• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 224 days until my trip!!!! ....That's forever lol

It does seem awfully long, doesn't it? It's funny you mention that, Kristin, because just yesterday I was looking at the calendar, thinking, "It seems like this year is dragging...exactly how long do we have until Halloween Time starts?" (Meanwhile, it's only February!:rotfl2::rotfl:) I was telling myself, "Okay, so it's basically almost March now. From March, we have to wait 6 more months until Halloween Time begins...but maybe we will get the season dates and some info in May or June...which is only 2-3 months away...":rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm so pitiful!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well, you know what it's time for then?

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

HALLOWEEN TIME INFORMATION BOOGIE!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!! THE HALLOWEENTIME INFO BOOGIE!!! I was just going through my bank statements yesterday trying to find out when I bought my plane tickets last year lol, can't seem to find it anywhere!!! I'm gonna look on my posts in the Halloween thread and see if I posted it there haha

I so wish they would release the Halloween Party info earlier this year!! Not sure why they don't want more people planning :lmao:

Right now, it is on my calendar with some close friends for 10/2 - 10/5 assuming they have a party on Tuesdays like last year. If they switch it to Wednesdays, guess we will just have to stay another day!! :laughing:

Yeah I'm working on all my savings. AP is ready for use since it expires the last day of our trip this year, waiting for Jetblue to release prices for October and already got HoJo booked for our trip :) YAAAAAY HALLOWEEN TIME!!!

I've got the Halloween fever, too. I was looking at the spirit halloween store website. I'm trying to decide what kind of costumes to pull off a family look. Right now I'm eyeing a superhero theme. The main problem I'm having is the girls/ladies costumes. The plan is to have dropped 40lbs by October, but still, I'm tall and curvey; I'll have to add some extra covering on the bottom half or it could very well be a full moon. Little girl costumes aren't much better. IMHO tweens shouldn't be running around in micro minis and spaggettie strap tanks, especially for Halloween. So many crazies and pervs in the world

I've got the Halloween fever, too. I was looking at the spirit halloween store website. I'm trying to decide what kind of costumes to pull off a family look. Right now I'm eyeing a superhero theme. The main problem I'm having is the girls/ladies costumes. The plan is to have dropped 40lbs by October, but still, I'm tall and curvey; I'll have to add some extra covering on the bottom half or it could very well be a full moon. Little girl costumes aren't much better. IMHO tweens shouldn't be running around in micro minis and spaggettie strap tanks, especially for Halloween. So many crazies and pervs in the world

Goofy Mom I totally agree with you on the skimpy clothes. I try to negotiate with my daughters, but trying to keep up with the latest fashion and maintaining modesty is a bit tricky these days. Finging a costume we could agree on is one of the fun challenges I have with my teenager. I'm also with you on the dropping pounds by October. I can not wait for the dates to be announced :rolleyes1

Time for a picture. But first a joke:
Q. What is a Mummie's favorite type of music? The answer is below the picture.

DSC_6136-1.jpg

Wrap. See the pumpkin liked it.

General Information on Mickey's Halloween Party​

Since 2006, Disneyland Resort has thrown a special ticketed event to attend a Halloween party in one of the Parks where guests both young and old can dress up in costumes, trick or treat, dance, and have a grand time. In addition, most of the ride attractions are open and operating. The park is transformed with added Halloween decorations and lighting which is only displayed during the Party. Disney Characters are dressed in costumes and there are special photo areas where guests can take a picture with their favorite character. Only a limited number of tickets are sold each night of the party, so most party goers do not experience long lines for the most popular rides during the party.

In previous years, when the party was held in Disney California Adventure, the party was called Mickey's Halloween Treat or Mickey's Trick or Treat Party, but the most recent version is called Mickey's Halloween Party, and it will be held in Disneyland. Here is the information for last year's party

Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park

Event Dates for 2010​
October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29 and 31​

Tuesday Nights: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.​
October 5, 12, 19 and 26​

Fridays and Halloween Night: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 & 31

Ticket prices:
Advance Purchase Ticket Price​
$49 Discounted for these dates:​
October 1, 5, 12, 19 and 26​

Day-Of-Event Ticket Price
$54 if purchased and used on these dates:​
October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22 and 26​

$59 if purchased and used on these dates:​
October 29 and 31​
For all dates listed ages two and under: No Charge!​

There is a special Passholder discount of $44 for the nights of October 1, 5. 12, 19 and 26 if ordered in advanced.

At this year's party, there will be special photo locations and more treat stations than previous parties.

Special Photo Locations:
Pirate Wharf at the Frontierland Dock
Friends from Aladdin – Aladdin's Oasis
Critter Pals – Splash Mountain
Winnie the Pooh & Friends - Critter Country
Toy Story Pals – Big Thunder Ranch
Mickey & Minnie – Big Thunder Ranch
Disney Villains – Small World Mall
Disney Princesses – Disney Princess Fantasy Faire
Disney Fairies – Pixie Hollow

Mickey's Hide-and-Go-Treat Trails
There will 8 hide-and-go-treat trails with approximately 50 treat stations. Treats will include a mix of chocolates and healthy treats such as apple slices, carrots, raisins and dried fruit crisps.

As an added bonus, Mickey's Halloween Party ticket holders can enter Disneyland three hours before the start of the Mickey's Halloween Party and they will be allowed to enter Disneyland in costume. Guests with Tuesday Mickey's Halloween Party tickets will be allowed to enter at 3pm and those with Friday and Halloween night tickets will be allowed to enter at 4pm. Disneyland Park will close at 6pm when Mickey's Halloween Party is held on a Tuesday and at 4pm when the Party is held on Friday and on Halloween night. Ticket holders will be given a wristband to identify them as party ticket holders when the park closes.

DSC_6596-3.jpg
CopyofDSC_6557-1.jpg
CopyofDSC_6483-2.jpg
DSC_6623-3.jpg
DSC_6541-1-1.jpg
DSC_6614-1.jpg
CopyofDSC_6571-1.jpg
CopyofDSC_6606-1.jpg
DSC_6503-1.jpg

For anyone that would like to know when other Dis'ers are attending Mickey's Halloween Party here is a link to DizMe's thread where there is a list of who is going on what dates. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2564850

I'd like to start planning this for next year I think.. either Halloween or Christmas of 2012 I'm not sure yet..

I have just now started following this post so I will admit I have only read the first few pages..

ANYWAYS....

So the WHOLE park both DL and DCA close early (like 6 or 7).. Right? Now is that JUST on the Halloween party nights? How often are there the party nights? And once they close you have to have the wristband and you can stay... Do you stay just for trick or treating.. or can you go on all the rides too?

I'd like to start planning this for next year I think.. either Halloween or Christmas of 2012 I'm not sure yet..

I have just now started following this post so I will admit I have only read the first few pages..

ANYWAYS....

So the WHOLE park both DL and DCA close early (like 6 or 7).. Right? Now is that JUST on the Halloween party nights? How often are there the party nights? And once they close you have to have the wristband and you can stay... Do you stay just for trick or treating.. or can you go on all the rides too?

brookies_mommy - Welcome aboard the Halloween Superthread!!:cool1: The first few pages are the key! Page 1 and 2 are the pages that will be updated as the 2011/2012 season info comes in. There's a Christmas Superthread too, chock full of info, just in case you decide to make that trip instead in 2012!!

As for the Halloween Party, only Disneyland will close early on party nights. DCA will stay open longer to accommodate those folks who have no interest in the party. During October, some nights have shorter hours, anyway. But the Halloween party will definitely close the park down a bit earlier than normal on those party nights.

Last year, there were two nights per week devoted to the parties - Fridays and Tuesdays. There was also a party held on Halloween itself. This year, we don't know yet if the party will still be on Tuesdays, but Fridays are always involved! They will almost certainly include another weeknight, but whether or not it's Tuesday we won't know until the dates come out.

They begin letting party guests in at either 3 p.m. or 4 p.m., depending on whether it's the weeknight or Friday. The non-party guests can stay until the official party start time - which would be either 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. After that, everyone has to show the wrist thingy.

You can stay to trick or treat, meet characters at the special PhotoPass locations and go on all the rides that are open, which I think is most of them, with the exception of ToonTown.

They will also most likely make the Halloween Screams fireworks exclusive to the party again this year and next year.

brookies_mommy - Welcome aboard the Halloween Superthread!!:cool1: The first few pages are the key! Page 1 and 2 are the pages that will be updated as the 2011/2012 season info comes in. There's a Christmas Superthread too, chock full of info, just in case you decide to make that trip instead in 2012!!

As for the Halloween Party, only Disneyland will close early on party nights. DCA will stay open longer to accommodate those folks who have no interest in the party. During October, some nights have shorter hours, anyway. But the Halloween party will definitely close the park down a bit earlier than normal on those party nights.

Last year, there were two nights per week devoted to the parties - Fridays and Tuesdays. There was also a party held on Halloween itself. This year, we don't know yet if the party will still be on Tuesdays, but Fridays are always involved! They will almost certainly include another weeknight, but whether or not it's Tuesday we won't know until the dates come out.

They begin letting party guests in at either 3 p.m. or 4 p.m., depending on whether it's the weeknight or Friday. The non-party guests can stay until the official party start time - which would be either 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. After that, everyone has to show the wrist thingy.

You can stay to trick or treat, meet characters at the special PhotoPass locations and go on all the rides that are open, which I think is most of them, with the exception of ToonTown.

They will also most likely make the Halloween Screams fireworks exclusive to the party again this year and next year.

I have a lot of time to plan so I'm going to start figuring out the whole Halloween and then move to Christmas LOL!

Is it like super busy at Halloween? Any clue on how many tickets are sold on Party nights? Does DCA close at its normal earlier time or stay open till as late as DL normally would have?

Thanks for your help

I have a lot of time to plan so I'm going to start figuring out the whole Halloween and then move to Christmas LOL!

Is it like super busy at Halloween? Any clue on how many tickets are sold on Party nights? Does DCA close at its normal earlier time or stay open till as late as DL normally would have?

Thanks for your help

This wonderful link with DLR's October 2010 calendar is courtesy of Liza/funatdisney:

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/S...ours/Disneyland Resort Operating Calendar.pdf

Honestly - and I told Liza this - I don't know if we are allowed to post this link! I've never even seen that website before - but Liza was unable to find DLR's October 2010's calendar in the usual spot where we find calendars from the previous year. And she pointed out it would be good to have last year's hours listed in this Superthread for people's reference. So, we will take a chance on it!

Anyway, DCA always closes somewhat earlier than Disneyland does, but last year I think they extended the DCA hours a tad longer then they may have been in 2009, due to WoC. This, in turn, offered people an option to venture over into DCA and see WoC if they were not attending the party in DL.

You know, I remember there was some discussion last year about how many tickets were sold to the party. I don't know if there was ever a definite conclusion on that. I wonder if anyone remembers. I think it was a lot, though, if I recall.

I know that some people were expecting really light crowds at the party and no lines for rides (or short lines), and were surprised to see that the party was crowded. I don't think anyone reported back that the crowds were low. It may not have been New Year's Eve-level/capacity crowds, but I think it was more crowded than people thought it would be for an exclusive event. I think some folks agreed that too many tickets were sold. BUT, I also think the overall consensus was that Tuesdays were less crowded party nights than Fridays or the actual party held on Halloween.

Halloween Time as a general season has gotten extremely popular in the last couple of years. Oddly, even though they removed all traces of the Halloween celebration from DCA last year (they used to have candy corn CALIFORNIA letters as well as Candy Corn Acres at DCA in the past) and only focused on Disneyland, I think it was still the busiest Halloween season thus far. It's not like the Christmas season as far as having extensive and decorations all over the entire Resort, and yet Halloween Time still brings in the crowds.

It has gotten much more crowded than it used to be in October - mainly early-to-mid-October, and then right before Halloween. It's not unbearable, but it's more crowded than it used to be considering that October, at one point, was the 'off-peak' season!

I've never even seen that website before - but Liza was unable to find DLR's October 2010's calendar in the usual spot where we find calendars from the previous year. And she pointed out it would be good to have last year's hours listed in this Superthread for people's reference. So, we will take a chance on it!

Sherry, here is last years park hours for October 2010 Park Hours and schedule.

Sherry, here is last years park hours for October 2010 Park Hours and schedule.

Bret - Thank you so much! I didn't even bother looking at that section because, when I asked Liza if she had checked wdwinfo.com (our parent site, where we've gotten the calendars for November 2010 and December 2010), she said she didn't see the calendar for October of last year!:rotfl2::rotfl2: It only said "Not yet released" or some similar thing. I figured there was no point in checking it myself so I didn't! I just assumed it was not there! But this one that you just linked is the one that I wanted, even though the other one that Liza found seems to be good, too!

Now I realize that I think Liza must have just checked the actual DISboards archives and not specifically wdwinfo?

In any case, mystery solved now!!

Nope! I tried searching for the October 2010 schedule/hours from last year and I came up with the exact same thing Liza came up with, using the wdwinfo.com site - the October 2011 page, that said Not Yet Released. It's not the DISboards archives, but the actual wdwinfo.com site.

Bret, how did you find October 2010?:rotfl2: And can you find September 2010 as well? I put a link to what you found in the first post, but if I try to search it out any other way instead of using that link, I can't find it!

Nope! I tried searching for the October 2010 schedule/hours from last year and I came up with the exact same thing Liza came up with, using the wdwinfo.com site - the October 2011 page, that said Not Yet Released. It's not the DISboards archives, but the actual wdwinfo.com site.

Bret, how did you find October 2010?:rotfl2: And can you find September 2010 as well? I put a link to what you found in the first post, but if I try to search it out any other way instead of using that link, I can't find it!

It really simple. When I looked at the park hours it just showed the 2011 which doesn't have any. So I replace the 2011 on the url to 2010. This is what the url says on the park hours http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=10&year=2011 So I just changed it to http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=10&year=2010 and it shows last years schedule. I did the samething with the November schedule which shows. But for some reason the 2010 December showed just part of the schedule. I hope this helps you when you look at the park hours in the past.

Here is September 2010 Park Hours and schedule

It really simple. When I looked at the park hours it just showed the 2011 which doesn't have any. So I replace the 2011 on the url to 2010. This is what the url says on the park hours http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=10&year=2011 So I just changed it to http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=10&year=2010 and it shows last years schedule. I did the samething with the November schedule which shows. But for some reason the 2010 December showed just part of the schedule. I hope this helps you when you look at the park hours in the past.

Thanks, Bret! :rotfl2:Funny thing is, when I got to the 2011 page that Liza had found, I was thinking the same thing - that I must be able to change the date in the URL and it would work! But, for some reason, it wasn't working for me. It wasn't letting me click on or change the URL. I think it was/is a problem with my browser. It would probably work if I rebooted the PC, but I didn't feel like rebooting right now.

So what do you think is busier... October or December?

So Halloween Party is JUST DL right? Theres nothing in DCA? That kinda sucks.. Sept 09 we were there and got to see bits and pieces being set up on our last couple days.. I'm kinda bummed we wont be able to experience it over there as well.

So what do you think is busier... October or December?

So Halloween Party is JUST DL right? Theres nothing in DCA? That kinda sucks.. Sept 09 we were there and got to see bits and pieces being set up on our last couple days.. I'm kinda bummed we wont be able to experience it over there as well.

I would say that December overall is busier because the holiday season is soooo popular, and the decorations are really immersive - in all the shops and restaurants, in all the hotels and Downtown Disney, and in both parks. I think last year was the busiest holiday season in years, and 2009 was the busiest holiday season in a decade.

I think that if someone from Disney were to show us attendance numbers for October, we would see that the numbers are lower than December, but Halloween Time has gotten steadily busier. A few folks said that last Ocotber they felt it was just as crowded as any random December day.

Yes, the Halloween party, for the time being, is only in Disneyland, and all the seasonal decorations (which are up from sometime in September to at least Halloween, if not beyond) are in Disneyland (at least it was this way in 2010).

Last year they didn't put anything up in California Adventure at all with the exception of some Fall-ish garland on a building over in the Pacific Wharf area, basically. No more Candy Corn Acres. No more CALIFORNIA candy corn letters at the entrance. No Halloween-themed music playing from the speakers. It was like Halloween didn't exist in DCA last year.

And they don't do anything as far as Halloween decor in the hotels - except for actually on Halloween, when they set up little displays in the GCH and hand out candy to guests.

Of course, this year could always be different. Maybe DLR got enough complaints about not including DCA in the Halloween celebration last year that they will be prompted to do something. I think it may have to do with how far along they have gotten in the remodeling of the entrance. If they have finished the new DCA entrance by then, perhaps they will stick something Halloween-ish in there. Otherwise, I have a hunch that they won't start re-introducing Halloween Time into DCA until all the work is finished at DCA in 2012.

Personally, I like to feel like the whole resort - or at least, both parks - is part of the seasonal celebration. I don't like to feel like it's Halloween in one park but not in the other. They scaled back some of the Christmas decorations last year, too, but at least they didn't leave DCA out of it altogether and you still felt like it was Christmas all over DLR!

Gosh all this discussion on the Oct 2010 calendar while I was super busy with PTA stuff, horse stuff and volleyball stuff. I am glad that the DISboards' Oct 2010 calendar was found. I had a heck of a time trying to find that darn thing!

Very clever, Bret! I am just learning how to manipulate the web and my computer to get the information I need. And thanks for the Sept 2010 link and Oct 2010 link. I am going to post them onto to the October Check In thread. I think folks will find them very useful. I will use your trick to find the November link. I need the practice.

Oh Bret, glad to see you around. BTW, so you have plans for a fall DLR trip this year?

Sherry I didn't know how I could access the 2010 calendar by changing the date in the url address, but I knew there had to be a way. Thanks to Bret I got seared in my memory! Thanks for posting the other link, too.

Thanks guys for your support as I learn the ins and outs of finding my way around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter