• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happiest Birthday's at Plaza Inn anyone done this?

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
My family will be down in So Cal for 5 days from Dec 28-Jan 2. We are actually down for the rose parade and decided since we all have AP's to go to DL on Friday the 29th. I was going to get reservations for my daughter's birthday at Plaza Inn. (Her birthday is actually New Year's eve). Has anyone done this? Is it fun? Is it worth the 10 bucks a person? Thanks in advance for any info.

Sorry, never been to Plaza Inn for a B-day.
For my DD's 4th (she's 8 now) we went to Goofy's Kitchen & the characters brought her her cake. It cost extra for the cake, that's all. Both my kids B-days are in the Summer....we will most likely never do that again as crowds & hubby do not mix. :(

But we video'd it, she was shy but had a blast. All the characters signed our paper tablecloth & it was definately a memorable experience. :)

I did it - it was fun. Every paid guest gets a Mickey shaped birthday cake to decorate - then everyone wins a sticker (its a cake decorating contest that everyone wins) - you also get some very sweet punch in a birthday cup (everyone gets that) - Pat E. Cake does the party and has some fun with the kids. Then Mickey and Minnie come for one on one pictures - the picture is great as it says happy birthday and has their signatures (electronic) - you can pose for the pic and take your own (and just not buy the DL one). It was fun and a nice break in the afternoon. The kids there loved it - I loved it and I'm an adult :)

It was okay - not as good as I expected. Also the cake tasted just like cornbread! My kids didn't even want to eat their cake... When it was time to line up and get photos with the characters some of the families got very pushy. My son was happy though with his photo.

It was fine. Pricey for an extra large cupcake. Still, it was fun, DD enjoyed it, so I'd say it was worth it. FWIW, we'll probably do again in November for DS's birthday if he wants to.

lovemickeyworld said:
is it okay to do it for a delayed or early birthday? My daughter would love this!

Yes. I asked this question too. It doesn't have to be your birthday. Anyone can partake. And, everyone in the party does have to pay for it.

We'll be going to DLR 2 weeks after my eldest DD's birthday, and 2 weeks before my youngest DD's. They've been told this is their birthday vacation.

I'm planning on doing this celebration, and also taking them to Build-a-Bear for a birthday spree. The Build-a-Bear in Canada is almost double the US price, so we're anxiously awaiting. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter