HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so no discount for AP'ers? I'm looking at 10/24 or 10/26. Anyone know if Disney Visa discounts will apply?

Sigh.... I need a bucket of Disney Dollars to fall out of the sky into my lap. I'm not really surprised at the price hike, but disappointed by it. Of course, neither of the nights during my trip are discounted. The tickets for a 5 hour party are almost to the price of a full day. That's crazy, especially with everything that is missing from the party now.

Yeah I'm a little disapointed that there is no AP discount for the night we can go. At $89 I started to wonder if it's worth it. I really want to experience the party, we never have, so I think we'll do it.

Sigh.... I need a bucket of Disney Dollars to fall out of the sky into my lap. I'm not really surprised at the price hike, but disappointed by it. Of course, neither of the nights during my trip are discounted. The tickets for a 5 hour party are almost to the price of a full day. That's crazy, especially with everything that is missing from the party now.

I don't disagree that the prices are a bit outrageous, but technically it's good for 8 hours in the park, not 5. So that helps justify it a little bit for me at least.

Hi, I was just wondering how many days Space Mountain will be closed to accommodate the Ghost Galaxy overlay? I planned a trip from Sept 5-10th because I was so excited about hyperspace galaxy. Now it looks like not only will there be no Hyperspace Galaxy, but Space Mountain may be closed for the majority of our trip! I'm a little sad...going to cry in my Star Wars pillow now. :sad::sad::sad:
Installing Ghost Galaxy usually takes 4 days. So to open on the 9th it would need to close on the 5th. But, transitioning from Ghost Galaxy to Hyperspace took 2 weeks. We don't know they really used the full 2 weeks, if there was a refurb that was done, or if it really only took 4 days and they kept the ride down to open with the rest of Season of the Force.

ok so we are on for firework (check) the HH announcement by JammyJam25 sounds like they are adding to the cavalcade and maybe we might even get a real parade like the one in WDW:cheer2::dancer::banana:party:. I was thinking I was going to save money by not attending a HP...now I'm thinking I need to up my saving game so I can afford the tix afterall. I am officially crazy excited.

To be honest, based on the tiny bit of audition info that included MHP performers (on the Disney Auditions website last month, but the MHP info is no longer there), I really thought (perhaps incorrectly) there would be a parade of some sort, even if it was just going to be the Cavalcade. But maybe they are going to surprise us with a full-fledged Halloween parade and are just holding out right now.

It does seem curious that Erin did not mention the Cavalcade in her blog, so I think that means something. I don't know what it means, but something.

wow the AP discounts end on the 19th...that is way in advance. I was initially bummed a bit with my dates (dictated by school schedule) but Im feeling happier with them now that I see the prices for the tix on the dates I would have preferred. sheesh

To be honest, based on the tiny bit of audition info that included MHP performers (on the Disney Auditions website last month, but the MHP info is no longer there), I really thought (perhaps incorrectly) there would be a parade of some sort, even if it was just going to be the Cavalcade. But maybe they are going to surprise us with a full-fledged Halloween parade and are just holding out right now.

It does seem curious that Erin did not mention the Cavalcade in her blog, so I think that means something. I don't know what it means, but something.
You should ask about a cavalcade or parade in the comments. I'm sometimes surprised by the questions they'll answer int he blog comments.

Maybe they're going to run PTN during the parties with a special Halloween segment.

I don't disagree that the prices are a bit outrageous, but technically it's good for 8 hours in the park, not 5. So that helps justify it a little bit for me at least.

I agree that thats a good value for those that are not AP-holders. My brother & his family are buying HP tickets for Friday and 2 day park-hoppers for Saturday & Sunday, so it works out for them.

Yay! I saw this on Facebook and had a freak out session!! We called Disneyland and they said that we cannot purchase annual passes now to get the AP price for the tickets, unfortunately. Oh well, it wasn't that much in savings anyway.

Oh and we also asked about the costumes and they are a go!! I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life! ;)

They said that the costumes just can't reach the ground because they want to see your shoes and part of your legs. So, now I just have to choose between Cinderella and Belle... decisions, decisions!

Wait, so no discount for AP'ers? I'm looking at 10/24 or 10/26. Anyone know if Disney Visa discounts will apply?

No. If there are no AP discounts for those dates, then no Visa discounts either.

wow the AP discounts end on the 19th...that is way in advance. I was initially bummed a bit with my dates (dictated by school schedule) but Im feeling happier with them now that I see the prices for the tix on the dates I would have preferred. sheesh

I thought I noticed a pattern of the discounts being slightly scaled back to fewer nights last year, and it seems to be continuing!

does anyone know if they add tax or any fees to the ticket cost. My "budget" October trip is getting pricier everyday it feels like and I may need to account down to the penny.

My daughter and her friend will be in DL in October and hope to catch one of the parties. My daughter has an AP and a Disney VISA so she will be able to purchase tickets early, but when she buys 2 tickets will one be with the AP discount and one at the advance purchase price or can she purchase both at the AP price?

I am very interested to see what they will do with the Cadaver Dans... This is always one of my favorites!

Watch with grim, grinning glee as the zombiefied barbershop quartet rises through the fog to perform a host of spook-tacular hits. Ghosts ‘n’ Guests alike can sing, scream and make a scene while howling along to their bad-to-the-bone-chilling songs!

DisneylandDarling-I would try calling and asking a few times...sometimes you get different answers when you talk to different people. I was once given a definite no (not allowed to purchase my socal select AP until I had my drivers licence updated with my address falling within the acceptable zip code range since I was already a CA resident but I fell a few miles outside the acceptable range until i moved 1 town over) then I called back the next day and I was allowed to buy it no problem with rental contract. it never hurts to try.

Last edited:
I am very interested to see what they will do with the Cadaver Dans... This is always one of my favorites!

Watch with grim, grinning glee as the zombiefied barbershop quartet rises through the fog to perform a host of spook-tacular hits. Ghosts ‘n’ Guests alike can sing, scream and make a scene while howling along to their bad-to-the-bone-chilling songs!

Oh my gosh I REALLY hope they have them!!

Do does this mean that all overlays for rides will be done and rides open on 9/9? Our last day in the park is 9/10 and would love to see HM Overlay as I've never seen it before! So excited to see the park decorated for Halloween too!

Same... I know I'll end up forking the money over for us to go since I've never been and can't compare to previous parties but it is a bummer it's dang near the cost of a full day. I'm trying to look at it like this- we'll have a two year old with us (it's just my finance, child and I) so he'll have plenty of rest before being there all afternoon/night.

My daughter and her friend will be in DL in October and hope to catch one of the parties. My daughter has an AP and a Disney VISA so she will be able to purchase tickets early, but when she buys 2 tickets will one be with the AP discount and one at the advance purchase price or can she purchase both at the AP price?

We went two years ago. I have an AP and I bought 4 tickets. Two of us had AP's and two didn't. i got the AP price for all 4 tickets.

Awesome!!! There is a party on the dates we can all make it - this is a good day!

Off to confirm hotel reservations........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter