hanging shoe organizer and other organizational tips

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Are guests allowed to use a hanging shoe organizer? I feel like I read hanging them a certain way isn't allowed.

Any other organizational tips for me? Trying to avoid clutter as much as possible with a family of 4 in a room :)

Are guests allowed to use a hanging shoe organizer? I feel like I read hanging them a certain way isn't allowed.

Any other organizational tips for me? Trying to avoid clutter as much as possible with a family of 4 in a room :)
You cannot use over the door hanging bags. You may use hanging organizers, as long as you hang them from the hooks in the room, or in the closet.

We have strong magnets and hang ours on the wall in front of the bed. We also use hanging toiletry kits a mesh shower caddy to keep toiletries contained in the bathroom.

Ours is the kind that hangs over the door but we will use magnets instead. Are all the walls and doors magnetic?

Thanks for your help :)

We zip-tied our hanging organizer to the hooks in the room. With 3 kids, it kept track of pjs, swimsuits, hats, sunglasses, crocs, it was wonderful! Otherwise, I'd have been hunting for stuff all the time.

Ours is the kind that hangs over the door but we will use magnets instead. Are all the walls and doors magnetic?

Only the walls on the Dream and Fantasy are magnetic. Bathroom doors, however, are magnetic on all four ships.

I just tied a ribbon through the grommeted holes of the hanging organizer (removed the metal hooks) and hung the ribbon over the big hook on the wall that’s opposite the bed. It was a lifesaver for diaper supplies, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. etc. etc.

The ship is made of metal (steel??). The walls, doors, ceiling, etc are metal and magnets will stick. In some instances you might need to use stronger magnets. People decorate their doors with magnets.

We take some collapsible snap boxes to hold clutter on the desk.
714-dAMJWmL._SX425_.jpg

The ship is made of metal (steel??). The walls, doors, ceiling, etc are metal and magnets will stick. In some instances you might need to use stronger magnets. People decorate their doors with magnets.

Ah ha! Of course! Yeah I’ve got some strong magnets in my amazon cart.

This is true of the Dream and Fantasy, but not on the Magic or Wonder. Only the bathroom doors and the entry door are metal.

My kids need something to hold their plushies at the end of their bunkbed and I am going to order these- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A341AI10PKV19V

They aren't as large as a full sized shoe organizer, but I think they will still add good storage to our cabin (and I don't have to order something for just one cruise). I plan to clip them to a skirt hanger, and then hang one in the bathroom and one in the cabin.

I removed the metal hooks on ours and tied a long piece of ribbon between the outside holes. Then (with the help of my much taller husband!) we flipped the ribbon over the bathroom door and hooked it on the underside of the hook on the inside of the door. The hook is still very accessible for towels / clothing etc.

Packing cubes!! :worship: Keep your suitcases under the bed. When the cubes are empty stuff them with dirty washing and when full they go straight in the suitcase. Bonus is less packing on the last day!

My tips: assign everyone a corner of the room. Your shoes and junk all need to be there and not all over the cabin.
At the end of each day take all dirty clothes and anything you are finished with (Pirate costumes) and put in empty suitcases. This helps keep the room uncluttered and makes packing the last night much easier
We use suction cups hooks to hold over shoe holds to bathroom door. Everyone get a row for hairbrush, tooth brush,lanyard key card
78357A85-E32D-4060-A401-5EC2780401F4.jpeg

I know magnets were mentioned, but I particularly like the metal magnets with a clip. I have also found some metal magnet with hooks. You can get a ton of these cheap from Amazon. They make good FE gifts too.

I know magnets were mentioned, but I particularly like the metal magnets with a clip. I have also found some metal magnet with hooks. You can get a ton of these cheap from Amazon. They make good FE gifts too.
Found the magnet clips at the dollar store.

What are the walls on the Magic and Wonder made of if not metal???

@diznymom No idea. All I can tell you is that we've sailed on the Magic in staterooms 8552, 8044, 8016, 7586, 7084, 7070, 6080 and on the Wonder in 8034, 7108, 6598, 6578, 6566, 6096, 6090. I always bring large maps to track our cruise progress and each time I've tried to hang them on the cabin walls but none have been magnetic. I always end up having to put them on the back of the entry doors.

I just tied a ribbon through the grommeted holes of the hanging organizer (removed the metal hooks) and hung the ribbon over the big hook on the wall that’s opposite the bed. It was a lifesaver for diaper supplies, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. etc. etc.

We did something similar but with two clear shoe organizers. We put one on each side of the bathroom door using strong ribbons tied between them that went over the door. We used the one inside to hang all of our bathroom stuff in and the one on the outside for KTTW cards/lanyards, sunscreen, sunglasses, flip flops, tickets, notes, and any little stuff we needed to keep track of and not clutter the desktop with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter