HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried printing out the map, and it just didn't work. Since we are arriving on a Sunday and not going to the party until Tuesday, I wonder if I could go to Guest Services and ask for one, so I can plot our plan of attack in advance. Think they would give me one?

I am loving all the pictures that everyone has shared. I have to say, it sure looks crowded to me. I wonder if that is because it is the first party and a Friday night or if they will all be like that. Truly hoping that Tuesdays parties are not quite as busy. :scared1:

Hi! I will be at the Park on Nov. 1st and wonder if there is any chance that Ghost Galaxy will still be operating? Also, if they do take it down does that mean that Space Mountain will be closed while I'm there :scared1:? I really can't find information on this anywhere, thanks! While your at it I guess the Halloween decorations will be pretty much down when I arrive right, and Christmas will be going up? Sorry I haven't been to Disneyland in ages, thanks!

Great pictures, thanks Disney Dreams. Can't wait to hear all about the party. I arrive on a Friday and hope to get a party map as well since we don't go until Tuesday. Only 6 more days and we are off to see the mouse.:banana:

We are driving south to the mouse as I type lol. Looking forward to seeing more pics and readiong about the halloween party. We are going to tuesdays party!

Dreams -

Thanks for all the pictures! Loved them! I know it was reported somewhere that there would be 50 treat stations. Didn't look like quite that many, though. Also...I was looking at the pictures you took of the dressed up party-goers waiting to go in. It looks like you might have randomly taken pictures of a group that already started a trip report! :rotfl: They had already posted pictures of their group in the costumes they'd be wearing at the first party. They were going as Anastasia, Drizella, Sally, Jasmine, Belle, and Gaston. I think it's them anyway. How funny!

Hi! I will be at the Park on Nov. 1st and wonder if there is any chance that Ghost Galaxy will still be operating? Also, if they do take it down does that mean that Space Mountain will be closed while I'm there :scared1:? I really can't find information on this anywhere, thanks! While your at it I guess the Halloween decorations will be pretty much down when I arrive right, and Christmas will be going up? Sorry I haven't been to Disneyland in ages, thanks!

Kristina - Hi! Sadly, yes, Ghost Galaxy will be down on November 1st while they remove the overlay. If Halloween were falling on a Saturday this year, then they would have kept Ghost Galaxy open through Sunday (which would have been 11/1). Because Halloween falls on Sunday, it's easy to just end the Halloween season right there and then begin to put up the Christmas decorations.

The holiday season begins on 11/12 and there is a lot of work to do in a short period of time - much more than what they do for Halloween Time. So chances are there will be some decorations going up slowly, just before Halloween Time ends.

What you may be lucky enough to see - it can't be guaranteed, but it might be one of those flukes - is a day or two of remaining Halloween decorations that have not been removed yet and early Christmas decorations that have begun to go up. A couple of folks have reported being at DLR last year on 'overlap days,' when the daytime blanket of snow was already on the Castle for the holidays while there were still pumpkins out and about for Halloween!! You won't get the full Halloween Time decorations or the full Christmas experience, but you may see a rare occurrence of a bit of both holidays colliding!!

Wow, that is far better candy than the cheap stuff they have given out at WDW the last couple of times we went. Very little chocolate given out in Florida. However, I am sure I will be leaving most of mine behind in California with my son rather than bringing it home on the plane.

The candy at DCA last year was junk too. The report on this years candy sounds more promising but last year I heard mixed reports. Some listed good stuff and others said lousy. I wonder if it just depends on the night or what is available??

I tried printing out the map, and it just didn't work. Since we are arriving on a Sunday and not going to the party until Tuesday, I wonder if I could go to Guest Services and ask for one, so I can plot our plan of attack in advance. Think they would give me one?

:scared1:

Yes, definitely go by City Hall and ask. I don't see why they wouldn't be happy to give you one.

Any info on the Cavalcade or pics and what characters were where for photos would be great! TIA!

I know many of you were worried about people being allowed to do things once the party started. There were several announcements stating those without party tickets needed to leave the park OR purchase tickets for the party at (some location I don't recall).

As posted previously, it was announced that those without wristbands could shop on Main Street for one hour. This is normal Park-operating-procedure. Remember, if the Park closes at midnight, you can shop on Main Street until 1am. So this is not unusual at all.

There was Halloween music playing on Main Street as I was leaving (around 7:05pm) and there were cool projections along the buildings on Main Street. They sort of "drifted" across the buildings. I took a few shots.

1286008855.jpg

1286008884.jpg

1286008934.jpg

There was also a black cat of which my photo is more a blur than a feline. ROFL

Then, along the ground on Main Street an image floated about. There were mass people walking so it was real tough to photograph, but here you go, albeit upside down, but there it is nonetheless.

1286009001.jpg

As I was exiting the Park, I looked back over my shoulder at the very festive Main Street (as I always do) to see the castle one last moment. It was changing colors - Halloween-like colors: green, purple, very cool.

- Dreams

Thank you so much, Dreams, for the wonderful photos! I love those projections - it's funny, because in the photos the people almost seem to be unaware of the projections happening around them. I'm sure they are aware, but it almost comes off as something that only we can see but they can't!

Anyway, time to update the Table of Contents again!!:cool1:

Oh, and by the way - I know what you mean about needing a dose of Disney to refresh your spirit. I wish I were in a position where I could do that - just kind of hop over there for a quick visit here and there to re-energize or people watch or breathe in some magic air. I do that for other places - I'll head over to LACMA or the Farmers Market or wherever for a couple of hours, just to get my mind off of things. If I were closer to DLR, I would most certainly do that all the time! As a matter of fact, I never understand why my friend who lives in Anaheim, just minutes away from DLR, doesn't get an AP and do the same thing. She could walk there - she doesn't even need to deal with parking! But, alas, no...while she enjoys DLR and has fun there, she has not been hit by the Disney Snowball!

The candy at DCA last year was junk too. The report on this years candy sounds more promising but last year I heard mixed reports. Some listed good stuff and others said lousy. I wonder if it just depends on the night or what is available??

Yes, definitely go by City Hall and ask. I don't see why they wouldn't be happy to give you one.

Any info on the Cavalcade or pics and what characters were where for photos would be great! TIA!

I got great candy in 2008 - Hershey's miniatures, Ghirardelli, M&M's, Snickers, Three Musketeers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Nestle Crunch, Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops, etc. (also a bunch of stuff I had no interest in). Pretty much any mini-size candy you can think of. But, we were there on the first night of the TOTP in 2008, when candy was probably abundant. Last year, I didn't hear as much about the type of candy being handed out as I heard about the fact that they were handing out less of it (not as much as in 2008). The handfuls were smaller, I heard.

Funny thing is - I did a DLR survey about the Halloween party after my party night in 2008. They asked me if I would participate while I was at the party and then they e-mailed the survey later. All the questions were about what I thought of the TOTP and if I liked the entertainment, photo ops and candy selection, etc. I said I liked the candy selection, but it makes me wonder if a bunch of other people said they did NOT like it and that's why there was lousy candy last year?

Thank you so much, Dreams, for the wonderful photos! I love those projections - it's funny, because in the photos the people almost seem to be unaware of the projections happening around them. I'm sure they are aware, but it almost comes off as something that only we can see but they can't!

They do this at WDW, and it interesting that while you are on Main Street, you don't necessarily notice those projections (at least when you are entering the Park) as they are so high up, but when you are at either end, either at the Hub or the Train Station, they become much more obvious. You probably notice them more as you are leaving because you know they are there.

I got great candy in 2008 - Hershey's miniatures, Ghirardelli, M&M's, Snickers, Three Musketeers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Nestle Crunch, Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops, etc. (also a bunch of stuff I had no interest in). Pretty much any mini-size candy you can think of.

We went towards the end last year, and I definitely remember getting all of that too. Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops I had most of, but the ratio of good stuff to junk was still 3:1.

Kristina - Hi! Sadly, yes, Ghost Galaxy will be down on November 1st while they remove the overlay.

Thank you Sherry for your quick response! I'm disapointed tho, I didn't even know about Ghost Galaxy as I've been visiting WDW regularly for a while now. I will be arriving in LA on the 30th and could technically visit DL for a while on the morning of the 31st but I am afraid of insulting my friends. They probably wouldn't understand since I'll have 3 days at the parks starting the following day. However I'd love to see it all done up for Halloween! Ahh well, I know I'd probably change my mind once I get to my dear friends home so I'll be okay! I think :)!!

Dreams -

Thanks for all the pictures! Loved them! I know it was reported somewhere that there would be 50 treat stations. Didn't look like quite that many, though. Also...I was looking at the pictures you took of the dressed up party-goers waiting to go in. It looks like you might have randomly taken pictures of a group that already started a trip report! :rotfl: They had already posted pictures of their group in the costumes they'd be wearing at the first party. They were going as Anastasia, Drizella, Sally, Jasmine, Belle, and Gaston. I think it's them anyway. How funny!

lol how funny

I'm getting so close to my trip I am now dreaming about Disneyland almost every night hahaha. Last night I was at Disneyland with Zac Hanson of the band Hanson hehe, good dream :) 14 DAYS!!!!

What crazy weather it is today in DL. It was a little bit cloudy this morning but I expect this kind of morning and right now, it is sprinkling right now in the park.

I wonder how the crowds were after 8pm. Fireworks, rides, etc. TIA

The crowds were kind of not bad, but it was really crowded around the Hub when MHP ticket holders were waiting to get a good spot for HS last night. The CMs didn't let anyone in the viewing area after the Mickey's Cavalcade parade past the hub. When the parade past by everyone went over to the front of SB castle and get a spot for HS. It was filled up in just about 10 minutes. Around 8:30, the viewing area in front of SBC was already filled up.

The rides were not as long as I expected. HMH was around 10 min wait, SMGG was at 30+ and some of the other rides around DL were just walk ons. It almost seemed like everyone in the park were just going to the treat locations and the character greeting areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter