• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hannah Montana Tour Dates

All the computer knows is that other people who hit the button a millisecond before you have a choice of tickets up on their screen, and the system holds those tickets for those people for 2 minutes. If those people decide to hit "search again" to look for better seats, or if they don't get all their payment info entered in time, the computer will re-release those tickets.

Wow...GREAT ADVICE! That never even occurred to me. DH and I kept searching for tickets in vain, assuming that it was a lost cause, and I think we kept it up for about 10 or 15 minutes, but if I had read this post yesterday morning, I would have kept searching for another 20 minutes. Thanks for the advice...I'll be sure to abide by it next time. :rolleyes:

I see a lot of people posting that arenas are selling out in less than 2 minutes. Even if the computer tells you that there's nothing available, KEEP TRYING!

All the computer knows is that other people who hit the button a millisecond before you have a choice of tickets up on their screen, and the system holds those tickets for those people for 2 minutes. If those people decide to hit "search again" to look for better seats, or if they don't get all their payment info entered in time, the computer will re-release those tickets.

We got tickets for HSM in Chicago (regular sale) and HM in St. Louis (presale). Both times, I started searching right at the release time, and no tickets came up until 10 or 15 minutes later. Getting a message that there are no tickets available at less than 2 minutes after the sale starts is kind of like calling for tickets and getting a busy signal. You just have to keep putting in your preferences and searching. I wouldn't give up unless it had been at least 30 minutes and you're still not getting anything.

I knew that and I search for 2 hours! And nothing!

Local fox news talked about the issue tonight, people send tons of e mails about it.

I am sure I will get flamed for saying this but I don't necessarily agree that Miley's World is the one you should be writing letters too. First, the membership fee is for a year use of the website. The presale code is supposed to be a perk, not the reason to join the club. Second, it is not HM's fault that the ticket brokers are able to get the tickets. This is the fault of the venues that guarantee people tickets, a part of the business for every concert. I am furious at the prices of these tickets and I definitely agree something needs to be done but I honestly don't believe HM has anything to do with it. The same exact thing happened with HSM, Cheetah Girls and almost every other concert around here. The performers do not benefit from the inflated prices.

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT!

But someone needs to do something about it, and is not a local thing it happend every where.

I signed my daughter up for the site just for that - the site. This was in July and according to the site, she should have her welcome package by now. She doesn't.
I did not know about the presale through the site until I read about it on this board last month.

I have already said that this is not Miley's fault. However, I do not think there is anything wrong with writing the performer. Something does need to be done and I think that the performers can help to discourage this practice. Do you really think they want their fans to be dissappointed or to be paying such extreme prices? Maybe some of them don't care but some of them might and they might even voice their displeasure. Will it change things? Maybe not, but maybe the there will be less tickets released to the brokers and more to the public.
And, as stated, the performers don't benefit from the inflated prices. Looking at some of those prices, you have to wonder who is making more money here? I wonder how the performers feel about that. Sometimes, just because that is the way things are, doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't change.

Thank you!

My DD cried all night yesterday, it breaks my heart and it makes me angry, because we can afford a $66.00 even $100..00 ticket, and I am sure that Miley doesn't want to see her fans hurt not becuase their parents didn't get the tickets on time, but because we just couldn't get them at all, thanks to brokers and ticketmaster's mafia, making money, money that she's not even getting.

Hi. I just wanted to copy and paste something from the Jonas Brothers Myspace page:

HANNAH MONTANA/JONAS BROTHERS TOUR:

There have been a lot of comments about tickets selling out quickly. We really want to see everyone. We do not have control over tickets. There are a large number of people buying tickets. Please check the schedule and be ready to purchase OR they will be gone.[/B]

I know it doesn't help or address the whole scalper issue, but wanted you to know that the Jonas Brothers (I assume Hannah Montana also) are aware of the issues and it looks like they can't do much about it.

And how does that help us? We DID all that!

But the point is that MOST of the tickets are on e bay or whatever brokers sale! Is not that we didn't do the right thing!

Ticketmaster told fox news that HM site had a pre sale on Sep 11. That the memebership was only 30 dollars. Well, we knew that, we did that too, and tickets were gone in less than a minute, and 5 minutes later the FAN CLUB pre sale tickets were on EBAY as well.

tickmaster had a ad for HM fanclub site on their website to get presale tickets also.

Please remember, they only release a certain amount of tickets for presales. Usually for fan clubs it's around 8%. So for a place that seats 30,000 people, not many tickets. That and the fact that people order minimum 2 tickets, most seem to try for 4, the chances to get tickets are even slimmer.

It is upsetting I know. My big advice, that which other people have stated: Don't buy tickets from brokers or scalpers. If you do, buy them for face value or slightly higher.

Brokers and scalpers have been a pet peeve of mine forever. And this is coming from someone who used to work in and has a husband that still works in the concert industry.

I see a lot of people posting that arenas are selling out in less than 2 minutes. Even if the computer tells you that there's nothing available, KEEP TRYING!

We got tickets for HSM in Chicago (regular sale) and HM in St. Louis (presale). Both times, I started searching right at the release time, and no tickets came up until 10 or 15 minutes later. Getting a message that there are no tickets available at less than 2 minutes after the sale starts is kind of like calling for tickets and getting a busy signal. You just have to keep putting in your preferences and searching. I wouldn't give up unless it had been at least 30 minutes and you're still not getting anything.

That's true, but when I tried for regular tickets in Oklahoma City, I got the "no tickets available" message starting at 10:00 sharp, and I kept trying for more than 30 minutes. As did two other people with me. So I really do think that in some cities, Ticketmaster allotments are selling out almost immediately.

BTW, complaining to the performers does accomplish something. If they get enough complaints, they might move to non-Ticketmaster venues. It's not easy (Pearl Jam did this many years ago with limited success, and I don't know if anyone has done a complete non-Ticketmaster tour since then), but it can be done. The performers won't know this matters to you unless you tell them. Politely, of course. ;)

So are these tickets selling out because of high demand or because ticket brokers only think that there will be high demand?

What I don't get is as soon as the info on the concert was released; the cities and dates, the brokers listed tickets for sale on their websites. I just don't get how that's even possible unless they have some sort of agreement with Ticketmaster. Then as soon as the tickets actually went on sale for presale and general sale as well, with in minutes there were tickets on ebay. If most of the DISers couldn't get tickets after trying for 1/2 hour or more, then how can so many tickets be on these sites so fast?

It's very discouraging and I think both the artist and Ticketmaster should know how we feel about it.

I attend several concerts a year. I think Ticketmaster has to have some kind of deal with scalpers because there is just no way ticket brokers can obtain excellent seating for every show. I've also noticed that different scalpers will have the same area of seats available.

I was lucky enough to get through for the Chicago show (but not during presale) - my neighbor was not. My seats stink but at least my girls will get to go. Tim McGraw has sold presale tickets where you had to go to the arena will call, show id, then get your tickets the night of the show - not any earlier & you weren't given the option of having them emailed or mailed, you had to pick them up. I think this might cut down on scalping some but I'm sure someone picked up their tickets & had someone standing outside waiting to buy them for 3x the amount!!! :mad:

I agree with sskem96 about keep trying for seats after it says "nothing is available". I was able to get 4 tickets almost a half-hour following the presale by continuing to check. This was after the presale sold out in the first 10 or 15 minutes ... so tickets do bounce back into the system. Just something to keep in mind for those who have a ticket sale coming up.

Sorry if this has been posted but does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for her Philadelphia show? And has a presale code been released for it already? Thanks in advance!!

KBKids,

I had the same exact scenario happen with me yesterday ... I was able to get 4 to take my girls and then my neighbor called because her computer was froze and asked me to try. I used her MW code and all her information, but forgot I was logged in under my TM account. I couldn't sleep last night thinking I jeapardized our tickets and would have to tell my daughters our tickets were cancelled. I did call Ticketmaster this morning and I talked to two different people, and one rep checked with a supervisor and reassured me the tickets would not be cancelled. They said there would had to be more duplicate information with the orders and they would have already cancelled the second order by the computer checks they run before issuing the tickets. I was told since they already were confirmed and I received an email and was able to print them they are fine. I think you said you were able to print your tickets, so you should be fine, too! :)

Just as an FYI to those who had scenarios like this one. I bought tickets at the presale and tried again for better seats on the regular sale on Saturday. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem that it was 2 separate sales and the 4 ticket limit would not apply, however I double checked this morning and now they are telling me that my 2nd order will be cancelled. The say they will most likely be cancelled. I have rec'd my confirmation e-mail...and printed out the 2nd set of tickets. I was going to pass along my 1st set but now I guess that won't happen. They did say that my money would be refunded but to keep checking my account over the next couple of weeks to see if it cancels.

Kayla

Sorry if this has been posted but does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for her Philadelphia show? And has a presale code been released for it already? Thanks in advance!!

Still waiting for an official word but according to the Wachovia Center the presale will be 9/25 with general public sale on 9/29. I have not seen any comformation of this though.

If anyone has a password that they tried to get tickets for in their area but failed, this NY grandma would appreciate it if you would pass it forward so I can try to get tickets for my grandchildren for tickets on 9/25 for the concerts in our area.

Please send to Rangerella66@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Has anyone who chose US mail from the presale 9/11 received their tickets yet? Last Thursday or Friday, it said mine had shipped, but I don't have them in my hands yet. (I realize it is early, I was just curious if anyone else actually received them yet....)

They just had a story about the sell-out on our local news station. They said tickets sold out in 8 minutes and people online (like me) couldn't get any at all. They spoke to someone with Ticketmaster who said that the ticket brokers were just like everyone else trying to buy tickets blah...blah...blah. Sounds to me like they do have something going with the scalpers. The reporter also said that she looked on Ebay at the tickets and to be careful because someone was charging $3000 for one ticket in a row that didn't even exist in that section of the arena.

Just as an FYI to those who had scenarios like this one. I bought tickets at the presale and tried again for better seats on the regular sale on Saturday. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem that it was 2 separate sales and the 4 ticket limit would not apply, however I double checked this morning and now they are telling me that my 2nd order will be cancelled. The say they will most likely be cancelled. I have rec'd my confirmation e-mail...and printed out the 2nd set of tickets. I was going to pass along my 1st set but now I guess that won't happen. They did say that my money would be refunded but to keep checking my account over the next couple of weeks to see if it cancels.

Kayla

See, I was scared about that too. Too bad they won't let you choose which set to get cancelled, eh? And, lucky that they didn't cancel ALL of your purchases, that's what I was worried about.

See, I was scared about that too. Too bad they won't let you choose which set to get cancelled, eh? And, lucky that they didn't cancel ALL of your purchases, that's what I was worried about.

I know. I keep checking my account but it still shows both orders. I can't seem to get anyone to answer my question with any amount of certainty, just "probably" :confused3 I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I really wonder if they will cancel or if it is an empty threat, not like I can do anything about it though.

Kayla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter