Hannah Montana SOld out by 10:01 !! DCU Center, MA and Dunkin center, RI

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
I can't believe it sold out so fast. I had 3 computers on and still got nothing. I was on 15 minutes before the sale and go nothing but the reply of "no tickets available for this event". :eek: :eek:

I wish they would put it on the front page when the concert is sold out. I should have called too and stayed on the phone whith them until it went on sale. :sad2: :scared:

if my brother doesn't come through then my DD is going to be very :sad1: :sad1:

Atlantic City, too! I didn't even tell my daughter I was trying. So Sad!

We had three computers, four phones, and 7 women. No luck for us in the Kansas City or Oklahoma City concert. We didn't tell our kids either!

My friend just paid $1,000. for 3 tickets to the sold out San Antonio show.
She wanted DD and I to go and to buy tickets as well but I said no way at that price plus she would have to miss a day of school to do the SA concert
because its about a 3 hour drive away from where we live. Hanah is
making my life miserable right now!

Baltimore as well single seats went ay 10:03 .

I'm also waiting for someone that works with someone that is at the event ticket counter that is trying to get me some as well.

I know they are on a tight schedule but when they know these will sell out like this I don't understand why they don't add shows.

No kidding!!! :scared: :sad1:

I was trying to.... kept refreshing the screen starting at 9:58 and doing so every 5 seconds.... IMMEDIATELY after it came up, I quickly plugged in 3 for best available.... NO SEATS AVAILABLE!!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!? It was not even 7 seconds after they went on sale!??!?!?!?!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I continued to try on the computer for 45 min. and calling ticketmaster at the same time... NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING!!!!

Of course I had this vision all built up in my head for my DD's Hannah Montana birthday party tomorrow that I'd be able to "surprise" her with the ONLY thing she wanted for her birthday!!!! I'm soooooo upset right now and I guess I'll be heading out to go buy her a gift now since I was counting on these tix as the ultimate birthday gift :( :( :(

There is definitely something going on with ticketmaster and the ticketbrokers..... no question about it! Did you see the hundreds and hundreds of tix available on the tons of broker sites starting at $263 EACH for nosebleed seats?!!?!?!??

((((((HUGS))))))) to everyone else who didn't have any luck either..... :grouphug:

Verizon Center in Wash DC went pretty quickly as well. I went with 'best available' and was thankfully, able to get two tickets for seats in upper concourse (translate nosebleed section ;).

I got an email literally 25 minutes after tickets went on sale from gotickets telling me that they had "more" seats for hannah montana in dc.... yeah I bet they do since no-one else could get them. sigh. maggie

I got an email literally 25 minutes after tickets went on sale from gotickets telling me that they had "more" seats for hannah montana in dc.... yeah I bet they do since no-one else could get them. sigh. maggie

STUBHUB on E-bay has a ton of them as well.

I can't stand Ticketmaster and they have been taking kickbacks for as long as they have been in business. This is why we don't do events like this that much anymore . They have powered themselves into every venue and charge that as well as the fees we pay. It's a hugh monopoly if you ask me.

I guess it all comes down to what your willing to pay for a seat and $250+ is not it for us.

No big deal as DD won;t be too upset as some of the younger girls will be.

3 people, 4 computers, 3 phones and still nothing for Providence or Worcester. I'm glad I never said anything to dd. I really do not understand this whole thing. If tickets go on sale at 10 how can they have that many people be able to get through and be sold out by 10:01....something does not add up there!:mad:

3 people, 4 computers, 3 phones and still nothing for Providence or Worcester. I'm glad I never said anything to dd. I really do not understand this whole thing. If tickets go on sale at 10 how can they have that many people be able to get through and be sold out by 10:01....something does not add up there!:mad:

Actually, it does make some sense that they could 'sell out' in a minute.

Think about the whole on-line ticket process. You've got thousands and thousands of hopeful purchasers waiting until the stroke of 10 to hit "enter" and get in the queue for tickets. Most looking to buy 2 or more tickets.

Ticketmaster 'assigns' the tickets to you after the search and the seats are held for you, usually for 5-10 minutes, so you can finish the purchase process.

As to how a venue suddenly 'finds' more seats, often what may happen is that when demand is as great as it clearly is for these shows, they will release obstructed-view seats. These are the seats they normally don't sell because lighting and stage equipment blocks a clear and clean view of the stage, but there are people out there willing to take those seats just to get inside the arena.

For those wondering how they could sell out so fast, look at it this way:

Providence is a 14,500 seat indoor sports, entertainment and tradeshow venue.

From what I found, here is the seating arrangements for the Dunk:

43_18.jpg

It looks as if 1/3 is stage & backstage, so there are only around (& NOT exact) 9,667 seats available for this show - about 5,000 were for presale leaving only 4,667 seats for public sale. I don't remember where I got the figures - it could be from the media or from these boards, etc.

If you think about it, most people are not buying individual tickets. IF you ASSUME that each family is only buying 2 tickets, that would only be enough seating for 4,833 families. Since we know MOST people are buying more than 2 tickets we could use the analogy that if every one bought 4 tickets (the max allowed), that would only be enough for 2,416 families.

Those "2,416" families are in line on the phone, on the internet & at the box office. That would be 800+ families per location allowed to buy tickets.

That is not even taking into consideration those tickets already in possesion by the scalpers & radio stations & whatever other VIP people get tickets "just because" (such as possibly town/city officials). So that 800+ has now dropped to what - 700+ families per ticket sale location buying the 4 ticket max?

Considering how many families in MA & RI are looking for tickets, I can see how this will sell out in less than 1 minute!! Last night's 11pm news showed a REALLY long line waiting at the box office. By 10 am this morning, one woman in line will have been there for more than 24 hours!!!

With all that being said, I was lucky enough to get my 2 tickets Tuesday during the presale!!:woohoo: I won't tell DD until much closer to Christmas & well after I receive the tickets in the mail!

No luck in Cleveland :sad2: We had six people on computers and 5 on phones and we got nada.

If the tickets were just for me, I'd say "That's life." but we were trying to get tickets for my nieces and I can't help it, I just feel so bad we didnt get them. She called me at 10:15am and I hated telling her no luck. :sad1:

I can't remember what station it's on but they do a segment
(SHAME ON YOU ) MAYBE SOMEONE FROM THAT SHOW SHOULD VISIT THE HEAD OF TICKETMASTER AND ASK FOR AN EXPLAINATION AS TO WHY BROKERS HAD TICKETS FOR SALE 5 WEEKS AGO TO A SHOW THAT WASNT EVEN ON SALE YET..........
NJ SHOWS WERE SOLD OUT BY 10:03, I EVEN TRIED AN EXTRA HALF HOUR JUST IN CASE........UNBELIEVALBE....
SOMEONE ON EBAY IS SELLING 4 TICKETS...THEY HAVE 33 BIDS SO FAR, AND IT'S ALREADY UP TO $1,625.00 AND THE SELLER STILL HAS 2 DAYS BEFORE THE SALE COMES TO AN END. :mad:

I was trying to.... kept refreshing the screen starting at 9:58 and doing so every 5 seconds.... IMMEDIATELY after it came up, I quickly plugged in 3 for best available.... NO SEATS AVAILABLE!!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!? It was not even 7 seconds after they went on sale!??!?!?!?!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I continued to try on the computer for 45 min. and calling ticketmaster at the same time... NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING!!!!

Of course I had this vision all built up in my head for my DD's Hannah Montana birthday party tomorrow that I'd be able to "surprise" her with the ONLY thing she wanted for her birthday!!!! I'm soooooo upset right now and I guess I'll be heading out to go buy her a gift now since I was counting on these tix as the ultimate birthday gift :( :( :(

There is definitely something going on with ticketmaster and the ticketbrokers..... no question about it! Did you see the hundreds and hundreds of tix available on the tons of broker sites starting at $263 EACH for nosebleed seats?!!?!?!??

((((((HUGS))))))) to everyone else who didn't have any luck either..... :grouphug:

EXACTLY what I did.....sorry but something is so wrong with this picture - glad I didnt tell my 2 daughters anything......

I am not into Hannah since I have no kids but I do have a helpful hint, and can save you some money. This has worked about 99% of the time for me if you are patient and have time to wait till the last minute you can almost always find people who NEED to get rid of tickets on ebay. I have gotten tickets for events that previously went for $100's more then face value for $20 over face on in some cases two tickets for less then one ticket originally cost.

Its very easy just look at tickets in the last week of the show and be willing to go as late as the day of to get tickets. I know its harder with kids. But hey its better then spending what scalpers are charging.

Good luck all of you!

This is pretty much how it went for me too, I was trying to get tickets to the Baltimore show and what's funny is that the restriction for that venue is that for the 1st 30 minutes of sale you must have an address in MD, DE, DC, or VA (I think that's what it was) and by 10:20 am there were auctions on Ebay for these tickets, and the sellers were from NC, TN, KS, etc...:rolleyes1 How'd that happen?:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter