not the biggest fan of a lot of restaurants in Citywalk to be honest, they`ll never ask me to promote it that`s for sure.....lol......

Toothsome I think is seriously overrated, food was mediocre at best and I haven`t heard anyone I know "personally" that liked it. Many folks do love it though. Tom liked the burger, but you can get a burger anywhere. But, no we`ve never gone there for brunch.

To be honest the only restaurants we will eat in there are Vivo which I think is the best one there, and Margaritaville....not top notch food, but usually decent and good portions.

Thank you! And apologies for the sidebar, Carole!

No worries Cara, ask away, it`s nice to get other opinions....... ☺️

Thank you :flower3:

Raglan Road is not a place we`ll go, don`t like it at all, but we will try Jock Lindsays someday too.

I can`t see why anyone would get so excited over a cookie.....but, they do seem very popular. I`ll never know.

That store gets into the spirit of most Holidays I think, it is a fabulous store with amamzing stock.

No worries BH......I do like the sound of Homecomin too.
I think you would enjoy Homecomin but it is a LOT of food. Splitting would be better (the Local is also an amazing rum drink!)

As an American, I speak for a large amount of us when I say we freak out over cookies 🤣 it’s all in how you bake them. PLUS they sell cake slices which I think a lot more people enjoy between splitting them and not having to purchase a whole cake.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to Raglan I really should try it again. I need to try Jock Lindsay's!

And now I need to try this Scottish rum!

I think you would enjoy Homecomin but it is a LOT of food. Splitting would be better (the Local is also an amazing rum drink!)

As an American, I speak for a large amount of us when I say we freak out over cookies 🤣 it’s all in how you bake them. PLUS they sell cake slices which I think a lot more people enjoy between splitting them and not having to purchase a whole cake.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to Raglan I really should try it again. I need to try Jock Lindsay's!

And now I need to try this Scottish rum!

Oh the UK are the same with cookies/baked goods....and doughnuts too!!

I think that was our last visit to Downtown Disney......there`s nothing there we can`t get elsewhere, I`m glad we got to go to Boathouse though.

You won`t be able to buy the Scottish rum, it was a gift for Fernando, so it`s not for sale in the bar. But, if you ever get a chance to try some Scottish rum, you`d like it I think, it`s a little sweeter than most, but I think that only enhances everything together.

I think that was our last visit to Downtown Disney......there`s nothing there we can`t get elsewhere, I`m glad we got to go to Boathouse though.

You won`t be able to buy the Scottish rum, it was a gift for Fernando, so it`s not for sale in the bar. But, if you ever get a chance to try some Scottish rum, you`d like it I think, it`s a little sweeter than most, but I think that only enhances everything together.
Mmmmmmm doughnuts😍

I still haven’t tried Boathouse lol-I just know from what others have said that it suits some and not others. I do want that drink with the rubber duck though.

I love when something enhances a drink or a dish. Sometimes it’s that one little thing that makes the whole difference!

Surprised to see Monsters won best house of the year.....and but, Graveyard did win scare zone of the year, it was amazing.
Such a fever on Twitter as to HoY being something solely for TMs…how dare we guests worry our heads about it

Spare me lol
I`m going to guess squidward is part of the sponegbob show......lol....never seen one episode!!
Must rectify
It was indeed my birthday today.
All hail the Queen!
The oysters were sublime.
Ok, now I’m drooling
still haven’t tried Boathouse lol-I just know from what others have said that it suits some and not others. I do want that drink with the rubber duck though.
They have some of the best seafood I’ve eaten in Orlando area, including Small but delicious oysters

Can vouch for the Duck Duck Razz

Mmmmmmm doughnuts😍

I still haven’t tried Boathouse lol-I just know from what others have said that it suits some and not others. I do want that drink with the rubber duck though.

I love when something enhances a drink or a dish. Sometimes it’s that one little thing that makes the whole difference!

It certainly is the little things that can make a difference. Rum Mules are completely different if you omit the fresh lime juice.....

Boathouse is excellent and probably the only reason I`ll ever go back.

yes, doughnuts.......luvverly.......

Such a fever on Twitter as to HoY being something solely for TMs…how dare we guests worry our heads about it

Spare me lol

Must rectify

All hail the Queen!

Ok, now I’m drooling

They have some of the best seafood I’ve eaten in Orlando area, including Small but delicious oysters

Can vouch for the Duck Duck Razz

I just spent ages wondering what the Duck Duck Razz was......lol....I know now!

Yes, it was a TM who mentioned it to me knowing we`d be interested.....I think our opinion is just as important!!!

Those oysters were amazing!! Tom would say differently of course......lol. I`m kinda glad in a selfish way he doesn`t like them.......I`m bad!!

All hail the Queen indeed........I need that on a shirt..... ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter