Hamburger Bun Question

Ex Cast Member

Earning My Ears
Any place in the parks that DOESN't have the whole gain cardboard buns? I keep reading reviews about how bad they are.

13 days! :banana:

Every CS we have tried have the same buns. Hamburger and hot dogs. I have read you can ask for plain white bread rolls but won't know if thats true til Nov 30 when we get there again. These rolls are really bad. They are so dry and crumbly. They fall apart as you are eating.

When I was at WDW this past August all the counter service locations I went to all had whole wheat bread. Now at Beaches & Cream they had the regular white bread, so it seems the table service restaurants did not change them.

All the CS in the parks have the same buns. You can't ask for regular white buns, they don't have any. You can ask for gluten-free tapioca buns but they are nothing like regular white buns.

You would have to try a CS that is not operated by Disney to get regular buns. Not sure there is such a thing inside the parks. There are several non-Disney CS at Downtown Disney but I can't think of any that serve hamburgers except maybe the new Pollo Campero, I thought I saw somewhere that they did have hamburgers.

When we were in Disney we were told they are all grain buns...if they were wheat I think they would hold together better.
But ..hubby is AGAIN threatening to bring some hamburg buns from home......we dont eat burgers very often but I love the WDW burgers WHEN they were on regular buns..
Wonder what the cs would say when we order our burgers and say HOLD THE BUN....

hubby is AGAIN threatening to bring some hamburg buns from home

1) Might be the best choice.
2) MrsRustyScupper worker Pecos Bill lat week (and this coming week).
3) She was surprised how many people took the burger off the bun.
4) The amount of buns going into the trash is unbelievable !

The hamburger buns aren't as bad as there were a year ago. My dh's actually stayed together and he said it tasted ok.
I just skipped it altogether by ordering a wrap at Cosmic Rays!

The hamburger buns aren't as bad as there were a year ago. My dh's actually stayed together and he said it tasted ok.

This is true from my point of view. I was on the bandwagon about bringing in my own hot dog and hamburger buns but after our last trip just a few weeks ago, my husband and I agree it's gotten a lot better. We're not so quick to lambast the buns now. It's still not the greatest thing in the world but if it keeps the healthy freaks happy, we can deal with it.

I've avoided counter service burgers the last couple trips. The trip before the buns fell apart after a couple bites. I did have a chili cheese dog at the American pavilion last week, though. It did look like the wheat buns (what I could see buried under all the chili and cheese ;)) I ate it with a knife and fork so I can't say whether it was better than they used to be. I'm sure DH had some burgers during the week and he didn't seem to be have any "bun issues" but I don't remember if any of them were from counter service places. :confused3

The hamburger bunswe got a SCi-FI last May were regular white buns, as were the ones at ESPN, but they are both TS. I am almost positive the buns we got in May 09 at TS places were white buns also. It may just be CS places that all made the switch.

Well gross, I love good bread and these buns are not sounding too great! I think I will steer clear of burgers at CS places....what about the buns or bread for the sandwiches at Starring Rolls?

We atr at PBills 3 times and twice the bun was fine, nice and fresh. I thought the people on the Dis Boards were crazy. ;)Then the 3rd time it was dry and stale and fell apart. :sick: On the way out of the park I filled out a survey about food and I made sure to mention it :rolleyes:

DH and I have been very disappointed with the rolls for burgers and hot dogs on property. I know good, healthy options are out there because they use fabulous bread for their tuna salad.

It is indeed wonderful that Disney wants to please those who are always looking for a way to stay healthy, and we watch labels on a daily basis. That being said, I would like to enjoy my occasional indulgence in a Chili Cheese Dog on a bun worthy of my transgression.

I, for one, will be carrying my roll into the park during our coming visit. Perhaps I could take an entire pack and make a :laughing: profit at the same time.

its not just the buns, it's the pizza crust too! i suffer from crohns and find my time at disney painful when it comes to eating qs. my crohns has been in an active flare for almost 2 yrs now and throwing mulitgrain into the mix doesn't help me in the least. i dread eating any of it but know chances are i'm going to have to and deal with all the side effects later on.

i should give disney a call in the am about it. this is a dietary need, and i know i'm not the only one out there that suffers from this, nor hates the thought of having to eat "healthy" and be in pain from it. hoping my new meds will be working well enough by feb!

I eat whole wheat hamburger and hot dog buns at home all the time - I'm just not a fan of plain old white bread.

That said, I don't know what those things are Disney is serving....those buns are just ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter