Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

I've never stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach, but my family did stay at the Best Western Cocoa Beach about 8 years ago when we were taking a cruise from Port Canaveral. From what I remember, the port wasn't far away. We rented a car at MCO and dropped it off at their Port Canaveral office. They had a shuttle bus that then took you the 5 minutes to the port.

We've booked this room before our upcoming cruise but have never stayed there before. I'm a bit nervous about it after reading a handful of negative reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm trying to put a positive spin on it though and to remember it's only a 1 night stay.

Has anyone stayed here? Any problems getting to the Port from here?

We had 3 rooms there. It is a nice hotel. No frills. There is a nice breakfast in the morning (typical Hampton style) and a shuttle. I can not remember what the cost was, but very reasonable. Just make sure you make reservations for the shuttle at the desk when you check in or earlier if you can.

I will stay there again.

We had 3 rooms there. It is a nice hotel. No frills. There is a nice breakfast in the morning (typical Hampton style) and a shuttle. I can not remember what the cost was, but very reasonable. Just make sure you make reservations for the shuttle at the desk when you check in or earlier if you can.

I will stay there again.

May I ask when you stayed there?

We stayed at the Hampton Inn our last cruise in May of 2012. Booked the Fly, Snooze & Cruise package. Included all transfers to and from MCO and the cruise terminal. I do not recall how long the shuttle ride was to the port, but it was not long.

All are 'oceanview', rooms are all accessed by outside doors. Not an issue to me more of an observation. Room clean and comfortable, though may be dated.

Standard hotel with ocean views with direct beach access via a short path. And the included breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare!

My DW and I loved walking the beach the evening before our cruise!

We stayed here last January 2013 and again this past January 2014. We really enjoy the hotel and the cost is reasonable. I am a huge stickler when it comes to cleanliness in a hotel room, almost anal :) and I will say this is a very clean hotel. The only thing I would complain about would be that the rooms are outdated, they could be renovated with new colors and design but over all the hotel is very clean and nice. The rooms are ocean view and of course you are in walking distance to the ocean and everything else in PC. We did the fly, snooze and cruise pacakge, which was a great price! It takes approximately 5-10 minutes to get to the port from the hotel and the company they use is Travelynx, which is a great company. We are cruising next year and will stay again with Hampton.

I just stayed there on the 24th. It was my second visit for the Park and Cruise. Dated yes, but clean and great staff. Would stay again.

Anybody able to compare this to the nearby double tree? Both are hilton hotels, and that's our chain of choice.

We have stayed at both. We stay at Hilton brands.

Hampton inn was fine. Dated. Clean. Nice size rooms. Pool was fine. Walk to beach was down an alley.

Doubletree. Oceanview room which was a plus. We still have free breakfast since husband is gold. Nice size rooms. Pool was nicer.

They are both relatively the same distance from port. Just felt doubletree was a nicer hotel. This upcoming trip we chose doubletree. It cost about 25.00 more than Hampton.

They charge extra per person on the fly, snooze and cruise package, right? I booked a regular room and reserved a rental vehicle but not sure which is best.

We have stayed at both. We stay at Hilton brands. Hampton inn was fine. Dated. Clean. Nice size rooms. Pool was fine. Walk to beach was down an alley. Doubletree. Oceanview room which was a plus. We still have free breakfast since husband is gold. Nice size rooms. Pool was nicer. They are both relatively the same distance from port. Just felt doubletree was a nicer hotel. This upcoming trip we chose doubletree. It cost about 25.00 more than Hampton.

Perfect. Thanks!

I also checked the Hampton Cocoa Beach out as an option for the Park and Cruise. We stayed there last March during Spring Break. As OP stated the rooms are dated but clean. After doing some more checking I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Titusville. It's about 30 from the port and they will give you a coupon for parking at the port. For a 7 night cruise it is $63 - discount depends on # of nights cruising. It was less expensive and I will have my car right there when I get off the ship.

We have stayed at both. We stay at Hilton brands. Hampton inn was fine. Dated. Clean. Nice size rooms. Pool was fine. Walk to beach was down an alley. Doubletree. Oceanview room which was a plus. We still have free breakfast since husband is gold. Nice size rooms. Pool was nicer. They are both relatively the same distance from port. Just felt doubletree was a nicer hotel. This upcoming trip we chose doubletree. It cost about 25.00 more than Hampton.

We are here now. Good hotel. Thanks for the recommendation.

No problem. :) enjoy. We will be there in 2 months. Have you noticed where the closest liquor store is?

We stayed there on our first cruise in 2004. The rooms were not what I expected of Hampton, but that was probably because of the age of the hotel.

When Country Inn and Suites opened, we stayed there and have been ever since.

Its the newest hotel in the area, and is also the closest to the port.

They have split rooms for families that allow kids to be in their own area and watch their own tv while the parents have another tv.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott right next door to the Hampton one night before and after Oct 2013 cruise. Lobby brand new, rooms were older, but staff was amazing. Recommended pizza (NY PIZZA) and directions to Target/Walmart for snacks. Small bistro area, we just got bagels/scones in the AM for a reasonable price. We got to the hotel about 10 AM after our cruise, asked to drop our luggage and they actually got us into rooms that early at no extra charge! I know we were lucky and they had rooms open, but they did not have to do that. We will go back just because of that extra step they took.:cool2:

Sorry - did not answer your question. We had rental cars, short 15-20 min drive to port from the Hampton Inn/Courtyard Marriott. Several liquor stores on the way, Publix on the west side of the road, we stopped at a small store on the way to port on our side of the road for easier on/off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter