• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Handicapped Accessible Stateroom photos

More about 6154:
The desk with mirror, TV and small refridgerator are against the wall at the foot of the bed.

In the living area, in a corner right next to the balcony door, is a corner unit with shelves for extra storage.

I loved the deep corner of the balcony because it provided a lot of shade and also coverage from the rain. The light on the outside wall was perfect for reading at night out there....much better than the small lights on average balconies.

The area outside the room, in the hallway, is quite large...making it really easy to manuever a scooter or wheelchair.

This room is usually where they put people who have service dogs...the balcony is a good size for the dogs to exercise, and in one corner they'll put a doggie "litter box" as there's a fan that draws air into vents inside so that the smell isn't lingering on the balcony. That vent noise took some getting used to, but we couldn't hear it inside the room. I'm guessing it serves some other purpose rather than just for the doggie boxes, as it ran quite often.

More about 6154:
The desk with mirror, TV and small refridgerator are against the wall at the foot of the bed.

In the living area, in a corner right next to the balcony door, is a corner unit with shelves for extra storage.

I loved the deep corner of the balcony because it provided a lot of shade and also coverage from the rain. The light on the outside wall was perfect for reading at night out there....much better than the small lights on average balconies.

The area outside the room, in the hallway, is quite large...making it really easy to manuever a scooter or wheelchair.

This room is usually where they put people who have service dogs...the balcony is a good size for the dogs to exercise, and in one corner they'll put a doggie "litter box" as there's a fan that draws air into vents inside so that the smell isn't lingering on the balcony. That vent noise took some getting used to, but we couldn't hear it inside the room. I'm guessing it serves some other purpose rather than just for the doggie boxes, as it ran quite often.

We have 6654 booked for May 18th. Are these two rooms similiar. I would appreciate any feedback from others who have used this room previously. It will be our first cruise with a verandah so we are very excited.

We have 6654 booked for May 18th. Are these two rooms similiar. I would appreciate any feedback from others who have used this room previously. It will be our first cruise with a verandah so we are very excited.

It's exactly the same as 6154, but "flipped".....as you enter the room, the bed and living room will be to your left instead of to the right in 6154.

The ONLY down side for anyone in a wheelchair or scooter is that it's hard to open the balcony door without help from someone else. I've had the same problem in all of the accessible rooms onboard, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter