Happily Ever After in the Happiest Place on Earth! My First TR- 9/6-9/12 **COMPLETE 1/23**

I'm here, I'm here! :cutie:

Yay!! I'm excited :D

Ahem. FORMER forum lurker. ;)

I'm doing my best :D

Did you ride the Green or Orange side? :scratchin

I ride the orange side, but this one was intense!!

I'm really glad to get it to see it again before it going into refurb, then again when it's all done! :goodvibes

I'm sad we won't get to it before the refurb, but I'm so excited to see how it looks after!!

Oh my goodness, those rolls and that honey butter... :cloud9:

I know! I keep trying to figure out how to get back sooner than May :P

I want that glass! It's a goal for my next trip, I think! And rum is best buddy in the liquor world :rotfl:

It's fabulous! And so cute :D :D

Glad you're tagging along for this report :)

Day 4 - Animal Kingdom and more EPCOT
Chefs de France, Top of the World Lounge

I'm not sure how it's been a MONTH since I updated here! :headache:

But I'm back for another day of Disney fun! We've been busy planning a short December trip (23 days!) as well as getting ADRs and park plans ready for our May 2016 trip, so the one we already did kind of took a back seat :P

We thought about trying to make Animal Kingdom’s Extra magic hours today, but decided to sleep a little instead! Our first fastpass was for the safari at 9:55 - we saw quite a few animals - zebra and giraffe and a few other things, and a lioness. A lot of the animals were already taking shelter from the heat though, it was a scorcher and super humid!

After the safari we headed to Asia for an encounter with a Yeti. I just love this ride! The fastpass line didn’t take long at all, and we had a great time :D At this point, it was only 10:40, but we didn’t really eat much breakfast so we were both starving.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7457237343.jpeg

(Will might kill me for posting this - but he makes the most hilarious picture faces! Not that mine is great :P)

We grabbed lunch at the Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe and both enjoyed it a lot. This isn’t anything super fancy or special - it’s a lot like food court chinese - but we both like that kind of thing :P. Will got the Honey chicken and I got the other chicken dish (I think it was the Korean Barbecue Chicken). One thing we both liked was that the meals now come in bowls! The takeout containers were cool looking, but it was difficult to actually mix anything up in them. So these bowls were awesome. They still have takeout containers for chicken fried rice if you want that though :)

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

After our lunch and saying hi to the local ducks hanging out around our table, it was time for Kali River Rapids. This fastpass was definitely worth it, and the water helped cool us off, though maybe a little too much! We weren’t the wettest in the boat, but it was close :P

That was our third fastpass, so we quickly grabbed a Dinosaur fourth fastpass and headed over. I love love love this ride! It still kind of creeps me out because you can’t see much of anything, but it’s super fun :D

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7457321751.jpeg

At this point, it was getting very hot in Animal Kingdom - we decided to check on an Everest fastpass, but there weren’t any at good times. So we had a good show at It’s Tough to Be a Bug and headed back to the Boardwalk to make our 5:30 reservations at Chefs de France! But not before taking a few pictures in front of the Tree of Life :)

AK_TRPLAZARIGHT_7457345870.jpeg

AK_TRPLAZARIGHT_7457445507.jpeg

We chilled at the hotel for a little bit, changed clothes (dealt with a fire alarm test) and headed into EPCOT. Got a fastpass for Test Track and made our way (very slowly) over there. Super fun ride, though I have to say the FP line was pretty lengthy because of the pre-show and car design parts. After our thrilling speed test, we headed back to World Showcase and looked in a few stores before checking in at Chefs de France

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7457661735.jpeg

Le Chefs de France Review

This restaurant is a special one for both of us - in May 2014, I took a trip to Disney World with Will's family. It was our first big trip together, and my first time being with his family for an extended period of time. But I was SO EXCITED because I love Disney - and I hadn't been in a few years at this point, and hadn't thought I'd be going back any time soon.

While we were planning everything, we decided it would be fun to have a nice dinner with just the two of us. After looking around the Epcot menus, we decided on Chefs de France - it seemed fancy, romantic, and had food we couldn't easily get at home. Perfect! We even decided to dress up a little and make it a fun evening.

10369222_10203332387483504_5502690893930841911_n.jpg

Well, to make long story short - after a very romantic, delicious dinner at Chefs de France, we walked along the Boardwalk for a while and stopped at the Wedding Pavilion - where Will proposed! Little did I know he had carried a ring box in his sock to make sure I didn't see it :P

So needless to say, we had to revisit this restaurant on our honeymoon :D We were seated in a side room that was kind of like an indoor porch - it had windows, so it was a great place for people watching as we ate.

We bot got exactly the same thing we had gotten a year before. We ordered off the fixed price menu and picked soups (lobster bisque for me and french onion for Will):

IMG_1688.JPG

So good! The bisque was just as rich and delicious as I remembered, and Will loved his soup too. The bread that came with the meal was warm, super crusty on the outside but soft on the inside. Perfect!

Then, we both got the braised beef with carrots and polenta. Apparently this used to be served with pasta, but we both think the polenta is a great accompaniment. Everything on this plate was seriously amazing:

IMG_1691.JPG

And after all that, there was still dessert! I felt really bad not finishing my beef, but I knew I wanted my dessert too :P

I got the creme brulee:

IMG_1692.JPG

Easily my favorite Disney dessert - it's fabulous! A nice caramelized sugar taste, but the cream is still nice and cool. A perfect ending to this awesome meal.

Will got the profiteroles (he is a little obsessed with them after having some on a study abroad trip):

IMG_1693.JPG

These are great, but in my opinion they're no match for the creme brulee :P

Overall, we thought this dinner was just as wonderful and delicious as the first one. Our servers were very attentive, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was great. Absolutely worth the money!

We had to get another France picture after dinner:

EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_7457753573.jpeg

Later in the evening, we decided to watch Wishes from Bay Lake - I had a super yummy drink (Pina CoLava) and the view was fantastic, but the music wasn't working. I wonder if it is a bug that happens very often - it happened last time we were there too, and I'm planning on taking my mom here in May. I'm really hoping it isn't a common thing. We enjoyed this, but are planning on a more efficient travel plan for May - it took a really long time to get back to the Boardwalk since there is no bus from the TTC. We ended up getting a bus from the Magic Kingdom I think - but I really don't remember :P

All in all, this was another wonderful day!

Next up, more Magic Kingdom (yes!!) :wave2:

Looks like you all had a great day at AK. Haven't done Yak n Yeti counter service in a few years, but your pics reminded me how good it can be.

Your Chefs meal looks delicious and what great memories you all had to relive again. I didn't even know they had a price fix option, which looks like a great deal. Could totally devour some of that beef right about now. Meat braised is a wonderful thing

MMMmmm, your Chefs de France pictures look amazing. The lobster bisque and braised short ribs were what I had when eating there last fall (I got the sorbets for dessert) and what I plan to get again on our upcoming December trip. Can't wait, we decided Chefs de France would be the perfect meal to begin our trip with since we loved it so much the previous year!

Your Chefs de France photos have made me WAY too hungry for 10:37am! Delicious! (The one time we ate there, for my birthday dinner in 2009, the food was amaaaaaazing, but the service was A-W-F-U-L. So I've never been back.)

I love love love that blue dress! You look gorgeous! princess:

Looks like you all had a great day at AK. Haven't done Yak n Yeti counter service in a few years, but your pics reminded me how good it can be.

Your Chefs meal looks delicious and what great memories you all had to relive again. I didn't even know they had a price fix option, which looks like a great deal. Could totally devour some of that beef right about now. Meat braised is a wonderful thing

Yes, we had a lot of fun! We didn't do a lot of the trails or other things we like because it was so hot, but we did hit all the big stuff (except Lion King, which I'm determined to see at some point).

I think the fixed price menu is really great - it is about $40/person or so (don't think drinks are included), you have a pretty decent number of options, and for a fancy dinner in Epcot I think that's a steal! Especially since we haven't yet wanted to pay the price for Signature dining :P

MMMmmm, your Chefs de France pictures look amazing. The lobster bisque and braised short ribs were what I had when eating there last fall (I got the sorbets for dessert) and what I plan to get again on our upcoming December trip. Can't wait, we decided Chefs de France would be the perfect meal to begin our trip with since we loved it so much the previous year!

I'm already trying to figure out when we can go again! I'm thinking about trying it for lunch so I can get the macaroni and cheese, plus lunch has an AP discount :) :)

Your Chefs de France photos have made me WAY too hungry for 10:37am! Delicious! (The one time we ate there, for my birthday dinner in 2009, the food was amaaaaaazing, but the service was A-W-F-U-L. So I've never been back.)

I love love love that blue dress! You look gorgeous! princess:

Aww, thanks! I do like blue a lot :P

And the service was somewhat less attentive this time around, but really nothing to complain about. I've heard different reviews, but we've had pretty good servers both times. But I definitely understand how a bad experience can make you want to do other things! Will's family had a bad lunch at Pecos Bill's one time and they still haven't been back :P

Wow! I just realized I definitely need to get this show on the road! We're leaving for a very short Disney trip on Monday, so I figured I should definitely get an update in before then :) I'll probably post a mini-TR on my Pre-trip report for May :) This trip is a little short for its own thread I think.

Magic Kingdom, Day 2 - and some Downtown Disney/Disney Springs

Our next day was the Magic Kingdom early EMH day! We got up and headed out of the Boardwalk around 7:15 or so - I was impressed with us! We aren't really the best morning people ever. However, we wanted to see the welcome show, so the early wakeup call was totally worth it :) Once we got on the bus, we were pretty excited that it didn’t stop at Swan or Dolphin on the way and just went straight to the Magic Kingdom!

We got through bag check, and an announcement said the show would be starting in like 5 minutes! This was probably around 7:35 or 7:40, so we were surprised! Glad we got ourselves moving and caught the bus or we would have been late. I love this show - it makes me so happy and excited to watch everyone come in on the train :) I am going to push for an MK day first next trip I think. I love Epcot, but it doesn’t really feel like I’m at Disney until I see the castle :P

We were super efficient with the EMHs. We headed straight for Peter Pan while I’m pretty sure most of the park went for Mine Train. We walked right on, through the awesome new queue line - still wouldn’t want to stand in it long! We headed over to Tomorrowland and did Astro Orbiter while the wait was still relatively short. Then we rode Winnie the Pooh again (one of my favorites) and did the teacups and carousel. That was basically all we hadn’t done our previous day, so we felt pretty good about this strategy.

We both decided we needed a snack before our 12:15 lunch at Be Our Guest, so we stopped by Gaston’s for some LeFou’s Brew, chocolate croissant, and a giant cinnamon roll. The cast member checking us out said it was on Mickey! So we were pretty excited about that :)

IMG_1694.JPG

I loved the LeFou’s Brew - it was somewhat sweet but not too sweet, a lot of apple juice taste in mine. Will’s however was very sweet and seemed to have more of the marshmallow flavor. So I think this may depend on who mixes your drink, because I liked mine a lot but probably couldn’t have finished one as sweet as his. The croissant was very yummy, but my goal was the giant cinnamon roll. This was huge, and if Will liked cinnamon rolls, we definitely could have shared. The caramel on top was really good, and I ended up eating a lot of the top and leaving some of the middle out because it was so giant. Overall, this was a great snack - even better when you don’t have to pay for it :P

Once we ate our snacks, it was basically time for the Mine Train. We both loved this ride the second time too! It’s pretty fast and fun, and I love the cottage and the mine scenes.

MK_MINETRAIN_7457989752.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7457989816.jpeg

I think at this point we went into Philharmagic again because it was just so hot outside. This show is great too, and I still loved it the second time. Plus, it’s freezing in there, so it’s a good way to get out of the heat!

We still had a bit until our Splash Mountain FPs, so we decided to do a few other things - the Little Mermaid ride and Country Bears for a second time - I love how ridiculous this show is :) We also went into the Hall of Presidents for the first time in forever for both of us. This show was actually really good! Super patriotic and cheesy, but I enjoyed it.

Then we went to Splash Mountain and got quite wet in the front - but not as bad as expected! My face on all these pictures is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the guys behind us!

MK_SPLASH_7458071954.jpeg

At 12:15, it was time for our Be Our Guest reservation - I know we headed over to Dumbo and did a few other things, but can’t remember exactly what now. Back to BOG lunch. Right outside the Beast's castle, we got some really adorable Photopass pictures:

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7458002923.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7458001957.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7458004574.jpeg

And one with Lumiere!

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7458002916.jpeg

We had pre-ordered our food, so once we checked in it was very quick. We just scanned our magicbands and grabbing a table. Very crowded, especially in the West Wing, but we got a seat in the portrait room - apparently called the Rose Gallery. It was super cool!

IMG_1695.JPG

Food was excellent and came out incredibly fast. My sandwich was too big for me to eat all of since we had ordered dessert. Will got the pork, which was really good and huge too - and very high quality for a quick service place! The fries were tasty, and the desserts were very good. The strawberry cream cheese cupcake was wonderful - I could go for another one! I debated about getting the grey stuff, but I’m not a huge fan of chocolate cake, so I went for the strawberry. My only slight complaint was that the cupcake wrapper was impossible to actually get off the cupcake, so I had to kind of dig it out with a fork.

You can’t beat this for a quick service place - we were in, had our food, and had eaten by about 12:35. We did check in a little early and also ate fast because we were hungry, but it was pretty awesome service and speed. Quick service indeed :P We're going back for lunch in May, and I can't wait :)

IMG_1700.JPG

(trying to take a selfie somewhat unsuccessfully)

After lunch we rode Haunted Mansion again - Will had tried to video our first run-through unsuccessfully, so he wanted to do one where we could just enjoy the ride. We got a few funny pictures outside, too:

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_7458196566.jpeg

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_7458196569.jpeg

(I am really bad at looking scared apparently)

At this point, it was hot and we decided to just head back to the resort. I took a nap for a little while after our late night and early morning. We ended up going around Downtown Disney and eating at T-Rex for dinner.

Got the appetizer sampler since I was hungry, but not crazy hungry - we may have gotten Ghirardelli ice cream as a snack :P.

IMG_1704.JPG

Pretty sure I got cookie cough - and Will got rocky road with the chocolate waffle bowl. So yummy!

For dinner, Will got the mushroom ravioli in lobster sauce. Both were very good and reasonably priced for a sit-down place in Disney.

IMG_1706.JPG

(hard to see - this had chips with queso and another dip, onion rings, about half a quesadilla, and some really great bruschetta too!)

IMG_1707.JPG

Ravioli tasted awesome - these food pictures aren't flattering, but we really enjoyed this meal!

The atmosphere was super cool and our waiter was great too. Awesome meal, and we had a lot of fun browsing around the shops and seeing all the new construction at DTD. Made it a somewhat early night and hung out in the room - we were both still pretty tired and decided to take it easy the next day and enjoy our last day at Disney. I was super excited because we were having breakfast with my favorite characters - Winnie the Pooh and Friends!

Really enjoying your TR.
Awesome pics.
Enjoy your mini trip!

Thanks so much!

I am hoping to be able to upgrade our APs to the Gold pass when we go, so hopefully I'll have some cute Christmas pics soon, too :) You'll definitely see these Mickey shirts again - we love them, and haven't found another good pair of shirts that aren't too "matchy matchy" yet :)

What a great food day. Gastons, Be Our Guest, and some Ghirardelli to boot. Sounds like a great day. And love your Haunted Mansion photos. Had no idea they did the magic hitchhiker shots. So cool

Our next day was the Magic Kingdom early EMH day! We got up and headed out of the Boardwalk around 7:15 or so - I was impressed with us! We aren't really the best morning people ever. However, we wanted to see the welcome show, so the early wakeup call was totally worth it :)
I'm not a morning person AT ALL unless I'm seeing it from the wrong end... I'm total night owl! But at Disney, that allllll changes. Then I'm up with the chickens, wide awake, and ready to goooo!

I am going to push for an MK day first next trip I think. I love Epcot, but it doesn’t really feel like I’m at Disney until I see the castle :P
YES. THIS. While Epcot is my favorite park, I still HAVE to go to Magic Kingdom first thing... It just doesn't feel like I'm really there until I see the castle and take that first stroll down Main Street USA!

The cast member checking us out said it was on Mickey! So we were pretty excited about that :)
Say whaaaaat! That's AWESOME!

Gah, I'm so glad you posted this! The LeFou's Brew and the cinnamon roll are definitely on my "MUST EAT!" list for my next trip! They look SO GOOD.

I loved the LeFou’s Brew - it was somewhat sweet but not too sweet, a lot of apple juice taste in mine. Will’s however was very sweet and seemed to have more of the marshmallow flavor. So I think this may depend on who mixes your drink, because I liked mine a lot but probably couldn’t have finished one as sweet as his.
Oooh, good to know. It sounds like I would like Will's better. Maybe when I finally order one, I should ask for extra marshmallow!

Once we ate our snacks, it was basically time for the Mine Train. We both loved this ride the second time too! It’s pretty fast and fun, and I love the cottage and the mine scenes.

MK_MINETRAIN_7457989752.jpeg
You two are TOO CUTE!

STILL too cute! (And when I sat in the front in April, I got SOAKED!!!)

Right outside the Beast's castle, we got some really adorable Photopass pictures:
TOO. FREAKIN'. CUTE.

(I am really bad at looking scared apparently)
It's hard to look scared when you're just that dang happy!

OK, I know I have been super super bad about updating this TR! Sorry :/

However, I looked at my handy dandy Disney calendar today, and we are 9 days out from our very short weekend at Epcot!!

So I obviously need to get a move on. I'm going to try to update this a couple of times this week/weekend, and need to start our mini Christmas TR on my PTR thread :)

Thanks for following along despite my failure at updating!

OK, I know I have been super super bad about updating this TR! Sorry :/
I'm so glad! I've been super super bad at keeping up with the threads that I follow lately! I'm so relieved that I didn't miss much here! :laughing: Go on, take as much time as you need!

However, I looked at my handy dandy Disney calendar today, and we are 9 days out from our very short weekend at Epcot!!
I'm a peanut butter and jealous sandwich!! :eek:

We are back from our December trip, our giant road trip for the holidays, and now school has gotten back on a regular schedule - no big breaks until Spring Break for us, so I can get back to important stuff like my Trip Reports :)

We had a great holiday, were able to visit my family in Arkansas and Will's in South Carolina - and we spent a few days in Disney so you really can't beat that. I'm teaching again this semester, but a more interesting class and only one section, so I feel like work is much more manageable right now. But enough about life - onto the last day of our wonderful and amazing honeymoon :(

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom Morning, Crystal Palace Review

We were up bright and early to make our pre-park Crystal Palace reservations! I was so so excited for this. My favorite character is Winnie the Pooh, so when I found out there was a restaurant where you could meet them I knew we had to go. The Winnie and Tigger meet and greet was basically the only line we stood in on our previous trip to Disney, so being able to eat and meet characters seemed like a great use of our time. Plus, Will had always wanted to be one of the "special people" who get into the Magic Kingdom early (and it was awesome!)

Our bus only stopped at the Boardwalk, not the Swan or Dolphin, which was awesome. We were able to get into the park easily 30 minutes or so before our reservation time. Main Street was definitely pretty deserted - not totally empty, but way better than usual. We got some pictures with the halloween decorations and a few with the Castle. The closer you got to the Partners statue, the fewer people there were. Our Photopass person wasn't my favorite, and these didn't end up being my favorite pictures, but I was glad we got them. I usually wear a cardigan with my spaghetti strap tops, but it was too dang hot! Kind of wish I'd kept it on for pictures, but whatever. The girl taking pictures seemed to be annoyed that we were having her take our picture, which was a little frustrating. But then again, you never know what is going on with another person, so I try not to be too harsh.

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7458706695.jpeg

MK_PARTLEFT_7458705129.jpeg

Then we went and checked in to Crystal Palace!

I have to say, I loved the atmosphere here. The restaurant is beautiful - tons of sunlight, some really nice flowers and greenery, and we had really great servers who were attentive and seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs, which is always a plus to me! I also loved seeing all the smaller kids around the restaurant get so excited about the characters. Not that I wasn't excited - I was basically like a kid here, and I loved the characters!

DSCN0414.JPG

(super excited!)

We were seated around 8:30 or so and got to see Pooh and Piglet almost immediately.

DSCN0416.JPG

DSCN0419.JPG

DSCN0422.JPG

I'm thinking this one needs to be a profile picture for me :)

Then we went and grabbed our first plates while Tigger was making the rounds. This was a good breakfast buffet - they had the usual eggs and Mickey waffles, etc. but the puffed french toast was awesome. There were also two kinds of potatoes, a frittata, and smoked salmon along with a good assortment of fruits and pastries. We both loved the Mickey waffles (of course) as well as the puffed French Toast. We thought the breakfast lasagna was really good too - definitely different, and Will liked the banana parts more than the raspberry ones, but I would love to know how to make this at home!

IMG_1708.JPG

I think this is my first plate - in the bowl is the breakfast lasagna, then bacon, some breakfast pizza, a biscuit of some sort, and a bit of both potato dishes.

IMG_1709.JPG

Then the sweet stuff! Regular pancake, puffed french toast, and a Mickey waffle. I loved the strawberry topping - yummy!

IMG_1710.JPG

Will's plate - a lot of the same stuff, but he also went for biscuits and gravy, some kind of hash, and the scrambled eggs. Everything was really yummy.

We saw Tigger and got second helpings while waiting for Eeyore - there was also a kids parade during this time when they played music from Winnie the Pooh and it was awesome!

DSCN0425.JPG

DSCN0424.JPG

I love this one - they're so cute!

IMG_1711.JPG

My second plate - smoked salmon, more potatoes, fruit, cheese, and some sausage. All good! I was super stuffed after this meal.

After a while, our waiter got a cast member to take us to get pictures with Eeyore - he was still on the other side of the restaurant and I’m sure they wanted the table space for other guests. We quickly got a picture with Eeyore and headed out to the park. Overall, I loved this breakfast. It was pricy, but I had a great time seeing Winnie and the gang. However, for the character interaction I would probably go for Garden Grill again. The breakfast at Crystal Palace is really good, but I thought we got a better value at GG because of the number of times we saw the characters and how interactive they were with us.

When I first got back, I said that I thought CP would be a "sometimes" for us. I think it probably still will be just because we want to eat at so many other places. However, I keep thinking about this meal and how fun it was, so I think I'll be pushing for us to go again sooner rather than later :)

After breakfast we actually decided it was time to just head out of the park for the day. We stopped by and got me a new Mickey necklace at one of the Main Street Stores. At first we planned to just go to the Boardwalk, but we decided on whim to explore Wilderness Lodge. This place is amazing! We tried to see a DVC studio, but they didn't have any empty ones at the moment. We explored the restaurants, pool area, and generally enjoyed the peaceful feeling of this resort and the wonderful theming. After the construction dies down a little, this is definitely a must-stay place on my list :)

We decided to head to TTC via an Epcot bus from the Wilderness lodge. Probably took longer than we really wanted, but we needed to get the car. After we got back to the Boardwalk we decided to swim in the pool and spend the rest of the day relaxing. Had a lot of fun - I'm not usually a pool person, but was really nice to have a person to swim with and just to enjoy the cool water after a very warm morning.

Next up, dinner at Downtown Disney and a review of Paradiso 37.

Downtown Disney Evening

Pretty sure my notes got really slim here, so the end of this report will be very short!

We had dinner reservations at Downtown Disney (oops, Disney Springs) again, so after we got freshened up and relaxed in the room for a bit, we headed over there. We had made this reservation on a whim, and chose Paradiso 37 based on price and menu (and availability). We both really enjoyed this restaurant. It's not super "themed," but the decor is nice and our server was really great. Like at T-Rex, I wasn't really feeling anything on the entree menu, so I got a huge order of delicious nachos and Will got the pineapple bacon burger.

IMG_1713.JPG

Menu description of the burger

IMG_1714.JPG

I went with the P37 Nachos

And man, was this food good. The nachos were ridiculously huge:

IMG_1715.JPG

This picture doesn't do them justice - I ate about half of this, and it was so much food!

IMG_1716.JPG

Again, not the best picture. But this was super good. Will really enjoyed it!

We did get desserts - the Mexican chocolate brownie and the pineapple upside down cake. We thought they were a little on the small side for the price, but the rest of the menu was super reasonable. We really loved this place as a good, not terribly expensive table service meal. After a nice relaxing afternoon, this was a great way to end our honeymoon!

After dinner, we decided to just head back to the Boardwalk and ended up watching the performers and wandering around Swan and Dolphin for a while - where we saw lots of very fancily dressed people. It turns out there was a ballroom dance competition in town! Everyone looked gorgeous in their outfits, and it was pretty neat to see performers walking around. We found a few cool looking food spots to try on a future trip and enjoyed the fancy hotel lobbies. After that, we went back to the room and enjoyed an early night before driving home.

We didn't even end up doing a farewell breakfast or anything, so this is officially the end of this trip report! I finished one - woo hoo!

Thanks for hanging in there with me for so long - and sorry it took me such a long time to update everything. But I hope you will all join me over in my PTR, where I'll be doing a mini report of our December trip (and our quick trip in 6 days) and starting to get excited about our weeklong trip in May with my mom!

Thanks for letting us tag along on your honeymoon ; ) Really enjoyed it and will head over to your PTR now!!!

We were up bright and early to make our pre-park Crystal Palace reservations!

Have one of these myself. So excited to see MK before official open

The restaurant is beautiful - tons of sunlight, some really nice flowers and greenery,

This is one of the reasons I chose it. Obviously Winnie and friends are lovable, but the pics I saw of this place were so beautiful that I knew I had to eat there.

Super Adorable! You should totally make this your profile pic.

Glad you had a fun time here.

Lovely honeymoon. Thank you for sharing.

I have to say, I loved the atmosphere here. The restaurant is beautiful - tons of sunlight, some really nice flowers and greenery, and we had really great servers who were attentive and seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs, which is always a plus to me!
Yes! I loved my most recent experience at Crystal Palace for all of these reasons! :cloud9:

DSCN0422.JPG

I'm thinking this one needs to be a profile picture for me :)
I agree! This is ADORABLE! :cutie:

OH GOD THIS PICTURE MAKES ME SO HUNGRY! Om nom nom! :D

After we got back to the Boardwalk we decided to swim in the pool and spend the rest of the day relaxing.
Glad to see that the scary clown didn't devour you. :rotfl:

Had a lot of fun - I'm not usually a pool person, but was really nice to have a person to swim with and just to enjoy the cool water after a very warm morning.
I keep telling myself I'm to actually use my resort's pool one of these trips, but then I never do! Booo! October, for sure, though... Can't let Stormalong Bay go to waste! :thumbsup2

We really loved this place as a good, not terribly expensive table service meal.
I'm glad to see a good review! I've been curious about this place, but never hear too much about it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter