HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candygirl, I don't know if this will help you now, but maybe for your next trip...I just ordered some "packing cubes" for my DH and I. I found them on ebags.com I got one color for him, one color for me. Since we share two suitcases, this will make it easier to unpack and pack, and keep things together and neat and not wrinkled all at the same time. All the reviews I read mentioned that you just pull the cubes out and pop them in your drawers and bam you are good to go!!

I am also a big planner. I've got a little red folder that I have been keeping everything in until my "official" travel documents arrive. I'm trying not to over-plan because I don't want to be exhausted because it is my vacation. I work in retail, so this is pretty much it, because we are going into the busy season at work, and they aren't going to be allowing any time off. This is my husband's first trip to *any* Disney park, and also our first wedding anniversary. All the prior trips I've been on, I've been go! go! go!, from park opening to park closing. And part of me wants to do that, but I also don't want to have to have a vacation from my vacation when I get back. LOL.

So I am planning it like this: (We have 4-day park hoppers)

Friday 10/14: We arrive in the morning (10ish), drop our bags at PPH concierge, explore DD, get a bit to eat, check in when we can and then MHP from 4pm-midnight

Saturday 10/15 (Our Anniversary): Get to DL for the Magic Morning hours, enjoy the day, retire to the room in mid afternoon. I'm planning on having something delivered for our anniversary, probably one of the gift baskets, and the room decorating to surprise DH...then back to DL for the evening. I booked Fantasmic Dessert seating for the second showing.

Sunday 10/16: I'm thinking this is the day we do California Adventure. I booked the WOC picnic for the second show, and I know my DH is really interested in ElecTRONica, so we'll definitely do that. I'm hoping to just keep it a lazy day.

Monday 10/17: Just a lazy day, I may see if we can go get massages...but the only thing that is set in stone is Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at 6pm

Tuesday 10/18 Our last day, we will check out early, and then stash our bags again as our flight is in the evening. The only thing that is on the agenda is getting a turkey leg to bring home for my Dad. LOL. Our flight is short, and I will be armed with ziploc bags. LOL.

Kristan in NorCal

I just got more excited! We had purchased 4 tickets for the 10/3 Halloween party for me, wife, ds8, dd6 but were a little bummed that the grandparents who are traveling with us decided to skip the event. They changed their minds and are now going with us. We have 6 tie-dye t-shirts that have Jack Skellington and some other shapes painted on. We are just going to go to beach that day and hang out by the HoJo pool until early afternoon.

I am really looking forward to:
1. Halloween fireworks
2. Haunted Mansion
3-10 EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

We are so excited that we are going to leave AZ on Sat afternoon and drive to a spot an hour or so away so that we get a better jump on our Sunday arrival. No one was all that thrilled with driving 6 1/2 hours and hitting the park already exhausted. So after my son's soccer game on Sat, we are heading to CA! My in-laws are 70-ish and never been to Disneyland!

I'm looking forward to:

-The kids experiencing DL in it's Halloween time glory
-The Halloween Screams at the MHP
-Trick or Treating with the family at the MHP on Sept 30th
-The Haunted Mansion overlay

Even though the trip is only 3 days away, I'm having a hard time getting excited about it, as we had to put our elderly greyhound down due a stroke he suffered at the beginning of the month. The timing couldn't be worse for us, but however it is what it is, and can't be changed. Am taking our other greyhound with us everywhere we go until such time as we can adopt another hound in a couple of weeks.

She said he would be back tomorrow and was done for the day and implied that he wasn't even around today at all. Tomorrow's my last day so I asked if he would for sure be there and she said "Well, I don't know!" really snappily. I went on The Little Mermaid then started to leave California Adventure, passing the area where Dug is, and luckily saw Dug there!

It would be SO nice if DL and DCA put out a daily flyer like they do on the Disney cruises that lists the time and location of when characters will BE at their photo places - then you could plan a little better.

Add to that those "random" times when you see characters just walking about and everyone could get the photos they were hoping for...maybe that is just too many logistics since there are only 2,500 people or so on a ship and 10+ times that at the parks.

Doesn't help that we rented a small car, oops, not even sure if the bags + playpen will fit LOL should be entertaining upon our arrival!! :laughing:

Not sure where you are staying but most (if not all) of the hotels in Southern California have pack and plays that they will provide for you. Might help with the check-in bag limit...

One month today we leave for our trip!!! :banana: I am getting more and more excited each and every day!!!! :yay:

The 10 things I'm looking forward to the most at Disneyland (we are going to Vegas for 5 nights first but I'll just do a Disneyland list) is:

1. Surprising the kids with the vacation. They know we're going but think it's a month after we actually leave.

2. The Halloween party!!!

3. Wearing our homemade shirts we made for everyone in our group. There is 6 of us going.

4. Seeing WOC for the first time.

5. Showing my boyfriends parents California Adventure and experiencing the Halloween party with them.

6. Seeing the changes in the park each day since they will be doing the transition to the Christmas stuff for a bit while we're there. I know we won't get to see a lot of it but it will still be neat seeing a little more each day. That's one thing I loved about going last September. The last day we were there was the opening of the Halloween season so it was pretty cool to see the park each morning with something new added.

7. Churros and Dole Whips!!!

8. Minnie & Friends Breakfast -- we've always loved it!

9. Splash Mountain (I would have put POTC but sadly it's closed while we are there)

10. Moving to PPH for our last two nights! It will be like a whole new vacation! lol

Wow, I can't wait!!!!!!!! :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Quick Question.
Tickets are sold out online for the 30th, is it possible to buy them at the gate? I think I remember hearing something about last year how they sold them there. Some of my friends didn't get their tickets yet and everyone's freaking out D:

Quick Question.
Tickets are sold out online for the 30th, is it possible to buy them at the gate? I think I remember hearing something about last year how they sold them there. Some of my friends didn't get their tickets yet and everyone's freaking out D:

LKD -

Yep. They will be able to get the tickets at the gate, for $59. I think all the cheaper, pre-ordered tickets for 9/30 have sold out. But DLR is clever enough to keep some tickets set aside for those same day sales. They know that a lot of folks decide at the last minute to do the party (on the same day), so they will keep a stash of them at the ticket booths!

So, this is the 1st time that we're going during the Halloween season. Unfortunately we're not going to make it to the Halloween Party. What else will still be around outside of the party that will make it feel fun and Halloweeny (besides the treats, of course)?

Where in Seattle are you? (Wasn't the change in weather crazy?)

We are actually in the Fairwood area of Renton, how about you? This has been the weirdest summer/fall EVER!

So excited for you, only two more days, I hope you take and post lots of pictures!!!

I can't easily load pictures right now, but wanted to share my experience so far this trip. We've seen Jack Skellington, Halloween Mickey, and Chip and Dale in their costumes. The Sheriff of Nottingham threatened us while he was walking towards the Villains meet and greet. Haven't seen a lot of pumpkin-y food and will have to look for it I guess.

Somehow we have been in the parks for two days and haven't made it to HMH, so that is priority 1 for the morning! :woohoo:

Also, the first time visit for my DH is a success. Mr. "I don't like roller coasters" went on SMGG and loved it, and we've been on Star Tours 4x. Friday night when we got in I took him on the railroad for his first ride at DL. When we got back to main street it was the end of the parade and we walked up Main street to supercalifragalisticexpealidocious while he looked around with his mouth open in awe. Literally! :lovestruc

PS If I lived nearby I would get a pass just to come watch Fantasmic and eat a churro once a month.

PS If I lived nearby I would get a pass just to come watch Fantasmic and eat a churro once a month.

Love those churros! Throw in a corn dog and you've got a meal that is second to none.

This has probably already been asked and answered a hundred times, but I thought I'd ask anyway: How busy is the park during the halloween party? We're going Monday night and we're hoping for short lines on the rides (who isn't?). Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I am taking my son for his 1st DL trip :yay: on his b day on Oct. 28th,(he'll be 9) and he has no clue, :cool1: and I am ready to burst at the seams... I am wondering how the Character Photos work, as in, are they out the whole party?

I just got back yest! It was a lot of fun! My son and I opened the park on Tues and closed it as well - he is such a trooper!

The longest I waited in line was 20 min for Autopia and Peter Pan

At about 7:30 there was no line for HM and walked right into the stretching room

We went on ST at about 7:50 and waited about 15 - they did promptly close the doors at 8.

At about 1:30 yest. the Halloween charcters were out in force around city hall - this included Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale.

It was a very nice trip, a little hot, but better than the rain we had last year.

If you are going to the party on friday, bring a rain coat as there is about a 50% for rain on friday night into Sat.

Have fun everyone!

As soon as Halloween Season starts, this thread starts to fall asleep. I hope after tonight's Halloween Party, it will liven back up.

I would :love:LOVE:love: if someone could maybe post about which restaurants are open this year?

I shall eagerly be waiting. :surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter