• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloweentime is over, hope you all had fun! Until next year....TTFN!

Here's some pictures from Disneyland last year at Halloween time to get everyone excited! :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana:

PA060106.jpg

PA060108.jpg

PA070152.jpg

So is anyone (anyone as in you adults) going to dress up??

I'm thinking about it, but the party ends at 11:30 and I'm sure if we're not totally tired we'll hop over to DL until Main Street closes and they're not going to let a 21 year old dressed up like Alice into DL.. :worried:

Anyone going to wear a costume?

I am. I think I am going to be Minnie Mouse this year, possibly Snow White. It depends on my kids. I want my 4 year old to be Grumpy (I have the best Grumpy costume for him), be he doesnt want to be Grumpy. My youngest is going to be Mickey, that is why I am going to be Minnie. I am trying to convince my 2yo to be Pluto before the Pluto costume doesnt fit him, his fantasia mickey will still fit him next year.

We'll be dresisng up as well, but nothing Disney related.

We're going to a 1969 themed costume party a couple of weeks before and have decided to reuse that costumes for the Halloween Treat.

Tye-dyed shirts are hopefully not that suspicous, and the artificial flowers for my hair can be discarded easily. :rolleyes1

We're going to a 1969 themed costume party a couple of weeks before and have decided to reuse that costumes for the Halloween Treat.

Tye-dyed shirts are hopefully not that suspicous, and the artificial flowers for my hair can be discarded easily. :rolleyes1

How cute you will look and you will stand out in a crowd!

Here's some pictures from Disneyland last year at Halloween time to get everyone excited! :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana:

So is anyone (anyone as in you adults) going to dress up??

I'm thinking about it, but the party ends at 11:30 and I'm sure if we're not totally tired we'll hop over to DL until Main Street closes and they're not going to let a 21 year old dressed up like Alice into DL.. :worried:

Anyone going to wear a costume?
I'm already so excited, I cannot wait!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I think I will dress up. I'm not sure in what yet, but it's been ages since I've worn a costume and I'm going to go for it. I have no clue as what yet. I doubt it will be something Disney-ish.
I'll have to see when it gets closer what would sound good to me. And also what the weather is as that will play a factor in what I wear as well.

Thanks for the pics!! :thumbsup2

Hi guys! My Dh and I and our 3 kiddos will be there on the night of October 16th! We can't wait!!:cool1:
Hey, that's when we'll be there! ::yes::

That's a great idea! Wear something that can be easily disassembled so if you want you can head over to DL afterwards.

How cool! I will have my eye out for some perty lime green!! Who is we?!!

We will be there the 17th!!! I know it will probably be busy since that is when Utah invades DL but it is the only time we can go. Last year I was pregnant so we didn't stay very long...this year we will have our little boy with us. We are so looking forward to it!!! We are going to dress him up in a Squirt costume!!!

We are part of that Utah invasion and it hasn't been too bad the past couple of years when we were there. Although, we don't ever go on the weekend! We are dressing our then 11 month old up as Squirt also!! We got it on the Disney Outlet site for like $4!!

Can't wait! :banana: :banana:

We are part of that Utah invasion and it hasn't been too bad the past couple of years when we were there. Although, we don't ever go on the weekend! We are dressing our then 11 month old up as Squirt also!! We got it on the Disney Outlet site for like $4!!

Can't wait! :banana: :banana:

I didn't even think of Utah invasion weekend! Is it really crowded?

Squirt! That's soo cute! They have a lot of very cute custumes on the Disney Outlet site right now!

I'm already so excited, I cannot wait!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I think I will dress up. I'm not sure in what yet, but it's been ages since I've worn a costume and I'm going to go for it. I have no clue as what yet. I doubt it will be something Disney-ish.
I'll have to see when it get closer what would sounds good to me. And also what the weather is as that will play a factor in what I wear as well.

Thanks for the pics!! :thumbsup2

That's a great idea! Wear something that can be easily disassembled so if you want you can head over to DL afterwards.

I'm going to dress up, too! I might make my own costume, I would be Gus Gus from Cinderella, if I don't find one I like from the Disney Store. I was the Queen of Hearts last year. It was great!:goodvibes

How cute you will look and you will stand out in a crowd!

Maybe I'll meet some of you guys. Room Mate has told me to try and go for October 31 if I want and if we can get the tickets in advance after all.
so if you see somebody looking like a Pooh-sized wood fairy in autum feel free to say hi. ;)

My hair's very short, so I'm going to wear a wreath decorated with some leaves and small sunflowers. I kind of look like a autumn fairy until you see the rest of my clothes, so I am not totally off the Disney subject I guess. :goodvibes

The whole costume looks really nice. We dyed our shirts ourselves and all that jazz. Mine is all in red and yellow. I'm really proud everything turned out so well. It was the first time I've ever done this.

I started with yellow and the dye wasn't that bad. When I went on to red I realized that it may have been a smart move to wear gloves. My hands looked like I clawed my way out of a locked closet or something for days. :lmao:

Exactly that was our plan.

I was going to stuff the flowers in my bag. But if they want me to discard them it won't be a problem. We got them from the Dollar Store, so they're certainly not irreplacable.

I didn't even think of Utah invasion weekend! Is it really crowded?

I am not sure specifically about the "Utah Invasion" but we go every year in early October - we often run into a lot of Canadians because I think it around the time of Canada's Thanksgiving. I can tell you that Monday is generally a little busy, Tuesday and Wednesday are really crowd-free, Thursday gets a little busier, Friday is pretty busy, especially in the late-afternoon/evening when it seems that a lot of locals come and Saturday is really crowded - at least compared to Tuesday/Wednesday. I don't know if a Saturday in October is as bad as any day in the summer but it sure is crowded after being there all week with few crowds. I would assume that this pattern is fairly true all October.

Kathie

please put me down for October 3rd!

How cool! I will have my eye out for some perty lime green!! Who is we?!!
We would be myself, my DH and our four kids. :thumbsup2 We've been there at Halloween time before but this will be our first time going to the party and I cannot wait!!!

Love the Squirt costume idea! How cute.

I'm going to dress up, too! I might make my own costume, I would be Gus Gus from Cinderella, if I don't find one I like from the Disney Store. I was the Queen of Hearts last year. It was great!:goodvibes
Gus Gus! I love that! OMG, all you guys are so creative. And here I was just gonna run out and buy something. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: I probably still will since I am totally uncreative and lazy (LOL) but I love hearing about all these cool costume ideas. :yay:

I am not sure specifically about the "Utah Invasion" but we go every year in early October - we often run into a lot of Canadians because I think it around the time of Canada's Thanksgiving. I can tell you that Monday is generally a little busy, Tuesday and Wednesday are really crowd-free, Thursday gets a little busier, Friday is pretty busy, especially in the late-afternoon/evening when it seems that a lot of locals come and Saturday is really crowded - at least compared to Tuesday/Wednesday. I don't know if a Saturday in October is as bad as any day in the summer but it sure is crowded after being there all week with few crowds. I would assume that this pattern is fairly true all October.

Kathie

We usually go on weekends anyways! So it can't be that bad! Oh well! :upsidedow

Gus Gus! I love that! OMG, all you guys are so creative. And here I was just gonna run out and buy something. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: I probably still will since I am totally uncreative and lazy (LOL) but I love hearing about all these cool costume ideas. :yay:

Seriously, Cristabel, that would be super cute!! I know, I'm not that creative either Beth.. I think I'm just going to buy something, lol. :bitelip:

We are going to try to get tickets for October 16 - but I can't get them until August 1 (not AP or Disney Visa :sad2: ) So unless anyone has any brilliant ideas, we wait until August first and then hop on the phone ASAP!

We would be myself, my DH and our four kids. :thumbsup2 We've been there at Halloween time before but this will be our first time going to the party and I cannot wait!!!

Love the Squirt costume idea! How cute.

I too am not creative, and I am also quite lazy. I put everything off as long as I can, except for planning vacations that is!!:goodvibes But I have seen some really quite adult Disney costumes, so I am definately going to be somebody. I kinda wanna match one of my kids though, so we will see.
Courtney-I love the Alice costumes, I was gonna be the Mad Hatter last year!! (a very cute girlie one!! I kept putting off on ordering it and they ended up not having my size.)

We are going to try to get tickets for October 16 - but I can't get them until August 1 (not AP or Disney Visa :sad2: ) So unless anyone has any brilliant ideas, we wait until August first and then hop on the phone ASAP!
That's when we'll be there! :thumbsup2
I'm sorry you have to wait. That's not fun, but we are already in June so it's not too bad, and I'm sure there will still be plenty of tickets left. :)

My family will be going on the 29th. We bought our tickets yesterday. I thought it was kind of interesting that there were less dates for AP's to choose from and it's more expensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I went to the one in the MK @ WDW and it was so great. I hope one day they'll do this in DL.

We are planning to be at DL from Oct. 21-25. Do you think 14 and 10 year old boys would enjoy this, or should we just "hop" over to DL during this time?

We are planning to be at DL from Oct. 21-25. Do you think 14 and 10 year old boys would enjoy this, or should we just "hop" over to DL during this time?
Honestly, I don't know. I've never been but truth be told, from what I've read, I'm worried about my 13 year old son being bored as well. He could care less about dressing up and trick or treating and doing crafty things, or taking pics with the characters. So I don't know. :confused3

I am still going though because I also have 3 girls who I know will love it. So in our case, he's going to have to suck it up for one night. :rotfl:

But if you've got two boys of that age......well, I'm not sure. :confused: Maybe someone who's been can offer an opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter