Hanidcapped Stateroom Locations on the Dream? Found deck plan but no indicators!!

seaprincess

Mouseketeer
I have been looking for a deck plan on DCL website and can not seem to find one. I am looking for the locations of the handicapped staterooms, in particular and wonder if they will offer them in all stateroom catagories. I tried to click on the virtual tour on DCL's website but the ship just sits there. I turned off the pop-up blocker so I am out of luck!:confused3

Can anyone help? Thanks!:grouphug:

You can pull up the virtual deckplans by selecting the virtual tour option and then looking down each deck. If you scroll over many of the staterooms it will give you basic information about type, category and what it connects to (wow there are a lot of connecting rooms!)

But I didn't see any indication of handicapped accessible rooms on the virtual plans.

It's a pretty large image. I would try moving my mouse over it and seeing if there is a magnifying glass, if there is then click it (as click on the image) and it should get larger. The image is a little on the small size, and you can't zoom in very far, however you can see if the handicapped image is on a room or not.

From what I see there are a lot of Handicapped rooms in multiple categorizes throughout the ship.

Thanks so much!! If you use the magnifying glass it really helps. I just wish I could get it to print! I can not wait until November 2nd!! I have a feeling it will be a long wait on the phone!:cloud9:

I clicked on the magnifying glass to make the image bigger. There are a few HA inside cabins on deck 2 near elevators, but the HA balcony cabins are at the very back of decks 5-9. Others are far forward. I had hoped DCL would put them by an ELEVATOR so someone in a wheelchair doesn't have so far to go. :confused3

I clicked on the magnifying glass to make the image bigger. There are a few HA inside cabins on deck 2 near elevators, but the HA balcony cabins are at the very back of decks 5-9. Others are far forward. I had hoped DCL would put them by an ELEVATOR so someone in a wheelchair doesn't have so far to go. :confused3
Crap. I'm bummed they didn't change that. It makes sense to put them by the elevators. All the other cruise lines we've looked at do this. It's really a pain in the butt to get the scooter down the hall with all the carts in the way. :sad2:

I hope I didn't miss any!

2007 Category 11C (Standard Inside Stateroom) Connects to 2011
2033 Category 11C (Standard Inside Stateroom)
2035 Category 11C (Standard Inside Stateroom)
2507 Category 11C (Standard Inside Stateroom) Connects to 2511
2533 Category 11C (Standard Inside Stateroom)
2535 Category 11C (Standard Inside Stateroom)

5018 Category 08A (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom)
5186 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 5188
5518 Category 08A (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom)
5552 Category 05E (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah)
5686 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 5688

6001 Category 11B (Standard Inside Stateroom) Connects to 6501
6006 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 6008
6012 Category 08A (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom)
6014 Category 08A (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 6016
6500 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom)
6504 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 6506
6510 Category 08A (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom)
6512 Category 08A (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 6514
6088 Category 04D (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 6086
6090 Category 04D (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 6092
6186 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 6188
6686 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom) Connects to 6688

7190 Category 06B (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 7188
7500 Category 09A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom)
7688 Category 06B (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 7686

8090 Category 04B (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8588
8092 Category 04B (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8084
8184 Category 06A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8186
8500 Category 04B (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8602
8588 Category 04B (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8586
8590 Category 04B (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8592
8682 Category 06A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 8684

9170 Category 06A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 9172
9670 Category 06A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 9672

11000 Category 00V (Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah) Connects to 11002
11008 Category 00T (Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite With Verandah) Connects to 11010

Good job, Bill!

Looking more closely at the deck plans, the aft elevators on the Dream are further aft than on the older ships, and the hallways look straight. It should be a bit easier for people in aft HA cabins to get to an elevator on the new ship.

Subscribing (because I know that I will want to reference this info again!)

Glad to see HA Oceanview rooms but I completely agree with PP who indicated that they still "get it wrong" by putting HA cabins so far away from the elevators!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter