• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hand Luggage Bag?

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Hiya

Ok so Ive splashed out on a lovely cherry red oakley bag for my hand luggage for 79.00 (shhhhh dont tell my dbf lol) which will be here tomorrow, so here the question

what do you guys carry in your hand luggage?

I know everybody is different, and I think its good to share.

So far I am taking wet wipes lol

Lipsalve :dog2: .- for both me and DH (although don't tell his mates that he uses it!) because of the dry air in the cabin. :paw: :paw:

i dont really enjoy airline food so i normally take a pack of mini sausages!!!!
normally its the mini dvd player, dvds, book/magazines, any stuff i have that might break/get damaged. you get the idea!

I take wet wipes too :teeth: You never know when you might hit some turbulence and get covered in dinner!

The rest of the bag is mainly full up with snack foods, my iPod, my PSP and some reading material.

I take lots of books, my iPod photo, face/hand cream, camera, mobile phone....... but most of my bag is full of "stuff" for the children - even though they each have their own :rolleyes: . DH takes his laptop and does work - yes, even on the way to the happiest celebration on Earth!

Passports, tickets, money etc. These don't leave my side!

Also books, bottled water, magazines, pen for Visa Waiver forms ;) Gameboys and travel sickness tablets for DD.

It doesn't seem very much listed like that but I know I always struggle to do my bag up :teeth:

Hehe well let me start by saying that I'm probably far from average in this respect...

The first thing I do after boarding the plane (even before takeoff) is get changed into really comfortable clothes. I'm talking joggers, comfy big top and big comfy socks. So that's first on my packing list. Second, I moisturise my face, hands and feet several times during the flight. Once we are approaching MCO I freshen up and change back to my "normal" clothes.

Why do I bother? I believe it really helps to fight jetlag. My DH used to think I was nuts, but last time he followed my regime and he had to admit that he didn't get jetlagged at all! :smooth:

Anyway, just thought I'd explain the first part of my packing list... :teeth:

- Comfy travel clothes
- Moisturiser
- Wipes
- Headphones (hate the cheap ones you get on board)
- iPaq (has mp3 player and games on)
- Book
- Bottle of mineral water (can't drink too much water on board, need to stay hydrated. Also helps ensure you move around the cabin enough... :rotfl: )
- Something snacky, like biscuits or something

That's it. Sounds like a lot, I know, but it hardly takes up any room at all - about 1/3 of the space in my handluggage (which is well within the size limits for international flight standards).

Charlotte

I carry what most of you have mentioned and I always carry spare underware just in case! You never know if you might have to stay somewhere without your luggage.

I always make sure I have Ibruprofen in case of a headache. I also take an antispasmodic as sitting for a long time gives me stomach cramps. Moisturiser, lip balm, documents, jewellery, book, water, camera. I don't take food as I think you don't need much to eat onboard and they serve so much anyway.

Tony takes the video, his medication, water and anything I can't fit in mine!

I always look like I'm off on some expedition, there is so much in my bag, it has the usual passports, dosh, paperwork, jewellry, make-up bag (inc.lip balm), flight socks, paracetamol/nurofen/rennie, wipes, tissues, tube of pringles, water & finally boiled sweets for when your ears pop.

I have a pilots flight case, in that goes my laptop, my phone and all the various chargers, folders with tickets, money, cheque books and passports etc.., tablets, shaver, multi plug, book for reading, sunglasses, keys, dvd's for the Ewok to watch aftershave (for after shaving before landing) "mens other things" :rotfl:

Well my list it like this now

tickets
passports
annual tickets
aaa pass
money (uk, usa and disney)
Oakleys = 2 pairs
Wet wipes
boiled sweets
make up
Magazines
Camera
Phone
Documents
Hair brush

so my bags gonna look full, bought a lovely oakley wallet to match my bag now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter