HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pictures, Disneydaz! As a long time resident on the DIS, I feel like I've watched your daughter grow up. She's a cutie!

-Bob

? here... Does fastpass run during Mickey's Halloween Party? If we got fast passes between 3pm and 6pm (Tues.) can we use them that night?

? here... Does fastpass run during Mickey's Halloween Party? If we got fast passes between 3pm and 6pm (Tues.) can we use them that night?

Last year, no fast passes. But you didn't really need them either. Nothing had a huge wait.

Has anyone posted a picture of the new map yet? I haven't seen one from this year but could have missed it.

Anyone have pics of the party from Friday night? I can't wait to see them!! So excited about the party on the 31st so I'll live vicariously through all of you until then!! :rotfl:

Mid day break time. 44% humidity was killing us.

So today was intersting. In 3 hours time we saw 3 different celebrities. Thomas Gibson, Sean Astin, David Carouso.

Goofy's Kitchen was fun. We got visits from Goofy, Pluto, Aladdin, Snow White, Chip, Dale, and Baloo.

I'm going to attempt to post up a map as soon as I can.. not next to a scanner right now. I'm sure someone will beat me to posting it up.. especially since my map is all crumpled and such from use :). I must say, however, the Halloween Party was lots of fun, Halloween Screams may be my new favorite fireworks show, best place to trick or treat with virtually no lines was Big Thunder Ranch, we got LOTS of candy from there. If you're doing serious trick-or-treating, bring a backpack. Ours got full. 16.2 pounds when we got home. I'll post up a new thread about it soon, but I really wanted to say something about it ASAP :D

I'm going to attempt to post up a map as soon as I can.. not next to a scanner right now. I'm sure someone will beat me to posting it up.. especially since my map is all crumpled and such from use :). I must say, however, the Halloween Party was lots of fun, Halloween Screams may be my new favorite fireworks show, best place to trick or treat with virtually no lines was Big Thunder Ranch, we got LOTS of candy from there. If you're doing serious trick-or-treating, bring a backpack. Ours got full. 16.2 pounds when we got home. I'll post up a new thread about it soon, but I really wanted to say something about it ASAP :D

Thanks, I'm getting so excited and I still have to work for the next 5 days- then we head to Calif. :yay:

Great pictures, Disneydaz! As a long time resident on the DIS, I feel like I've watched your daughter grow up. She's a cutie!

-Bob

Aww, thanks!:hug: Luckily she still like her photo taken. In fact on Friday she posed on the giant Legos outside the Lego store and asked me to take her photo. Of course, I did.:laughing:

You're welcome tkitty. I normally don't carry a back pack but we wanted to get as much as we could. We didn't even ride a single ride. Saw the parade-1-1/2 times, watched the fireworks, saw a few villains, enjoyed the atmosphere, and got lots of candy. I really want to go again this year but we'll have to wait until we get back from WDW. And my favorite dog is only working the parade on Tuesday and Friday. I don't want to go on Friday so that only leaves the 25th. Hoping I can swing it. At least it's a AP discount night. Just have to justify the $98 for the both of us. That's alot of candy to collect! :rotfl:

Thanks for the tip about BTR!! We'll make sure to head over there on our quest for candy!

I"m back from the mouse, and here's my thoughts on the MHP on Sept 30th. First off throw out the MHP TOT map. Use it as a general guide line, but that's about it. We only made it through 2 lands, and ended up with over 25+lbs of Halloween candy between the 4 of us. There were alot of TOT stations that were not on the map. IMHO there was at least double to triple the amount of TOT stations than last year. Alot more decorations, Mickey Ghosts in the different lands, and more entertainment in general. No more Girradelli chocolates, and Criasins, but sm boxes of raisins, fruit gummies, as well as the usual healthy snacks of carrots and apple slices, but the healthy snacks were in the minority unless you asked for them. Liked the Halloween shirt alot better than last year. And had a great time at the mouse. The kids loved seeing DL in it's Halloween time glory, although they are ready to get me for putting them on the HM ride (they hated it, but not as bad as the normal HM without the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay). Have a great day everyone!

Do the parks have Halloween themed souvenir mugs (other than the ones you get with the demitasse desserts) in October like the winter themed ones you can find in December?

It's funny in that while the parks offered the larger version of the demitasse Mickey desert mug, last year, I didn't see any of them in the parks this year. And were in many of the shops that should have had them, but didn't see them. I could be that they are selling them but they sell out really quickly. This is what I noticed on my solo trip to the mouse last year during Halloween time.

*You can turn a 6 day park hopper into an 8 day for $5 as long as you do it before the 6 days are used.

I would also appreciate any details information on how you did this upgrade. There is a thread that was talking about this but the last post was saying it couldn't be extended, so if you actually did it its gonna be awesome news.

Here is a link of the thread that speaks about extending a 6 day park hopper.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2773898&page=2&highlight=extend+park+hopper

OMG, I am so excited about doing Disneyland for Halloween now! Knowing we weren't going, I never looked at these threads. Now, seriously, I'm ready leave our apt, put all our stuff in storage, and head back (tempting, tempting, LOL). Look at all those villians!

Do the parks have Halloween themed souvenir mugs (other than the ones you get with the demitasse desserts) in October like the winter themed ones you can find in December?
We went when they were just starting to put up the decorations so we saw the Halloween mug for this year, which is really cool! Wanted to get it. They also have nifty holiday shot glasses. I don't do shots, but I thought they were still cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter