HalloWishes on non-party nights?

KristiT

Mouseketeer
Is HalloWishes still shown on non-party nights in late October? The last time we went in October, back in 2006, we made a special trip to MK on a non-party night to catch Wishes. We were disappointed when HalloWishes was shown instead. We're headed back this October and I've planned for us to hop over to MK on 10/24 to catch Wishes, but I don't want to make the special trip if it will be HalloWishes again.

Is HalloWishes still shown on non-party nights in late October? The last time we went in October, back in 2006, we made a special trip to MK on a non-party night to catch Wishes. We were disappointed when HalloWishes was shown instead. We're headed back this October and I've planned for us to hop over to MK on 10/24 to catch Wishes, but I don't want to make the special trip if it will be HalloWishes again.

i haven't heard of that happening in the last several years (and didn't know it used to happen way back in 2006)... You should be able to check the website right now to see what dates wishes are to make sure it lines up with when your going to be at mk and no surprises.

You should be able to check the website right now to see what dates wishes are
That was actually the reason for our "surprise" as Wishes was listed as being shown that night. When I got back home and inquired about this, I was told that they switched over to showing HalloWishes as it got closer to Halloween.

That was actually the reason for our "surprise" as Wishes was listed as being shown that night. When I got back home and inquired about this, I was told that they switched over to showing HalloWishes as it got closer to Halloween.
That does not happen anymore. You can only see Hallowishes (from inside the park) during the hard-ticket event.

Never heard of this. Makes no sense since party continues to Halloween.

I know at Disneyland, if they load the fireworks and can't set them off because of weather, they have to go off the next night, even if it is special "event" fireworks on a regular park day.

They don't get cancelled as often at WDW, but maybe this is what the OP has heard of happening?

You were disappointed? Hallowishes is actually way better than regular wishes. I'd be ecstatic if they showed hallowishes instead! Just sayin :)

That does not happen anymore. You can only see Hallowishes (from inside the park) during the hard-ticket event.
As another poster mentioned, you can see it from a few places, the poly beach as well as the TTC ferry dock....to name a few.

We watched Hollowishes from the beach at the Poly last October. ::yes::
Of course you can see them elsewhere, it's not like they can stop you from seeing fireworks in the sky just because you are not in the park.
The question is which ones will be going off. PP was trying to indicate that they do not normally set off HalloWishes on a night where there isn't a Halloween party
If they do it's some unusual circumstance that caused it

We watched Hollowishes from the beach at the Poly last October. ::yes::

You were disappointed? Hallowishes is actually way better than regular wishes. I'd be ecstatic if they showed hallowishes instead! Just sayin :)

As another poster mentioned, you can see it from a few places, the poly beach as well as the TTC ferry dock....to name a few.

Thanks guys, I know you can see it outside the park, which is why I indicated that I was answering OP's question about watching Hallowishes while at MK.

Thank you so much for actually answering my question. I will keep our plan to hop over to MK to see Wishes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter