HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going at the same time as you!

I would choose the 9-12, as those dates seem like the least likely to have crowds because of weekdays. You will have to deal with Columbus day, but I think the crowds will level out as the week goes on.

our dates are similar -- 8th to 15th and I am hoping columbus day isn't packed and that Tues, Wed and Thurs are managable

I think I remember from the previous thread someone said they had a subscription to a touring plan site and could tell us estimate on crowd levels... Can you tell me what the crowds should be like October 24-28? Thanks in advance! :)

Looks like great crowd levels!!

rjTDtCD.jpg

Looks like great crowd levels!!

rjTDtCD.jpg
Thank you!!! Wow, that does look great. I am so excited!
I think we will go to the party on Monday, the day we fly in, and then get 2-day hopper tickets. Really I'd be happy to spend all 4 days at Disney but friends told us how much fun they had at Universal Studios and my husband is not as much of a Disney fanatic as me so we'll go there one of the days. I was trying to figure out if there would be less people on a non-party day or a party day (maybe most people going that day would just be going to the party?) but I think we'll use Wednesday for our US trip and then won't have to worry about the party at all. Plus then I'll be able to end with Disney. :)

I'm in a similar boat to @PeachMom , we're going to have 3 day hoppers (socal citypass), but we're not going to really be able to use all three days...just 2 and maybe the first night do the WoC show at DCA...but I'm not sure if it's less crowded on a Tuesday non-party day, or a Wednesday party day (where we'd swap over to DCA around dinner)? Our dates are the 17-19 October (again, coming in later in the day on that Monday, after a day at Legoland:) which closes at 5pm). Anyone have any thoughts? @WestMom2two I actually thought, ooh maybe I can scroll up on that screenshot...:scared: then I drank some coffee. haha!

Thanks everyone :)

Please tell me that a lot of adults do NOT dress up for the Halloween Party? I'm REALLY not into dressing up and was thinking just just buying a Disney/Mickey Halloween shirt to wear that day, or maybe just my Mike Wazowski or Nightmare Before Christmas shirt.

Please tell me that a lot of adults do NOT dress up for the Halloween Party? I'm REALLY not into dressing up and was thinking just just buying a Disney/Mickey Halloween shirt to wear that day, or maybe just my Mike Wazowski or Nightmare Before Christmas shirt.
It's not a requirement to dress up. Some do and some dont. You won't feel like an outsider if you decide just to dress like you always do.

I think the adults who wear costumes vs not is about 50/50 (maybe a little less costume wearers). There are definitely people who don't dress up. You won't feel like an outsider at all! :)

I'll be going during Halloween time but not there for the parties (darn!). Since I'm a first timer, can someone fill me in on what's going on during that time? I see that the fall snacks and merchandise come out as well as the SM and HM overlay. What else goes on?

It's not a requirement to dress up. Some do and some dont. You won't feel like an outsider if you decide just to dress like you always do.

I think the adults who wear costumes vs not is about 50/50 (maybe a little less costume wearers). There are definitely people who don't dress up. You won't feel like an outsider at all! :)

Thank you both! I was trying to figure out a coordinating costume for DH & I...our 5 year old daughter wants to be Thor and her 2 year old brother will be the hammer....if the costumes are done in time. Otherwise she'll go as a princess and we'll wing his costume.

Not all grown up costumes are intricate or expensive. The intricate costumes are fabulous, but some of the best we've seen are simple, but just as creative as the elaborate costumes. We saw one mom with a group of kids (all of whom were completely costumed) wearing black pants and a black t-shirt that said "cheapo ninja costume"! LOL. She was getting lots of compliments. We saw one guy last year dressed at Marty McFly, complete with jeans, plaid shirt, down vest, aviator sunglasses, etc. He told us that he didn't have a costume, but started finding things in his closet that could work together.

I'll be going during Halloween time but not there for the parties (darn!). Since I'm a first timer, can someone fill me in on what's going on during that time? I see that the fall snacks and merchandise come out as well as the SM and HM overlay. What else goes on?

There are decorations and punmpkins through the park, a general fall scene permeates (including a dios los muertos scene) and the characters are in costume. Also Jack and Sally are more available. I think that's about it for non-party stuff besides my favorite thing about october in the park...gorgeous weather!

As for costumes for adults, you don't have to go full out costume if you don't want to. The couple of times I went to MHP in 2010 and 2011, I wore a hockey jersey, matching hat, and went as a hockey fan. Which I had alot of fun with, since I encountered another opposing hockey team fan in one of the trick or treat trails, and we had fun heckling each others teams. It's fun to people watch, as alot of people go full out, and some of the costumes are amazing! Best advice is to dress comfortably, and have fun. Am contemplating go to DL in Oct/18, but need to get the WDW trip with the family over with in Jan/17 before I can start saving for it, so will be watching this thread to keep up on what's going on during Halloweentime at the parks

There used to be a carnival, but that hasn't materialized in two years. While you won't catch the rare villains you may see some villains in the park. I've seen Malificent (when the movie was coming out),the evil queen, and Cruella DeVille. Characters guarantees are rare and you just get lucky.

No news has come out yet but there are some nonpark things like the Malhoween and haunted house at jazz kitchen. They tend to come out later so you may miss these.

The time is quickly approaching for dining reservations! :hourglass :faint: Something to think about is if you are interested in the happiest haunts tour. The tour sells out very quickly, I feel like it was same day as they were released but it could have been a little longer. I know that by the time my friend and I decided to do it and I called the CM basically laughed at me and told me they had been sold out forever. The sign up is 30 days out for the tour. I went a few years ago and loved it and I believe @lorijohnhill went last year? If the choice is between the tour and a party, definitely choose the party but the tour is something different to do and a little cheaper. :laughing: I wouldn't say to do it every year but It does change a little from year to year but I believe for the most part the same rides are involved.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneys-happiest-haunts/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter