• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happiest celebration on earth swap update

MyLittlePiglet

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!!! Just wanted to get out aqick update before leaving on vacation. This will also let you all know if anyone needs anything in the next 9 days, I am not ignoring anyone, I will just not be computer accessible.

Reminder that you are making 13 sets of materials and swap is due July 24th.

1.Dreams= KaMommy ;)
2. traditions = christinadei ;)
3. surprises = mickeyfan2 ;)
4. adventure = rsjj ;)
5. fun = MyLittlePiglet ;)
6. thrills= rlovew ;)
7. music = YodasMom ;)
8. secrets = jennyL ;)
9. enchantment = potterphreak ;)
10. forever dreaming = hopemax ;) :wizard: :cheer2:

11. Partners (Mickey and Walt) = Stichisourhero ;)
12. Happiest Celebration on Earth = Fanofthemosue ;)
13. Magic = PixieDust32 ;)

;) address received sent items :wizard: recieved items :cheer2:

I cannot imagine anyone needs mine yet, but please let me know if you do. If not I will mail it out once I am back from WDW.

I probably check disboard for the last time tomorrow around lunchtime before I go so if you think you have any problems please let me know.

M

I also did my shopping, and I have a prototype for one of my pieces, working on another prototype today.

and I sent my PM, sorry I forgot about that.

Sorry guys things have been crazy and I've come up with a couple ideas but haven't bought anything yet. But I will be done in plenty of time so no worries there.

Have a great trip! I haven't started on this one yet, but I'm looking forward to it! :cool1:

I too haven't started this one yet. I am not even sure what I am going to do with my word but I'm finished with students and ready to get started now.

I have my topper done and my ideas but am now waiting on the supplies I ordered to get the rest of everything together.

The colors are red, blue, and metaclic gold. I think the elements are:
1. Topper
2. Jouranl Box or Quote
3. Any other from a long list

The swap mistress sent out a update she would be on vacation and we haven't heard from her since. I think she is due back soon.

On the original thread, I think it was Hopemax who posted this link for an example of one of the 50th Anniv. logos that has an example of the colors:

http://lorrypatton.com/final/2005-0...disney2-350.jpg

And, also on the original thread, this was the list of elements provided by our hostess:

<<"A. You will create a topper or border with your word embellished
b. 1 journal box or quotation using word, or 1 Matted Poem or song Lyric using word (double matted and embellished, stickers, stamps, ribbon etc)
c. an embellishment which can be: 2 vertical borders, 4 Embellished squares - (double matted) 4 per person, 1 Frame - (embellished) see note above for journal box, 1 photo mat, 1 tag, 1 Slide Mounts, 1 Box n Tag - (1 of each- Above rules apply),1 mini file folder, 1 library pocket and tag, 1 Shaker Box, 1 Paper Piecing or anything else you may think of and agree on by majority.">>

After MyLittlePiglet posted about the scrapbook kit she picked up, I remembered I had one too. I took the stickers and such to my local scrapbook shop (which happens to be the one owned by the Bazzil people, benifits of living in the Phoenix area.) and spent a bunch of time looking at the paper shades of the Bazzill paper. I came home with Blue (NOT Bazzill Blue, it is just called "Blue") and "Watermelon," both of these are in the Canvas textures, and then a couple of sheets of metallic gold.

YodasMom said:
On the original thread, I think it was Hopemax who posted this link for an example of one of the 50th Anniv. logos that has an example of the colors:

http://lorrypatton.com/final/2005-0...disney2-350.jpg

And, also on the original thread, this was the list of elements provided by our hostess:

<<"A. You will create a topper or border with your word embellished
b. 1 journal box or quotation using word, or 1 Matted Poem or song Lyric using word (double matted and embellished, stickers, stamps, ribbon etc)
c. an embellishment which can be: 2 vertical borders, 4 Embellished squares - (double matted) 4 per person, 1 Frame - (embellished) see note above for journal box, 1 photo mat, 1 tag, 1 Slide Mounts, 1 Box n Tag - (1 of each- Above rules apply),1 mini file folder, 1 library pocket and tag, 1 Shaker Box, 1 Paper Piecing or anything else you may think of and agree on by majority.">>

Thank you! I'm in all the swaps :blush: so I couldn't remember and wanted to make sure :blush:
Thanks guys.

MyLIttlePiglet, can you PM me with your address, cause my pieces are DONE! Woo Hoo!

Heys guys... look like you answered the questions intended for me among yourselves. Good Job!!! My computer has been funky and have had little time to access site from work.

Hope everyone is doing well. If you haven't checked in already please send an update so we know you are still thing of us ;)

JennyL I saw on another thread somewhere you bought a ton of scrapbook stuff in Disney. Me too sort of. What did you buy?

I really had to be carefully that I did not over spend on scrapbooking. Did well on that but spend way to much on other people's sovenirs sp

MyLittlePiglet said:
JennyL I saw on another thread somewhere you bought a ton of scrapbook stuff in Disney. Me too sort of. What did you buy?

I really had to be carefully that I did not over spend on scrapbooking. Did well on that but spend way to much on other people's sovenirs sp

Hmm lets see I bought Tinkerbell, Minnie and Castle punches. I then bought the Happiest Celebration on Earth, 2006 and one other kit I can't remember right now. LOL I also bought the small alphabet books, mickey and minnie snaps, and extra Happiest Celebration stickers. I think thats about it.

I was lucky since the only other souveniers I bought was a pickle ornament in Germany, new salt-n-pepper shakers and a Chinese soup spoon from Japan. So those weren't that expensive.

I too got the aplhabet book. My DH noticed thought that each alphabet only has 2 capital M's therefore if you write Mickey Mouse your m's are gone. So funny I didn't even notice that and he was still complaining about it on our trip!! He used to like my scrapbooks, but not care much about putting them together..... between and ABC disney album and you guys my husband is totally into helping me now.... which is good and bad we have totally different styles. I am trying to get him to do a swap. we will see after I get my first few done what he thinks.

Hopemax.... Forgot before you rock for being all done. You go girl!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Guess that means the rest of us should get moving ;)

I have run out of adhesive so frantically contacting the CM rep I use :rotfl2: I am not quite sure she understands :confused3

Just wondering if anyone knows the title of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary book that has the chapters with the names of the themes we are using in this swap? Someone referred to it when we were trying to come up with theme ideas. I thought it would be an interesting book to order!

As for an update......I know what I'm doing with my elements. I will be working on them after I'm finished with my June and part of my July swaps.

Thanks!

hopemax said:
The book is called "Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever" by Bruce Gordon & Tim O'Day. It is available at Disneyland for $24.95.

Thanks so much, Hope!!! I'll check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter