Hannah Watch!! New storm shaping over the Atlantic

Well, I just finished watching the local news. They are saying that the main model still takes Hannah along the eastern edge of Florida making landfall in the Georgia/South Carolina border area. However, another track takes it almost directly over Central Florida. And, another model has it swinging to the east and out into the Atlantic. So, as you can see, they haven't got a clue yet!

I just took a look at the revised path for Hanna at the NOAA website and it is looking less and less inviting for my Thursday AM flight into MCO.

I am still trying to be positive about it, but I have a feeling that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a smoother ride than my landing is going to be. I am an admitted white knuckle flier...so this ought to be fun.:eek:

Looks like there is another one coming: Tropical Depression Nine :(

Hopefully, it doesn't affect my trip. It looks like it'll hit Bahama's by Saturday, so I hope it will all be gone by the 13th!

Looks like there is another one coming: Tropical Depression Nine :(

Hopefully, it doesn't affect my trip. It looks like it'll hit Bahama's by Saturday, so I hope it will all be gone by the 13th!

where are you looking at? I want to see all the models I can, as we fly in on the 10th! thanks!

One more thing for me to worry about. TS Ike
204013W_sm.gif

True, worthy of worry but it appears to be on track to move westward. Of course it could wobble and head northward but its not predicted to be so at this point.

For me, these hurricane watches are right in the middle of our plans too but I'm trying not to worry since worrying doesn't change anything.

:eek:

I just took a look at the revised path for Hanna at the NOAA website and it is looking less and less inviting for my Thursday AM flight into MCO.

I am still trying to be positive about it, but I have a feeling that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a smoother ride than my landing is going to be. I am an admitted white knuckle flier...so this ought to be fun.:eek:

Not a great flyer. DD will be holding my hand!! Latest on Weather Channel (I know, not the best source) is making me a little less nervous about Friday morning. Looks like we could squeek in there! Keeping my finger crossed and Feralpeg, thanks for, and please continue to post, your local updates!!:worship: :worship:

I am probably the WORST person on a plane. Seriously, I have to take anti- anxiety meds over it. I freak myself out over every little noise, turbulance and turn. Add to that my 2 kids will be there and god knows I don't want to reveal to them my phobia when one has never been on a plane before and is already anxious himself about flying. We are supposed to arrive this Friday around 10:00 a.m.

So for now I'm hoping pixie dust will spread all around, hoepfully Hanna will surprise everyone and change directions or just die out. Ike can take a swerve too! I told dh I am perfectly fine with rain, but please don't close the airport!

I'm driving him nuts checking the weather channel every 10 minutes. (And I believe they are sensationalizing a lot of this....)

I am here finishing my packing tonight for my Wed. morning flight. I have packed all kinds of snacks for my room...oh and a rain suit! Could I be spending a day in the room with heavy rain.. well maybe.. I guess I am ready. I hope for the best for all in any paths of these Hurricanes! :worship:

I am here finishing my packing tonight for my Wed. morning flight. I have packed all kinds of snacks for my room...oh and a rain suit! Could I be spending a day in the room with heavy rain.. well maybe.. I guess I am ready. I hope for the best for all in any paths of these Hurricanes! :worship:

We're leaving Wed. morning also. I really think we're going to be OK. Just looking at the forecast and talking with family who live there, I think at the most, we may get some bands of rain (possibly), but I don't think it will be anything like Fay. Just my prediction :wizard: . I truly don't believe you'll be stuck in your room for a day :goodvibes .

Is anybody else noticing how the so-called "cone of uncertainty" is swinging closer to Florida?!?! :eek:

However, it looks like it is stalling out over the Bahamas so my Thursday AM flight may be OK; hopefully without delays (or extremely white knuckles). Now we all must think happy thoughts, sprinkle pixie dust, pray, etc... for our Dis brothers and sisters coming in on Friday.

But we all know Hanna could decide to do something else :confused:
So until I get there I will remain my obsessive self and watch the weather. Now off to work (only two more days!!!!).

I just checked and Hannah is now downgraded to Tropical Storm instead of Hurricane status. I'm not usually a hurricane watcher - do storms usually go in and out of hurricane status?

I just checked and Hannah is now downgraded to Tropical Storm instead of Hurricane status. I'm not usually a hurricane watcher - do storms usually go in and out of hurricane status?

Yes they can. It all depends on their wind speed. Hanna could strengthen again but the NHC is saying that probably won't happen for another day or so. And from the looks of the projected track it will stay out to sea as it passes Florida and looks to be due east of Cape Canaveral at 2 AM Friday morning so if Disney gets rain it will come in the middle of the night and possibly the next morning too.

But these are just my predictions for it. I am in no way an expert.

I just wish Hanna would do something other than sit still. I wish it would start moving so it can clear out quickly.

I am with everyone else...watching the NOAA site and hoping for the best. I just want to get there with the least amount of turbulence (and no delays). :scared: I am not a very good flyer either...I had a horrible flight one time out of Chicago in storms and it has scarred me for life. :scared1:
Once there on the ground I will be happy even if it rains...got my ponchos ready.
Wishing everyone a safe and smooth ride to WDW and a magical time despite the weather:tinker:

Oh great - Hanna's path has just changed AGAIN!! Coming closer to us here on the East Coast. Not what I definitely wanted to see. Hanna-Ike-Josephine! It's as bad as Charley-Frances-Jeanne! I really didn't want to see another 2004-like system. I don't think Central Florida can handle it!! :scared1:

UGH! This is rather frustrating, I was hoping to know something about our chances of going on 9/5...

UGH! This is rather frustrating, I was hoping to know something about our chances of going on 9/5...

is everyone that is flying out Friday keeping there plans the same? we fly out Friday evening from Pittsburgh-- i am not sure what to do:( praying that eveyone has a safe trip and that were ever the hurricane hits praying that it will not cause too much damage for the residents:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter