HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing that some of the Fridays are less expensive because DLR must have assessed which nights of last year's party drew in the fewest guests. Whichever nights were the busiest, they would probably charge more ($64) for the equivalent nights this year. Whichever nights were the least busy, they would charge less ($54) for those nights (or the nights closest to those 2011 dates) this year.

I'm just guessing at the reasoning for it, but it makes a little bit of sense.:rotfl2:

Unless someone knows about this over in Kristin's check-In thread for the MHP, I have a hunch we might find that out about the combo tour/party tickets when the MHP tickets go on sale to the general public (July 16). Just a guess. Either that or maybe there will be an upcoming Halloween Time press release with info about the whole season which will include the combo tour/party info.

Thanks Sherry!

Yw glade to help. Ya we are going this year instead of doing F deserts (we had perfect seats last time just showing up early. So we deiced the parade rides and not missing any party hours makes the tour+party combo works for us and its a good bday gift for my son.

I have no idea if we are going to go, one party the whole time we are there.

I have a AP voucher, so i think I would have to call in. DH said he would prefer to just ignore it. No clue what to do.

For the tickets I always order mine online and they get mailed to me so I have the physical ticket :) They always say Mickey's Halloween Party" and then the date on them

I have looked at the 2011 info from this thread and cannot see the prices for the Disney Visa tickets. Is it usually the same as AP advance discount, regular advance discount or somewhere in between?:confused3

I probably looked right over it, but my disappointment is clouding my vision right now:sad1: I had hoped for a party on the 16th, but it is on Monday the 15th. We arrive Tuesday morning and cannot come earlier as we are already missing one day of school for DH and both DDs. Now, the only option during our stay is the Friday party, which is more expensive and more crowded, and we'll have to add a day to our parkhoppers, so more money there, too.:headache:

I know it will all be OK, but they really threw a kink in my plans:sad2:

I probably looked right over it, but my disappointment is clouding my vision right now:sad1: I had hoped for a party on the 16th, but it is on Monday the 15th. We arrive Tuesday morning and cannot come earlier as we are already missing one day of school for DH and both DDs. Now, the only option during our stay is the Friday party, which is more expensive and more crowded, and we'll have to add a day to our parkhoppers, so more money there, too.:headache:

Sorry to hear it, pasofan. But you don't need to add a day to your parkhoppers if you don't want to. The party ticket itself will get you into the parks 3 hours before the party (so 4pm for a 7pm party). I'd probably still choose to get another PH day, to be able to go in the morning. But you have a choice.

-Bob

Sorry to hear it, pasofan. But you don't need to add a day to your parkhoppers if you don't want to. The party ticket itself will get you into the parks 3 hours before the party (so 4pm for a 7pm party). I'd probably still choose to get another PH day, to be able to go in the morning. But you have a choice.

-Bob

Agreed, you can always rent a car that morning if you don't have one and go check out Hollywood or some other local site :)

i was going to say don't upgrade just use the party ticket to get in at 4pm but its up to you guys. good luck

General Information on Mickey's Halloween Party​

$46 if purchased before and used on these dates:​
September 28, October 2, October 5, October 9, October 15 and October 23​

Advance Ticket Price for general public (starting on July 16, 2012):
$54 if purchased before and used on these dates:​
September 28, October 2, October 5, October 9, October 15 and October 23​

Day-Of-Event Ticket Prices:
$64 if purchased and used on these dates:​
September 28, October 2, October 5, October 9, October 12, October 15, October 19, October 23 and October 26​

I'm sorry, but I've looked and searched and I can't figure out, can I pre-buy tickets for October 19 or do I have to buy them on the 19th for the higher price?

I'm incredibly disappointed, too. I was really hoping for the October 16 party, but it's on a Monday instead. Does anyone know why? Ugh. How frustrating and disappointing.

hmmm....for those who have attended in previous years, would you say it is better to go to the party on a Friday night or Tuesday night?? We prefer smaller crowds. Does it make a difference as far as crowds at the party on Friday or Tuesday?? Thx!! :D

I have looked at the 2011 info from this thread and cannot see the prices for the Disney Visa tickets. Is it usually the same as AP advance discount, regular advance discount or somewhere in between?:confused3

pasofan -

The discounts for Disney Visa and Disney Vacation Club people should be exactly the same as the AP discounts, but no one knows with 100% certainty yet. We are assuming that Disney Visa and DVC people are getting the discounts too this year - the MHP site seems to only acknowledge the AP holders!

I'm sorry, but I've looked and searched and I can't figure out, can I pre-buy tickets for October 19 or do I have to buy them on the 19th for the higher price?

laura&fam -

Too funny! I put the link to the official MHP page on the Disneyland website on Page 1, Post #1 of this thread today - right near the top. That's the one that should be referred to for any questions right now.

I then started to update Liza/funatdisney's post (which you quoted above) with info for this year, and it was buried on Page 2 of this thread. I was trying to update it using the same basic format Liza had put together last year, so as not to totally change things around in the event she comes back to this thread and wants to work on that post herself. I didn't have time to finish it, and I figured, "Oh well - everyone is going to the MHP page on the Disneyland site anyway. No one is looking at Liza's post from last year right now. I'll get back to it later."

And sure enough, that's exactly the post you went to and pulled up!:rotfl2: Sorry for the confusion.

Girimama33 -

I have a link to the official MHP page on the Disneyland website in Post #1, Page 1 of this thread, right near the top. I never expected anyone would go straight to Liza/funatdisney's post on Page 2 of this thread for info! I haven't finished updating her post yet, and I'm not sure if she will have time to get here and rework it herself (she has been very busy).

Personally, I haven't seen a format for the dates and prices of the MHP that I like thus far, in any year - either on the DLR website or anywhere else. It's because there are too many different prices involved, and it's confusing no matter how you slice it! But yes, the tables/column format is probably the lesser of several evils!

I'm incredibly disappointed, too. I was really hoping for the October 16 party, but it's on a Monday instead. Does anyone know why? Ugh. How frustrating and disappointing.

canadian_ehngel -

I was saying earlier today that the 10/15 party probably means that there is a private event in Disneyland on 10/16 - like a party for a certain corporation or something. That's what happened last year. There was a party on Monday, 10/3 instead of Tuesday, 10/4 because there was a private event on 10/4.

hmmm....for those who have attended in previous years, would you say it is better to go to the party on a Friday night or Tuesday night?? We prefer smaller crowds. Does it make a difference as far as crowds at the party on Friday or Tuesday?? Thx!! :D

Here4mydisneyfix -

Fridays will always be busier than Mondays and Tuesdays, I think. However, last year I went to the MHP on a Monday and I didn't really view it as being uncrowded. It looked like it could have been a Friday or Saturday night, in my opinion! So I have a feeling that Tuesday nights may be more popular than they used to be, but there may not be as many people there as on a Friday.

Okay, I changed the Date & Pricing info in Post #2 (Liza/funatdisney's post about the party) to make it a little clearer than it was earlier today! It's a date by date breakdown so it should be pretty straightforward!

As we find out more info, it can be added in!

Mickey's Halloween Party 2012's official page

Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park 2012 -- Dates & Pricing Information

Friday, September 28, 2012 -- 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m

Ticket Price When Purchased in Advance - $54.00​
Advanced Annual Passholder Ticket Price - $46.00​
Ticket Price When Purchased on Event Date - $64.00​

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 -- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Ticket Price When Purchased in Advance - $54.00​

Friday, October 5, 2012 -- 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.

Ticket Price When When Purchased in Advance - $54.00​

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 -- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Friday, October 12, 2012 -- 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.

Ticket Price When When Purchased in Advance - $64.00​
Advanced Annual Passholder Ticket Price - $64.00​

Monday, October 15, 2012 -- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Friday, October 19, 2012 -- 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 -- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Friday, October 26, 2012 -- 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.

Monday, October 29, 2012 -- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Ticket Price When When Purchased in Advance - $69.00​
Advanced Annual Passholder Ticket Price - $69.00​
Ticket Price When Purchased on Event Date - $69.00​

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 -- 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Ticket Price When When Purchased in Advance - $69.00​
Advanced Annual Passholder Ticket Price - $69.00​
Ticket Price When Purchased on Event Date - $69.00​

For all dates listed ages two and under: No Charge!

All scheduled Monday & Tuesday Night parties, as well as the party on Halloween night (Wednesday),
will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

All Friday night parties will take place from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.

Save when you buy tickets in advance! And, on select nights, Annual Passholders save $18.

Annual Passholder tickets go on sale on July 9.

Advance purchase tickets go on sale July 16.

I'm so excited that the date I was banking on was right on target. Whoohoo! We have a package right now at GCH for those nights. Has anyone tried to purchase these tickets by adding them on to their package? Well, if not, we will all find out on July 9! :cool1:

:cool1: Dates Finally!!! Been waiting-Can't wait to buy our tickets next month. This will be our first visit during fall and first for the party-so excited!!!! Yay!

Here4mydisneyfix -

Fridays will always be busier than Mondays and Tuesdays, I think. However, last year I went to the MHP on a Monday and I didn't really view it as being uncrowded. It looked like it could have been a Friday or Saturday night, in my opinion! So I have a feeling that Tuesday nights may be more popular than they used to be, but there may not be as many people there as on a Friday.

Thx for the insight Sherry! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter