Handicap Parking at Parks?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
How far is the handicap parking from the monorail at MK? Do you still need the ride a tram or is the monorail within walking distance?

Is handicap parking at Animal Kingdom also within walking distance to the gates?

What happens if handicap parking is full at the parks lots?

Thank you! :)

How far is the handicap parking from the monorail at MK? Do you still need the ride a tram or is the monorail within walking distance?

Is handicap parking at Animal Kingdom also within walking distance to the gates?

What happens if handicap parking is full at the parks lots?

Thank you! :)

The handicap parking was very close when I did it back in 2007. For AK it was right near the gates but we got there first thing. For MK I can't remember whether it was near the monorail or actually near the gate where the resort buses drop you off. I'm sure someone will correct me. Simply put they have them up front and close to the gates.

Not sure on what they do if the lots are full, I never ran into that problem while I was there.

MK's lot is near the aaa diamond lot. You don't take a tram but it is a few minute walk to the monarail. When the lots are full you have to park in the regular lot at least that was the case a few years ago.

They keep the last spot on the row available for those that can't fit in the handicapped lot.

The handicap lots are all patrolled by the Orange County Sheriff's Office. If you park there and do not have a disabled plate or hang tag (or UK "Blue Badge") you will get a $250 ticket. And if you have a rental car and do not pay the ticket the rental agency will pay it, add a service charge, and then run it thorughy your credit card on file.

A few years ago I once forgot to put up my hang tag and got a ticket. I was able to get the fine lowered to $20 by showing (the Court) that I had a hang tag and it was lowered to just "not displaying" from "not having".

At DHS disabled parking is right where the Disney buses are. At AK they are near where the trams let off. At EC they are the first few rows of parking, very close to the gates. At MK you will not have tram service and will have to walk to the TTC and then take a ferry or monorail to MK.

In all of the handical lots they have a wheelchair corral where they have special wheelchairs you can borrow to get you to the park entrance or where you can rent a chair (or ECV) for use within the Park.

For more information I would suggest going over to the disABILITIES Forum, especially Posts #2, 4, and 5. One of the first threads is the disABILITIES FAQs. To get directly to the disABILITIES FAQs from here just click on the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter