• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive it goes down on August 22nd or 23rd. It's on the DL calendar for one of those days as being referbished.

Wow, this is a serious bummer. We were really hoping it would go down the following Monday (29th). This is a huge favorite in our house and this is our first DLR trip. :(

I am trying out a new post on page 1 this year -- the Halloween Time Highlight Reel, which just gives a handful of the important Halloween Time 2016 details and tidbits at-a-glance, as well as anything that is new to the season this year.

Let me know if I have forgotten anything or left something crucial out of this post -- http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...er-9th-mhp-begins-9-23.3526615/#post-56098028

I am making my way down the posts on page 1, slowly but surely, trying to update where needed and tweak some things. Rome wasn't built in a day, but at least it was eventually built! :lmao:

If Paint the Night goes away after the 60th that will be a little disappointing, but that also means we can have our garlands back over main street for Christmas!!!!!!!

Well, you KNOW I was thinking the same thing! I can't deny that I want the garland back and I miss the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks snow (it's not the same in Disneyland Forever)!

So, from your lips to Mickey's ears...

Let's hope the holiday season returns to some semblance of normalcy, minus the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, of course. :sad:

It is overly crowded during UEA? There isn't a party during the 2 days we planned to be at the parks (28 & 29), so we had to move our trip one week up (21 & 22)...but then I noticed that is when UEA is.

I think that the several days surrounding UEA (which is on 10/20 and 10/21 this year) will be very busy. I can't recall if I was ever at DLR specifically during the UEA days -- if I was, I didn't know it back then -- but yes, it is very busy according to what people say who have been there at that time in recent years.

Last edited:
I'm so excited to be able to attend a party!!!

What is a good touring plan for watching the cavlacade and fireworks? I don't want to waste valuable party time sitting on a curb...,

I think I can just afford 2 parties this year. With the price hike do you think the tickets won't sell out as fast this year? I plan on getting tickets for Monday, September 26, 2016 and the Wednesday, October 26, 2016 parties. If I can afford one date I will go on a Monday or Wednesday

I just noticed that WDW's party has child pricing on tickets but I didnt see that on the DL party price calendar. do DL party goer's get a to buy children's tickets for kids? My own child hasnt been a disney "child" in a long time but we're bring the cousins this time and both of them are under 9. i'll save any dollar I can manage.

Ooh I would love to go to two parties too! That's one less Christmas present from the DH though... Hmmm... Worth it!

I just noticed that WDW's party has child pricing on tickets but I didnt see that on the DL party price calendar. do DL party goer's get a to buy children's tickets for kids? My own child hasnt been a disney "child" in a long time but we're bring the cousins this time and both of them are under 9. i'll save any dollar I can manage.

The party tickets are one price for everyone over the age of 3.

I'm kinda bummed about our trip. We will be there around the 12-14th time frame, my kids have fall break that week and we always do our family vacations in mid-Oct. I don't want to spend $ on the party, my kids are not really into Halloween. I was considering it for the parade and fireworks but now it would just be pointless. So, as to not waste $ to be kicked out of the park early we will probably just cut the trip down to two days and do DCA Wed and DL Thurs (and hope they do some sort of parade or fireworks that day) and not do a third day. I guess we could get hoppers for the last day, which just adds $$.

I don't understand this party thing. I mean, I've read the posts and have seen the pictures but it sucks for the people who are on vacation during Halloween time that aren't into the parties.

I'm kinda bummed about our trip. We will be there around the 12-14th time frame, my kids have fall break that week and we always do our family vacations in mid-Oct. I don't want to spend $ on the party, my kids are not really into Halloween. I was considering it for the parade and fireworks but now it would just be pointless. So, as to not waste $ to be kicked out of the park early we will probably just cut the trip down to two days and do DCA Wed and DL Thurs (and hope they do some sort of parade or fireworks that day) and not do a third day. I guess we could get hoppers for the last day, which just adds $$.

I don't understand this party thing. I mean, I've read the posts and have seen the pictures but it sucks for the people who are on vacation during Halloween time that aren't into the parties.

I just wanted to chime in that you can definitely avoid the Halloween activities at the party and still have a great time. Nobody in our group (myself, my mom and my 3 year old) are into the holiday. The adults didn't dress up, my daughter just wore an Elsa costume. It was a lot of fun because the ride lines were so short! We did go through most of the trick or treat stations (and received SO much candy!). But most of the time we just rode the popular rides with a 5 minute wait! It was fun seeing others in their costumes. Just wanted to give you input from someone not super into the holiday either. We liked it so much we are going back again this year. Hope that helps!

Really happy to see the dates finally announced, but I'll be gutted if we don't get to see Paint the Night as it's our first to DLR this year!

You can't make a PTN dining reservation after September 5th so maybe it really is going away??? That stinks! This is my favorite parade and I thought for sure it would be around for years.

Did I miss the prices somewhere? Also, I'm a little irritated that the party date structure changed. We went in 2012 and 2014 and we're in the parks Mon-Thurs. In those years the parties only fell on 1 of those 4 days. For this year, I bought a 3-day park hopper knowing the 4th day would be a party day (in at 3pm) but now with a second party I feel like we're getting shorted. What should my strategy be? Also, we're traveling with 12 other family members (15 of us total!), 9 of which have never been, the other 3 haven't been since before CA and then my husband, daughter and myself.

Okay, I've updated the Halloween Time Highlight Reel (post #2 on page 1) and the Dates/Events to Remember in post #3 on page 1. Please let me know if I have left anything out that is important!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter