Hamilton Tickets

Tanzanite

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip my daughters 16th birthday anyone been to see Hamilton in New York? I dont know weather we would get good view in the lower price seats do they have a good view all seats or are higher price ones better ? thanks for help never gone to theatre much so no experience.

Have you looked at the prices and ticket availibilty? Because when I was trying to go, either everything was obstructed view or mind meltingly expensive. And generally I am not a cheapskate when it comes to live theater.

I'd buy the cheapest nonobstruction view seat available unless you can drop a grand, and then I'd buy the best seats available.

when are you thinking of going? its pretty much sold out for months and months. You may get some resale tickets but expect to pay for it.

I have been trying to get the lower price tickets ($200) for almost 2 years. Literally 5 minutes after they release them they are gone. I am not willing to risk the secondary market, and cannot afford $500+ a ticket. Luckily, the touring company is coming to my area next year, so hopefully I can get tickets for that.

I have been trying to get the lower price tickets ($200) for almost 2 years. Literally 5 minutes after they release them they are gone. I am not willing to risk the secondary market, and cannot afford $500+ a ticket. Luckily, the touring company is coming to my area next year, so hopefully I can get tickets for that.

Right???
I thought the same thing about the touring company but judging by San Diego availability, I haven't got a prayer:scared:

I am willing to go up to $600 ticket as its her most wanted present the tickets are available for Mezzanine side view dont know if thats good .Several resalers have them.

I've been to see Hamilton and it was even better than I expected. My sister managed to score tickets as a Christmas gift for me a year before our show date when they went on sale online. She didn't have to go through the secondary market- she was lucky. She paid $377 and some change for 2 tickets for the first row of the mezzanine and on the end on right. They were a bit of an obstructed view, but we didn't miss much at all as not much action took place out of our view. I believe it was just a few lines sung from that side of the stage. The closer you are to the center, the more likely you are to have a better, unobstructed view. If your daughter is a musical theatre fan, or a Hamilton fan, it will totally be worth it and she will already know how hard tickets are to get and will appreciate them anyway they come! Hamilton also offers a lotto drawing for every performance that is free to enter- which has scored tons of people tickets who didn't have any in the first place, but also won better seats for ticket holders.
Good luck getting tickets- to you and to everybody else above. It isn't easy, but it's worth it! :)

When I looked at tickets last month, they were all over $1,200 on the secondary market. Box office tickets weren't available until September, and they were still $800 each. It will be a while before I see that show.

Right???
I thought the same thing about the touring company but judging by San Diego availability, I haven't got a prayer:scared:

Broadway San Diego hasn't put the individual show tickets for Hamilton on sale yet. Resellers have them, not sure how, I guess they are selling futures? We got the season to make sure we would get to see it, probably cheaper than buying just that show at resale.

I'm sure there will be a huge rush as they put the single shows on sale, maybe you'll get lucky!

Only buy direct from Ticket master. Ticketmaster will show you resell and regular tickets. If you buy from anyone other the ticketmaster they are probably fake.

Mezz is fine in that theater. Side you miss a tiny bit but not a lot. Stick to front Mezz if you can but back in that theater is fine. I've sat in the last seat in the last row and had no problems seeing 90% of the shows. I took a photo from aviewfrommyseat.com to show you rear mezz side view.

Do not pay that much for rear orchestra. Rear orchestra (past row M I believ) is under the overhang so you miss anything and everything on the 2nd story of the stage. Sure you hear it but for 200+ I want to see it as well. If you have any direct questions on rows go ahead and give the row and seat and I can tell you what it is like. I've seen it 4 times on Broadway and have seen many shows in that theater over the years so am pretty familiar.

Attachments

• AD553B88-9F39-4C39-ACB4-E3FBD0989724-4554-000002A4DFB1F3AE.jpeg
    AD553B88-9F39-4C39-ACB4-E3FBD0989724-4554-000002A4DFB1F3AE.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
I am planning a trip my daughters 16th birthday anyone been to see Hamilton in New York? I dont know weather we would get good view in the lower price seats do they have a good view all seats or are higher price ones better ? thanks for help never gone to theatre much so no experience.

I'm in NY. Tickets are sold out for months. You'd have to do resale on stubhub. The markup is ridiculous

Right???

I've gotten tickets for Chicago three times now (twice during the first release, one during the most recent release). It took three devices, a few browsers, and about an hour when they first went on sale, but it was totally do-able. I can't say it'll be the same everywhere, but it was possible.

Broadway San Diego hasn't put the individual show tickets for Hamilton on sale yet. Resellers have them, not sure how, I guess they are selling futures? We got the season to make sure we would get to see it, probably cheaper than buying just that show at resale.

I'm sure there will be a huge rush as they put the single shows on sale, maybe you'll get lucky!

I know. But I suspect once the resellers are done, or the season pass folks get their season pass seats, nothing much will be left. Mainly because I think there are enough people who bought season passes for that purpose that it'll be sell out shows. If I lived closer to SD, I'd honestly buy a season pass, as I love theater and I do really want to see Hamilton. But I just couldn't justify the price added to the price of plane tickets and lodging.

I've gotten tickets for Chicago three times now (twice during the first release, one during the most recent release). It took three devices, a few browsers, and about an hour when they first went on sale, but it was totally do-able. I can't say it'll be the same everywhere, but it was possible.

That sounds like me doing camping reservations. All right! I'll give it a try, thanks!

A few weeks ago I was able to get Hamilton Chicago tickets from Ticketmaster, for December. There is a way to sign up for alerts to get an email or text when a new set of tickets goes on sale.

I've been to see Hamilton and it was even better than I expected. My sister managed to score tickets as a Christmas gift for me a year before our show date when they went on sale online. She didn't have to go through the secondary market- she was lucky. She paid $377 and some change for 2 tickets for the first row of the mezzanine and on the end on right. They were a bit of an obstructed view, but we didn't miss much at all as not much action took place out of our view. I believe it was just a few lines sung from that side of the stage. The closer you are to the center, the more likely you are to have a better, unobstructed view. If your daughter is a musical theatre fan, or a Hamilton fan, it will totally be worth it and she will already know how hard tickets are to get and will appreciate them anyway they come! Hamilton also offers a lotto drawing for every performance that is free to enter- which has scored tons of people tickets who didn't have any in the first place, but also won better seats for ticket holders.
Good luck getting tickets- to you and to everybody else above. It isn't easy, but it's worth it! :)
Thank you so much she really wants to see Hamilton so much i know i will pay high prices but i think it will be worth it.

Only buy direct from Ticket master. Ticketmaster will show you resell and regular tickets. If you buy from anyone other the ticketmaster they are probably fake.

Mezz is fine in that theater. Side you miss a tiny bit but not a lot. Stick to front Mezz if you can but back in that theater is fine. I've sat in the last seat in the last row and had no problems seeing 90% of the shows. I took a photo from aviewfrommyseat.com to show you rear mezz side view.

Do not pay that much for rear orchestra. Rear orchestra (past row M I believ) is under the overhang so you miss anything and everything on the 2nd story of the stage. Sure you hear it but for 200+ I want to see it as well. If you have any direct questions on rows go ahead and give the row and seat and I can tell you what it is like. I've seen it 4 times on Broadway and have seen many shows in that theater over the years so am pretty familiar.
Wow you are lucky we are just coming for the weekend it will be a 16th birthday she will remember her twin brother hes not interested thank goodness at the prices .Thank you i will let you know which seat we get .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter