Hanukkah on the Thanksgiving Fantasy cruise.

jillibeansmom

Earning My Ears
For reasons I'm still not sure, Hanukkah is CRAZY early this year, as in the first night is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Luckily this won't happen again for another 100,000 years or so. Anyone celebrating on the Fantasy with us? Or has celebrated Hanukkah on a Disney cruise in the past?

I'm on the Nov. 30th Fantasy cruise and there are a number of folks in my cruise group who are going to be observing Hanukkah during the sailing. I am reading that Disney has a service every day for those who observe.

For reasons I'm still not sure, Hanukkah is CRAZY early this year, as in the first night is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Luckily this won't happen again for another 100,000 years or so. Anyone celebrating on the Fantasy with us? Or has celebrated Hanukkah on a Disney cruise in the past?

The Jewish calendar is a lunar calendar. Every four years there is a leap month that corrects the months so that the harvest holidays occur in the right span of time. Look at a calendar for Hanukkah for the last four years and the next four years. Thought you would like to know that.

I called dcl and asked about decorations for Hanukkah. The cm told me they would be put up on November 27. I did not ask about any special activities.

I can't ever remember it being this early. It's actually one of the main reasons we decided to cruise that week. We thought it would make this holiday season a little easier for the kids. Finishing the 8th night before most people decorate for Xmas gets a little frustrating and a bit depressing for the young ones. Hope to meet other MOT on the boat :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter